DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   What Blu-ray Discs are you getting on 05.13.08...? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/531394-what-blu-ray-discs-you-getting-05-13-08-a.html)

nateman 05-12-08 01:27 PM

What Blu-ray Discs are you getting on 05.13.08...?

May 13, 2008

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Mrs. Doubtfire
Ozzfest: 10th Anniversary
Shinobi: Special Edition
Untraceable
Youth Without Youth

BuckNaked2k 05-12-08 01:33 PM

I'd love to get Master & Commander, it's one of my favorite films, but there's no way I'm giving Fox $28, especially for a barebones release.

Gizmo 05-12-08 01:39 PM

Shinobi is coming from Amazon..otherwise I already have Narnia and Youth.

Giles 05-12-08 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I'd love to get Master & Commander, it's one of my favorite films, but there's no way I'm giving Fox $28, especially for a barebones release.

I can wait for one of the eventual B1G1 free deals from Amazon - Fox can go to hell for their pricing and sheer incompetence of not porting all the extras from the standard editions to the BR edition.

- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (Blu-ray)

Laser Movies 05-12-08 02:13 PM

I'll get Master and Commander and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid whenever there is a sale. Not paying the overinflated prices Fox puts on their releases with few if any extras.

rexinnih 05-12-08 02:29 PM

Ditto above statements. Fox will only be purchased on sales.

JMcCraw 05-12-08 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'll get Master and Commander and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid whenever there is a sale. Not paying the overinflated prices Fox puts on their releases with few if any extras.

Me too. Renting Untraceable, coming tomorrow from Netflix.

bunkaroo 05-12-08 02:31 PM

Just M&C & Narnia for me. Probably pick up BC&TSK and Mrs. Doubtfire when they hit $15 or BOGO.

Maxflier 05-12-08 03:12 PM

Would like to have Narnia on Blu-Ray, but it baffles me why they don't put the extended version out instead of just the theatrical cut. Not sure if I will buy or not at this point.

bunkaroo 05-12-08 03:58 PM

Speaking of Master & Commander, has anyone who ordered through Amazon had theirs go into "Shipping Soon" or actually ship yet?

I placed my order the day it was available for pre-order, and mine is still Not Yet Shipped.

mdc3000 05-12-08 04:36 PM

eventually getting Master & Commander...will wait for a price drop. Might get Narnia but I'm still undecided.

Sessa17 05-12-08 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES

Yup, same here.

Mr. Cinema 05-12-08 06:12 PM

Chronic (what) les of Narnia
Master and Commander

I will wait until I can get Mrs. Doubtfire for under $20.

Cosmic Bus 05-12-08 08:37 PM

Youth Without Youth shipped today from Netflix. Had thought about buying it, but restarted my rental account instead.

Sparrow 05-12-08 08:48 PM

Chronicles of Narnia (BD). I actually never got around to opening and watching the original 2 disc release, so just sold that off today in order to pick this up tomorrow.

Just Lurking 05-12-08 09:47 PM

In for Narnia

Doughboy 05-13-08 09:11 AM

The Chronic(WHAT!)cles of Narnia.

I do plan on eventually getting Master & Commander, Butch Cassidy, and Mrs. Featherbottom, but since these are all overpriced Fox titles, I'll wait for a sale on Amazon.

lizard 05-13-08 11:26 AM

Nothing for me. I'll pick up Master and Commander when I can get it for a decent price someday. I'd also pick up Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid someday but the reviews say the PQ is poor, so I'll wait until a cleaned up "double-dip" version is released.

Giles 05-13-08 12:17 PM

well if Amazon had it in stock (and if I had preordered it) Shinobi

Michael Corvin 05-13-08 12:36 PM

Just Narnia for me. I was glad to see there is a $10 rebate. Sold my extended for $20, kept the tab, and will get $10 back. Upgrade = $0 + free Caspian ticket. :up:

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Would like to have Narnia on Blu-Ray, but it baffles me why they don't put the extended version out instead of just the theatrical cut. Not sure if I will buy or not at this point.

1. there is a $10 rebate for DVD owners
2. the extended was all marketing. Those extra minutes were nothing but longer segues between scenes, IIRC, that added nothing to the film. I do know there were 0 scenes added. It's all padding.

Giles 05-13-08 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Just Narnia for me. I was glad to see there is a $10 rebate. Sold my extended for $20, kept the tab, and will get $10 back. Upgrade = $0 + free Caspian ticket. :up:

1. there is a $10 rebate for DVD owners
2. the extended was all marketing. Those extra minutes were nothing but longer segues between scenes, IIRC, that added nothing to the film. I do know there were 0 scenes added. It's all padding.

It might have been padding, but the extended battle scene is pretty amazing.

rfduncan 05-13-08 02:23 PM

Out of that list - I have Chronicles of Narnia en route from Netflix. Once more after the theater is all I need to see of it again...

matome 05-13-08 03:19 PM

Mrs. Doubtfire

Quake1028 05-13-08 07:53 PM

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

But I'm waiting for a sale.

Bacon 05-13-08 08:01 PM

a 2nd job
;)

Mrs Doubtfire
Narnia