DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Batman Begins BLU-RAY - 7/8/08! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/527349-batman-begins-blu-ray-7-8-08-a.html)

Gizmo 03-15-08 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
It does look like the studios are moving away from PCM lately.

Yes, which is a good thing.

RockStrongo 03-16-08 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Hopefully Warner does go through and re-encodes all of these releases...but I don't think it will make much of a difference at all. I look forward to seeing the comparison if they do by a neutral poster, not someone thats slanted on either side.

I think BB on hd-dvd looks great (and sounds great too)...I hope WB directs their efforts to other titles not released than re-encoding all the hd-dvd exclusive titles for bluray.

I have a 71in pro calibrated DLP and I think BB is up there in pic quality. Yes, there are better releases, but its very, very good.

Grubert 03-17-08 09:01 AM

Remarkable news on the press release:

Both Blu-ray editions will include the first six minutes of The Dark Knight as a bonus.

Yavin 03-17-08 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Grubert
Remarkable news on the press release:

Both Blu-ray editions will include the first six minutes of The Dark Knight as a bonus.

The first six minutes of TDK will be a nice little bonus, that is until TDK is released on DVD/Blu-ray 4 months later, at which point it will just feel pointless and tacked on. I would rather Warner focus on putting out their best ever presentation of Batman Begins (audio/video-wise) and have them put some of those non-disc extras (script pages, storyboards) onto the disc itself. I am interested in those 5 key art postcards, though.

RichC2 03-17-08 09:29 AM

The HD DVD of this is far better than "good enough", it is fantastic, excellent audio/video.

Nice that it's finally being released on Blu, but I'll stick with the copy I already own. Kind of nice having both players at this point :)

Goldblum 03-17-08 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Yavin
The first six minutes of TDK will be a nice little bonus, that is until TDK is released on DVD/Blu-ray 4 months later, at which point it will just feel pointless and tacked on. I would rather Warner focus on putting out their best ever presentation of Batman Begins (audio/video-wise) and have them put some of those non-disc extras (script pages, storyboards) onto the disc itself. I am interested in those 5 key art postcards, though.

They're not thinking 4 months later. They're thinking what will help sell the most on release week. And rightfully so.

Yavin 03-17-08 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Goldblum
They're not thinking 4 months later. They're thinking what will help sell the most on release week. And rightfully so.

I fully realize this. I'm just saying that this is one of those extras that will be pretty pointless a few months down the line, unlike if they, say added some sort of animated short to bridge the gap between BB and TDK (but that's what Gotham Knight is for, sort of).

Gizmo 03-17-08 10:47 AM

Its a re-release a film with a few "bonus" minutes of the next film and a ticket packed in side. Every studio does this when the sequel(s) come out...not shocking at all. Its an extra incentive to those to pick up the movie, especially if they have never seen it before.

fumanstan 03-17-08 10:55 AM

Is the first 6 minutes the same as the Joker preview in IMAX? I thought when that came out there was something about it being 6 minutes from The Dark Knight.

GogoTheMimic 03-17-08 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Is the first 6 minutes the same as the Joker preview in IMAX? I thought when that came out there was something about it being 6 minutes from The Dark Knight.

I'm pretty sure that was the first six minutes of the film; you can probably still find the clip on YouTube. I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Yavin 03-17-08 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan

Yes, that would be the bank heist scene that played before showings of I am Legend in IMAX.

dx23 04-01-08 04:02 PM

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...giftsetbrd.jpg

DthRdrX 04-01-08 04:14 PM

It will be cool if they make a limited Set like that for all of Nolan's Batman films.

tonymontana313 04-01-08 04:42 PM

Damn that is sexy!

Gizmo 04-01-08 05:18 PM

Crap. They got me. I'll be buying. Dammit.

Big Worms 04-01-08 08:05 PM

Damn nice! Sold.

RocShemp 04-01-08 10:09 PM

That almost has me sold. I'm still trying to hold out to see if they actually remastered the film. If it got something like a shinny new 4K master than I will definitely buy it even though I already have the HD DVD.

bluetoast 04-01-08 10:55 PM

I'm very interested in that limited edition, but I just hope it isn't as wide as a dictionary as the picture indicates.

Big Worms 04-01-08 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
but I just hope it isn't as wide as a dictionary as the picture indicates.

Funny that I am hoping that it is.

But either way, judging by it saying giftset on it, you can pretty much bet it is going to be thick.

rexinnih 04-02-08 07:55 AM

Drool..........

LivingINClip 04-02-08 08:02 AM

I'm sold.

kefrank 04-02-08 11:57 AM

i'm more tempted after seeing that packaging, but if the disc doesn't have any new extras besides the dark knight preview and ports the HD DVD transfer, i still probably won't buy it. i reserve the right to change my mind when i see the packaging in person though. :)

Giles 04-02-08 12:49 PM

so I assume the movie cash is applicable for the IMAX edition (?)

Yavin 04-02-08 02:18 PM

That gift set looks pretty tempting since I don't have the film on HD DVD. And +1 for not including an XL T-Shirt inside!

Sonny Corinthos 04-03-08 12:58 AM

I already own the HD DVD version so I will pass on this one.