Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warning on Cars/ Ratatouille Blu Upgrade Rebates

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 03-03-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I submitted both of these in late December. Received one check and one rejection letter today (both submitted via exact same process - photocopy receipt, form, and POPs).

My rejection letter said the original UPC was required for the DVD and that I had 30 days to re-submit with the UPC. Of course, if they would have read the form, the rebate clearly says that POPs and UPCs are equally acceptable.

I called Disney and they instructed me that they are hearing a lot of people getting rejected for this reason and that I should re-submit with a letter explaining why. They did give me an alternate address as a consolation.

Turning into a lot of work for $10.

Edit: I guess this is the same bright people handling the Crimson/Rock rebates too for BV. I could see my Disney and BV rebates all on the link in the other thread:

https://portal.archway.com/run/Lookup?key=BVISTA

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 03-03-08 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-03-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just cut out my POPs from Ratatouille and Cars a few moments ago -- I'm willing to cut those out, but I refuse to cut out the entire UPC -- especially since it says either/or. I hope they get their act together.
Old 03-03-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Edit: I guess this is the same bright people handling the Crimson/Rock rebates too for BV. I could see my Disney and BV rebates all on the link in the other thread:

https://portal.archway.com/run/Lookup?key=BVISTA

Also the same folks who f'ed up the Lightning McQueen die cast cars by sending multiples (up to a dozen) to lotsa people & then telling people like me tough luck but that it was "while supplies last".

My Cars rebate was mailed in about 4 weeks ago so I guess I'll get my rejection in another 2-4 weeks.
Old 03-04-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Also the same folks who f'ed up the Lightning McQueen die cast cars by sending multiples (up to a dozen) to lotsa people & then telling people like me tough luck but that it was "while supplies last".

My Cars rebate was mailed in about 4 weeks ago so I guess I'll get my rejection in another 2-4 weeks.
It only took me 2 weeks to receive my rebate. But I also sent in the entire UPC. I really don't care if the back of the cover art is messed up. I care about the movie and by cutting the UPC gets me 10 bucks I am in for that.
Old 03-04-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is this promotion still active? Can I buy Cars Blu-Ray in a store today and get the rebate?
Old 03-04-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cant believe people like to butcher their artwork for $10.00.
Old 03-04-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
I cant believe people like to butcher their artwork for $10.00.
I once thought this way, but really, you're cutting a wee little square off the back, which gets hidden by a slipcover. I'll gladly take the $10.
Old 03-04-08, 08:29 PM

All I sent was the little tabs too and also received the rebate in 2 weeks. No problems at all.
Old 03-04-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The thing is when people cut the whole UPC off the back of the artwork.

But this goes into, would you buy something that had a piece of it missing? I see a ton of things for sale on ebay all the time with missing upc's and they go for a fraction of the normally used purchased price.

I know your not watching the case in your player and you can always print another one up, but i guess people are really that anal about it.
Old 03-04-08, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
The thing is when people cut the whole UPC off the back of the artwork.

But this goes into, would you buy something that had a piece of it missing? I see a ton of things for sale on ebay all the time with missing upc's and they go for a fraction of the normally used purchased price.

I know your not watching the case in your player and you can always print another one up, but i guess people are really that anal about it.
I also used to be ultra retentive about defacing my cases.

I have sold a lot of rare DVDs over the past number of years. Many that I purchased and never opened, just because I never had the time. The best bang for your buck is to never open it, but then what is the purpose of purchasing it in the first place. So, just by opening it, you are decreasing value.

Unless the item is really rare, it is not going to fetch all that much anyway, and chances are that the $10 you are getting back now should more than cover your losses on the back end.
Old 03-05-08, 12:42 PM

No problems here. Cut the small POPs off the sleeve then sold the BR for $10 as used no problem. Considering I got it as the free title in the TRU promo, I got back $20 ($10 + $10 rebate). Plus the DVD was free during an Albertson's promo (buy $xx, get free Cars DVD).
Old 03-05-08, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by flix1
Unless the item is really rare, it is not going to fetch all that much anyway, and chances are that the $10 you are getting back now should more than cover your losses on the back end.
Exactly. $10 is a hefty amount. Should more than cover a few bucks difference if you decide to sell later.
Old 03-24-08, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by DarthScooby
All I sent was the little tabs too and also received the rebate in 2 weeks. No problems at all.
I just got my rebate today, about 3-4 weeks after sending it off. A pleasant surprise after the Archway fiasco on the rebate for The Rock.

David
Old 04-03-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Couldn't find the other thread, but my Free Disney Blu movie from the Rewards Club substitution arrived today. $3.50 for Chicken Little. Not bad.

Still no Cars rebate though.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-03-08 at 01:05 PM.