HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Vantage Point BLU-RAY 7/1/08

Old 04-28-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vantage Point BLU-RAY 7/1/08

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will offer up a different Vantage Point for those who buy the film on Blu-ray Disc July 1 (prebook May 29).

Among the Blu-ray exclusive special features is a “Vantage View: GPS Tracker” option, which lets viewers track the on-screen movements of every character throughout the movie’s overlapping timeline.

Both the Blu-ray and the two-disc special edition DVD offering will include interviews with the cast and crew, a deleted scene, and a commentary. The two-disc DVD set includes both the full screen and widescreen versions of the film, as well as a digital copy of the film. Sony will also street day-and-date a bare-bones single DVD version and a UMD version for the PlayStation Portable.

Vantage Point brought in more than $75 million at the box office with its puzzle-like tale of eight different witness accounts of the President’s supposed assassination.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/
Old 04-28-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are they including the trailer on this one?

Spoiler:
Wait a second, they are.
Old 04-28-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This was a movie that got progressively worse at it went on.

Also, I can't imagine why anyone would want to own it? It's not the kind that warrants repeat viewings.
Old 04-28-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
Are they including the trailer on this one?
The beauty of American arrogance is that they can't imagine a world in which they are not one step ahead.

I've been subjected to that trailer for such a long time that I could probably rattle off every line of dialogue without hesitating.
Old 04-28-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
The beauty of American arrogance is that they can't imagine a world in which they are not one step ahead.

I've been subjected to that trailer for such a long time that I could probably rattle off every line of dialogue without hesitating.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but could also probably speak a lot of quotes from the trailer alone.

I distinctly remember William Hurt's "We weren't there..."
Old 04-28-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Couldn't agree more. I saw this trailer so many times that it almost became comical and I was always going to the theater wondering if I'd see it again. The list of movies I saw it on was sickening: American Gangster, No Country for Old Men (WTF!?), Walk Hard, Sweeney Todd, Cloverfield, Rambo (both times I saw it...IN DIFFERENT THEATERS!), and finally There Will Be Blood. So, factoring in repeat viewings of NCFOM and Rambo, I saw the trailer in theaters nine times.

NINE TIMES!
Old 04-28-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

...Ive never heard of this film before. Maybe its because I don't go to the theaters?
Old 04-28-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd say it's worth a rental, but agree that it's not really a repeat viewing movie. If there was another cut of the movie I'd give it another shot, it just felt way too short and disjointed.
Old 04-28-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It certainly is famous for that trailer. I think I first started seeing it a year before the film actually came out!
Old 04-28-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NINE TIMES!

LOL!!!

Havent' seen the film though I was kind of intrigued.

Guess I'll scratch this off the list...
Old 04-28-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Judge for yourself.
Old 04-28-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Totally a B movie but as a guilty pleasure, it does deliver. Predictable and ridiculous but fun anyhow...I'm not buying it, but I'll probably rent it.
Old 04-30-08, 02:42 AM

Well, at least with the DVD, I won't have to endure the inappropriate laughter from the audience every time it was 11:59 again.
Old 06-29-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those interested, Sony has included some BD-Live special features as well (which are not mentioned anywhere on the box). Two additional features are Trick Geography and Enhancing the View (both very short and SD). A few trailers for some released and upcoming (Exorcism of Emily Rose) Blu-ray releases are available for download as well.

Looks like Sony has re-designed their BD-Live Portal as well...looks much cleaner.
Old 06-29-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
For those interested, Sony has included some BD-Live special features as well (which are not mentioned anywhere on the box). Two additional features are Trick Geography and Enhancing the View (both very short and SD). A few trailers for some released and upcoming (Exorcism of Emily Rose) Blu-ray releases are available for download as well.

Looks like Sony has re-designed their BD-Live Portal as well...looks much cleaner.
Didn't realize that this was BD-Live enabled. I did end up getting this from Amazon when it was 17.95 ( for a couple of hours, I believe) so I'm definitely looking forward to this now. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-29-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doughboy
This was a movie that got progressively worse at it went on.

Also, I can't imagine why anyone would want to own it? It's not the kind that warrants repeat viewings.
Well that's one person's opinion. I rather enjoyed the movie, and I do want to watch it again and again.

To me it's like the 6th Sense, I want to see it again so that I can see how it stays true to itself the entire time, dispite some obvious flaws and its predictability.

Like tonymontana313, I too pre-ordered it at $18, and I can't wait to see it again, in the comfort of my own home, in its HD splendor.

These added features will certainly be a bonus for me.

... and like Geiger said, "judge for yourself."
Old 06-29-08, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by whomod
Well, at least with the DVD, I won't have to endure the inappropriate laughter from the audience every time it was 11:59 again.
Yeah really, I mean people seemed shocked about that whole development, it's called 'Vantage Point,' c'mon!

Some lady behind me kept making comments everytime like, "This is terrible, I cannot believe I have to see this again," and groaning for everyone to hear.

Overall, it's not high art but I rather enjoyed it, it gets kind of crazy in the end. My enjoyment, may have been because I thought the movie I saw before that, "Jumper" was such shit...
Old 06-29-08, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Didn't realize that this was BD-Live enabled. I did end up getting this from Amazon when it was 17.95 ( for a couple of hours, I believe) so I'm definitely looking forward to this now. Thanks for the tip!
I don't think anyone knew it was shipping with BD-Live functions. Right now they amount to about 10 minutes...but its still kinda neat for those with a PS3.
Old 06-30-08, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Willh51
Yeah really, I mean people seemed shocked about that whole development, it's called 'Vantage Point,' c'mon!
From the trailers, I assumed "Vantage Point" would relate to views from the various video cameras in the area...so color me "shocked". Might have made for a better movie, though.