DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   AVP 1 and 2 both for 27.95 on Amazon!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/528267-avp-1-2-both-27-95-amazon.html)

tonymontana313 03-27-08 04:49 PM

(Dead) AVP 1 and 2 both for 27.95 on Amazon!!!

Credit goes to bluray.com for this deal. While we could sit here and discuss the merits of both movies all day, this is a great deal for the two pack and for those that haven't picked up the first movie.

Link : http://www.amazon.com/AVP-Predator-R...6654460&sr=1-6

Mr. Cinema 03-27-08 05:17 PM

I ordered a copy. 2 BDs for $28? Sold!

Not interested in the upcoming BD Live version of AvP. As long as Fox doesn't do a new transfer on that version...

bunkaroo 03-27-08 05:39 PM

Already had AvP but this is too good to pass up. AvP is getting decent prices right now used and I got my copy for under $14, so I'll just sell that and re-acquire it in the two pack.

chanster 03-27-08 05:52 PM

I predict these 2 movies will show up in the first ever Wal Mart Blu Ray Bargain bin.

naitram 03-27-08 06:06 PM

Still too much. ;)

Zen Peckinpah 03-27-08 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by chanster
I predict these 2 movies will show up in the first ever Wal Mart Blu Ray Bargain bin.

Actually, it'll be Daddy Day Camp and I Know Who Killed Me. Those won't be far behind though.

MBoyd 03-27-08 08:05 PM

I am interested in seeing the second one. I know it will suck but gotta keep track of all things Alien or Predator. Thanks for the deal

IDrinkMolson 03-27-08 08:55 PM

This is $26.55 in my Quick Picks under the Gold Box page.

speedyray 03-27-08 11:07 PM

Ordered a copy, at that price I will just get the older version of AVP. If they re-master it instead of just adding extras I will be pissed.

MasterofDVD 03-28-08 12:15 AM

I went ahead and canceled my order for just the second film. I enjoyed the first film and never saw the second so this is an awesome deal.

ozzfan84 03-28-08 05:38 AM

Wow. I had it on preorder for about $20 more than that. I cancelled and just reordered. Thanks for the heads up!

ytrez 03-28-08 08:04 AM

Sigh. I'm in for one too. My son loves the characters and really wants to see the sequel, despite the horrible reviews and the price is right so...

matome 03-28-08 08:08 AM

Never bothered to upgrade my original PG-13 AVP DVD or see AVP 2, but at this price it's a no-brainer for me.

Bill Geiger 03-28-08 09:40 AM

Yeah, this deal was mentioned by Candyrocket in the HD/Blu bargains thread earlier yesterday.

Already placed an order at that time. Even if it sucks, there is always eBay.

dullboy 03-28-08 11:36 AM

I'm confused. What version of the first movie is gonna be in this pack? I thought the BD already out there is the PG-13 version. Is the unrated cut getting a BD release, too?

Goldberg74 03-28-08 11:47 AM

A little OT, but this is from a review on the Amazon page:

Do yourself a favor - spend some quality time with a friend or family member, go out to a nice restaurant, or read a good book (such as those I've listed above), but DO NOT waste some of your precious time on this Earth watching this stinker.
rotfl

bahgee 03-28-08 12:37 PM

Up to $48.95 now.

matome 03-28-08 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by dullboy
I'm confused. What version of the first movie is gonna be in this pack? I thought the BD already out there is the PG-13 version. Is the unrated cut getting a BD release, too?

The original AVP already has both the unrated and PG-13 versions on the same disc via seamless branching.

dullboy 03-28-08 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by matome
The original AVP already has both the unrated and PG-13 versions on the same disc via seamless branching.

But there are three cuts:
1. The theatrical PG-13 release (available on the first dvd release).
2. The theatrical release with a 2 minute prologue attached to it (also available on the first dvd release).
3. The unrated cut (with additional blood and other scenes thrown in, available on the 2-disc dvd release)

All the reviews I read of the BD are contradictory in terms of the version(s) included therein. The review here on dvdtalk actually states it is only the first two versions (essentially the first dvd release, but in HD), while other sites claim the third version with the extra blood and other scenes is there. Wtf?

Gizmo 03-28-08 01:18 PM

Seamless branching of two different encodes for the first film? I know I am Legend claims its seamless branching but its actually two different encodes. AVP is a 25GB disc so I am assume it has to be branching.

dcprules 03-28-08 02:56 PM

I think it's back to the regular price of $48.95 now. I haven't seen the second and don't really remember much of the first, but I was gonna order it. Not now, though...

bunkaroo 03-28-08 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by dullboy
But there are three cuts:
1. The theatrical PG-13 release (available on the first dvd release).
2. The theatrical release with a 2 minute prologue attached to it (also available on the first dvd release).
3. The unrated cut (with additional blood and other scenes thrown in, available on the 2-disc dvd release)

All the reviews I read of the BD are contradictory in terms of the version(s) included therein. The review here on dvdtalk actually states it is only the first two versions (essentially the first dvd release, but in HD), while other sites claim the third version with the extra blood and other scenes is there. Wtf?

I have the BD. The runtime you see when the disc is in your player is consistent with the runtime of the 2-disc unrated DVD cut.

If I have time I will post a pic of my display with the time remaining display showing.

dsa_shea 03-28-08 03:23 PM

I'm glad that the price went back to normal so that temptation to buy will go away.

ThePhantomGoat 03-28-08 07:39 PM

ah dammit. I shouldn't have waited.

Mr. Cinema 03-28-08 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Seamless branching of two different encodes for the first film? I know I am Legend claims its seamless branching but its actually two different encodes. AVP is a 25GB disc so I am assume it has to be branching.

AVP is a 50GB disc.