DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   'Heroes' Double-Header Coming to Blu in August (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/529785-heroes-double-header-coming-blu-august.html)

Bill Geiger 04-17-08 10:43 PM

'Heroes' Double-Header Coming to Blu in August

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news...is_August/1659

Universal has announced their first TV-on-Blu-ray release, with plans to bring the first two seasons of 'Heroes' to the format this August.

Only hours after revealing their long-awaited debut wave of Blu-ray releases, Universal is already off and running with further announcements, now setting an August 26 Blu-ray debut for 'Heroes: Season One' and 'Heroes: Season Two' (the latter due day-and-date with the standard DVD set).

Due to the early nature of the news, there are not yet any tech specs or supplement details available for either set (although 'Heroes: Season One' is expected to contain an extras package comparable to the feature-packed HD DVD version released last year).

Universal has also not yet set a suggested list price for either 'Heroes' collection, but says full details should be revealed shortly, so we'll certainly keep you posted.

Mercury&Solace 04-17-08 11:18 PM

Copped.
Cool, another HD DVD I don't have to buy.

JB7 04-18-08 05:34 AM

Well i'll be getting Season 2 maybe both on SD & Blu depending on extras. As for Season 1, I think I will stick with just my free HD-DVD & Target SD versions. Not sure if I love Heroes that much to also get it on BLU (a super deal would go a long way). Besides Heroes is the one who got me into this HD-DVD mess. LOL

Anubis2005X 04-18-08 05:59 AM

Loved Season 1, but after witnessing Season 2, don't think this is a series I care to collect. Great news that it's coming to Blu though...

Supermallet 04-18-08 06:35 AM

I guess it was too much to hope that this was an announcement of the album "Heroes" in lossless audio. :(

Michael Corvin 04-18-08 07:56 AM

I'll be down for rewatching season 2 to see if it plays any better back-to-back.

DVD Josh 04-18-08 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'll be down for rewatching season 2 to see if it plays any better back-to-back.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

rfduncan 04-18-08 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

See, I think you're wrong, but thanks for the little thread poop. :crap:

Considering S2 is so short, I'm expecting Best Buy will have a decent combo deal which I will snap up and have a complete series rewatch before S3 starts. I'm expecting these releases to rival LOST S3, Universal! So do these right!

Yavin 04-18-08 09:58 AM

I have S1 on DVD (even though I haven't really watched more than a couple episodes of it), and I found the S2 episodes to be decent. Not sure if I want to rebuy S1 on Blu or just buy S2 on regular DVD or Blu, or just quit with the series altogether.

I guess this Heroes announcement might mean that other NBC/Universal shows might be coming to Blu soon as well. I'm glad I held out on Season 1 of 30 Rock.

rfduncan 04-18-08 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yavin
I guess this Heroes announcement might mean that other NBC/Universal shows might be coming to Blu soon as well. I'm glad I held out on Season 1 of 30 Rock.

Certianly a "wait and see" thing. Up to this point, only Weeds has had more than one season released on Blu-ray. Heroes will be the second.

Michael Corvin 04-18-08 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh

:shrug:

If anything, I've watched the entire Veronica Mars run since Heroes season two aired so I'm looking forward to seeing Kristen Bell again.

steebo777 04-18-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
See, I think you're wrong, but thanks for the little thread poop. :crap:

The truth hurts, even for us that wanted to like it :(

Anubis2005X 04-18-08 05:03 PM

I love Heroes, but Season 2 deserves all the :crap: that people want to dish out. That said, here's hoping that these releases are excellent and that Season 3 leaves Season 1 in the dust!

darkside 04-18-08 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Loved Season 1, but after witnessing Season 2, don't think this is a series I care to collect. Great news that it's coming to Blu though...

Agreed. Season 1 had the most failed to live up to hype ending I can remember and the show completely fell apart in Season 2.

Glad to see Universal putting shows on Blu-ray though. Hopefully we see stuff like the Office and 30 Rock soon.

GogoTheMimic 04-19-08 09:44 AM

Definitely picking Season 2 up on BR. No need to get Season 1 since I already got it for free in the ridiculous deal BB had with the 360 add on back in October. :)

DiedLaughing 04-19-08 10:33 AM

The last couple episodes on Season 2 were amazing, it was the 90% of it that bored to me to almost quit watching. I already own the Target Exclusive version of Season 1 on DVD, so I doubt I will be buying either one...

SuperBatMan 04-19-08 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
The last couple episodes on Season 2 were amazing, it was the 90% of it that bored to me to almost quit watching. I already own the Target Exclusive version of Season 1 on DVD, so I doubt I will be buying either one...

True, the last 3-4 episodes of season 2 were back to nearly season 1 quality, but most of it before that was pretty bad. Boring, redundant storylines, and slooooow plot movements.

Glad I held off buying season on HD-DVD or DVD. Now we need an announcement about BSG!

ivelostr2 04-19-08 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
True, the last 3-4 episodes of season 2 were back to nearly season 1 quality, but most of it before that was pretty bad. Boring, redundant storylines, and slooooow plot movements.

Glad I held off buying season on HD-DVD or DVD. Now we need an announcement about BSG!

It's coming, I know because I just bought the Austrailian release of BSG on HDDVD last week...

True_Story1011 04-19-08 05:22 PM

purchased Heroes S1 HD-DVD during Best Buy fiasco...

I will not be upgrading season 1, but will be purchasing S2. I'd also like to see the rest of BSG and Smallville's on BD... Hell, I'd like to see the Soprano's completed on BD.

davidh777 04-21-08 06:37 PM

Borrowed season 1 on SD but didn't finish. Got two bad Disc 5 HD DVDs from netflix then gave up and bought the SD last week when it dropped to 19.99.

Yavin 08-25-08 01:03 PM

So what are the rest of you (owners of Season One on DVD) doing? I'm not sure whether I should be buying Season Two on Blu-ray or just stick to the regular DVD for consistency. I read from some reviews that the video quality on the Blu-ray is less than stellar (with inconsistencies and some noisy scenes).

Gizmo 08-25-08 01:44 PM

Yavin,

The noisy scenes are on purpose. It was digitally added in (same with the DVD and BD). I found Heroes Season 2 BD to be slightly better quality than the previous season.

Yavin 08-25-08 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8895046)
Yavin,

The noisy scenes are on purpose. It was digitally added in (same with the DVD and BD). I found Heroes Season 2 BD to be slightly better quality than the previous season.

Yes, I recognize that the noise is there because of the way in which the series was filmed. I guess my main dilemma is trying to figure out what format to buy Season Two on. If I get it on Blu-ray it will bug me that I don't have Season One on Blu-ray. But then again I don't want to drop $80 for something I already have on SD. Getting S2 on SD would make everything nice and uniform but will it bug me that much now that I've moved onto high-def? ... arghh, tough decisions all around ... :P

Now that I've said all that, I think I might just stick to SD for Season Two and continue with this series in that format ... I just can't justify the price of TV-to-BD releases ... :(

Gizmo 08-25-08 01:54 PM

Get what you want. The Blu-ray offers up some exclusive U-Control stuff and better better and sound. The DVD is still really nice and is probably $40 cheaper. I would never pay $80 for Season 1 BD of Heroes...luckily I kept my HD DVD set. I'm tempted to pick up the DVD set at Best Buy just for that damn mask...

spainlinx0 08-25-08 02:41 PM

http://www.denofgeek.com/siteimage/s.../600/11025.png

Is there a special feature where this character is completely cut?