DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-Ray - Fall '08) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/530264-nightmare-before-christmas-blu-ray-fall-08-a.html)

beetyke 04-24-08 02:42 PM

The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-Ray - Fall '08)

Not sure how reputable this site is, but according to highdefdiscnews.com there is a trailer advertising for it on the National Treasure 2 Blu-Ray disc. Anamorphic AND in high-def! I hope this is true.

Giles 04-24-08 02:50 PM

hooray!

:rock: :hump:

Drexl 04-24-08 02:55 PM

Anamorphic really doesn't apply here. :)

It should look pretty good, as I assume they made a new master to prepare for releasing it theatrically in 3D.

DthRdrX 04-24-08 03:05 PM

Awesome!

Giles 04-24-08 03:10 PM

StarzHD has shown 'Nightmare Before Christmas' in the past with original end credits, not the new made for the 3D version of the film.

Mr. Cinema 04-24-08 03:13 PM

Let's hope it turns out to be true. At least they said "coming this Fall" on the promo. Other titles that have been featured last year in promos, such as Sin City and Bad Boys II, were never given a vague release date. So this is a step up.

bluetoast 04-24-08 03:48 PM

For a second I still thought Fall '08 was a year and a half away. Now I am relieved, and pumped for this release.

tonymontana313 04-24-08 03:49 PM

TNBC is confirmed for release in August per Disney's Home Entertainment forum moderator. Link- http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=12

beetyke 04-24-08 03:56 PM

Confirmation from Disney? Outstanding! Look forward to purchasing in August for sure.

True_Story1011 04-24-08 04:00 PM

confirmed + soon = finally!

Peep 04-24-08 04:24 PM

no 3d + new release = no sale

kefrank 04-24-08 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
TNBC is confirmed for release in August per Disney's Home Entertainment forum moderator. Link- http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=12

Teresa said so! ;)

Sorry, I don't actually doubt that it's true. I just think it's funny that our confirmation is a link to another internet forum that quotes a statement made on a third internet forum.

rfduncan 04-25-08 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
no 3d + new release = no sale

Can't be done... so I guess you'll never get it. Personally, I gladly pay to see this in the theater each Halloween in 3D.

bookcase3 04-25-08 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Can't be done... so I guess you'll never get it. Personally, I gladly pay to see this in the theater each Halloween in 3D.

I would rather see 3D movies on the big screen because it makes it such a treat. I don't need to do this at home.

Subgeniusguy 04-26-08 04:47 AM

What about with a 3D DLP. Could they issue a field sequential version that would work with this?

RocShemp 04-26-08 07:04 AM

I can't wait to get this. It's long overdue. :)

ThriceDamned 04-28-08 10:40 AM

YESSSSSSS!!!!

One of my all time favorite films!...at last count, I'd seen it 79 times, and that's not an exaggeration. Watch it usually about 5 times a year.

This will be the fourth time I buy it, following the VHS > Barebones DVD > Special Edition. Can't wait :)

Peep 04-28-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
What about with a 3D DLP. Could they issue a field sequential version that would work with this?

That's what I thought.

Giles 04-28-08 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ThriceDamned
YESSSSSSS!!!!

One of my all time favorite films!...at last count, I'd seen it 79 times, and that's not an exaggeration. Watch it usually about 5 times a year.

This will be the fourth time I buy it, following the VHS > Barebones DVD > Special Edition. Can't wait :)

personally I've lost count ;)

Barebones DVD, Special Edition, Anamorphic PAL import, laserdisc, DTS laserdisc, Collector's Box laserdisc.

applesandrice 04-28-08 03:14 PM

So "Hannah Montana" can have a 3-D Blu-ray release but this can't?

bunkaroo 04-28-08 03:34 PM

Hmm, now I have to decide if I want to roll the dice and sell my OOP SE now while it's still worth something.

I've been sitting on an HD recording on my DVR, so I'd still have the movie to view.

tonymontana313 04-28-08 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Hmm, now I have to decide if I want to roll the dice and sell my OOP SE now while it's still worth something.

I've been sitting on an HD recording on my DVR, so I'd still have the movie to view.

I would do it since they are releasing an SE for the dvd as well so the value will drop.

PopcornTreeCt 04-28-08 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Giles
personally I've lost count ;)

Barebones DVD, Special Edition, Anamorphic PAL import, laserdisc, DTS laserdisc, Collector's Box laserdisc.

And yet it's Out of Print.

rfduncan 04-29-08 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by applesandrice

What would they want to do that for? I mean people are still paying to see it in the theater every Halloween because it is in 3D. I doubt an annual release of a Miley Cyrus concert film is going to have the same repeat box office draw... Remember this IS Di$ney after all...

rfduncan 08-20-08 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by applesandrice (Post 8653443)

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner's Hannah Montana Blu-ray review
It's kind of a drag that this is anaglyph 3-D -- y'know, the red and blue kind -- but the effect still works really well.

Boo.

Anyway, does anyone think this title will go below the lowest pre-order price of $27.85? Because it is a Disney title, I'm thinking I should grab it now as this will be the cheapest it'll get for a long while. Opinions?