DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Anchor Bay/Starz Blu-ray titles $11.95 @JR.com (formerly @Amazon!) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/529886-anchor-bay-starz-blu-ray-titles-%2411-95-%40jr-com-formerly-%40amazon.html)

Gizmo 04-19-08 12:50 PM

Anchor Bay/Starz Blu-ray titles $11.95 @JR.com (formerly @Amazon!)

Yep! Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, Halloween, and all 4 volumes of Masters of Horror are $11.95 on Amazon right now!

True_Story1011 04-19-08 12:53 PM

I've got one word to sum this up:

Dammit !

flix1 04-19-08 12:55 PM

Weren't these part of the recent B2G1F sale? If so, you may be able to get some refunds.

Gizmo 04-19-08 12:58 PM

Too bad I bought all of these the day they came up. I wonder why such a huge markdown? We have heard nothing about new titles from AB since these came out...maybe they are abandoning Blu-ray for the time being?

DthRdrX 04-19-08 01:04 PM

To Kill a King is on sale as well. I think Grendel is the only remaining AB title that has not been marked down yet.

Gizmo 04-19-08 01:06 PM

Crap, I always forgot about Grendel. Such an odd release considering the other 8. So 8 out 9 ABs on sale :)

DVD Polizei 04-19-08 01:36 PM

^^^Hey, you got more HD DVDs when I wasn't lookin'. :mad:

Gizmo 04-19-08 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
^^^Hey, you got more HD DVDs when I wasn't lookin'. :mad:

Me? I'm at 153 now.

DVD Polizei 04-19-08 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Too bad I bought all of these the day they came up. I wonder why such a huge markdown? We have heard nothing about new titles from AB since these came out...maybe they are abandoning Blu-ray for the time being?

I noticed DeepDiscount had the Masters of Horror volumes for $12.21 a piece when I was looking at another DeepDiscount sale last night. Of course, you only get three titles per Blu-ray volume I think, and I haven't read anything about the quality upgrades. If they are better, then these might be the first Blu-ray titles I get.

Yeah, you. :D I noticed you had only 144 a few days ago.

Gizmo 04-19-08 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I noticed DeepDiscount had the Masters of Horror volumes for $12.21 a piece when I was looking at another DeepDiscount sale last night. Of course, you only get three titles per Blu-ray volume I think, and I haven't read anything about the quality upgrades. If they are better, then these might be the first Blu-ray titles I get.

Yeah, you. :D I noticed you had only 144 a few days ago.

Its 3 episodes per volume, but the last has 4 episodes. Quality is much better then when they aired on ShowtimeHD, but they only carry over the commentarys from the SD releases which is a shame since they had TONS of extra features. Ive watched all of mine and I'm pretty satisfied with them.

Yep...153 now. Do you have a DVDSpot account? I only have 4 friends :-(

DVD Polizei 04-19-08 01:56 PM

Don't have one at the moment, but I need to move some of my collection over to DVDSpot. I think I'll call it good at around 200 for HD DVD titles. I'm at 163 for HD DVD. I might pick up a few Blu-rays from AB this time around.

Zen Peckinpah 04-19-08 05:47 PM

How do I go about getting my refund on Halloween?

Erik68 04-19-08 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
How do I go about getting my refund on Halloween?

It is actually pretty simple.

Click on Help.
Click on Contact Us.
Sign in if it tells you to.
It'll show you your orders, and you check the items you want to contact them about.
Click the e-mail tab.
Choose returns and refunds as the subject.
Write your email requesting your refund mentioning the price that you paid, the price that the item is currently listed at, and a link to the product page.
Click the send email button and you're done.

They normally get back to you within 24 hours.

aeron 04-20-08 01:32 AM

Any link, or do I have to search for the titles?

Erik68 04-20-08 06:32 AM

I just sent off my latest for a $3 credit. I did not include any links, so, it should not matter if you do. Turn around time from my email to their reply was less than 12 hours.

mdc3000 04-20-08 09:29 AM

I got rejected (originally) for a refund on walk hard and a few others that I had in an order with some buy 2 get 1 titles...I then got them to realize those discs weren't promo discs, so I'm not sure if I should bother trying now that Halloween has dropped so significantly, since they may respond with that 'not valid since it's part of a promo' bit... I still get the magic 10% off, so I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize that (ie. ask for more price protection and have them notice the 10% and remove it from my account!)

Erik68 04-20-08 10:37 AM

This is what I wrote, and the items involved in my refund.

ITEMS:
Reservoir Dogs (15th Anniversary) [Blu-ray]
Revenge (Unrated Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]

Comments:
When I placed this order, the price for Reservoir Dogs was $20.95 and the price for Revenge was $19.95. You now have them listed at $19.95 and $18.95 respectively. I am asking for a refund in the difference of the prices since I have just placed this order within the past 30 days. Thank you!

Living Dead 04-20-08 04:58 PM

Is there any kind of link that shows everything included in the sale?

Adam Tyner 04-20-08 05:17 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?...or+bay+blu-ray (Just ignore Beowulf & Grendel.)

The full list is:

To Kill a King
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 1
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 2
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 3
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 4
Halloween
Evil Dead 2
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead

True_Story1011 04-20-08 05:52 PM

I love these prices, now its time for Anchor bay to announce some more titles.

Crossing fingers for Hellraiser and Phantasm.

GenPion 04-20-08 05:53 PM

If I had a Blu Ray player I'd purchase Dawn of the Dead at this price. That's pretty awesome.

Maybe I should invest in Blu Ray... ;)

Of course I've been planning to I just haven't yet. It's too much money for me at the moment. Should I just buy the disc and wait for the inevitable player before opening and enjoying it? I am seriously considering it.

True_Story1011 04-20-08 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by GenPion
If I had a Blu Ray player I'd purchase Dawn of the Dead at this price. That's pretty awesome.

Maybe I should invest in Blu Ray... ;)

Of course I've been planning to I just haven't yet. It's too much money for me at the moment. Should I just buy the disc and wait for the inevitable player before opening and enjoying it? I am seriously considering it.

You can always do what some of the members on the board here did.

Sell the movies you plan on replacing on BD and maybe your player since the BD player plays DVD format. :up:

I ended up trading in a bunch discs that i never opened and never viewed more that once... For awhile there I was buying too much media, so in the long run it made my transistion to HD alot easier.

bretski 04-21-08 09:05 AM

Must...Resist...Urge...To buy...Evil Dead 2...for 15th time...

Maybe I should sell my SD Tin to finance it.

Edubble 04-21-08 10:01 AM

Sale is over, the titles have all gone up to $19.95 each.

bretski 04-21-08 10:22 AM

:lol: Guess that solves my dilemma.