HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Planet Earth HD-DVD issuses

Old 03-01-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Planet Earth HD-DVD issuses

Just wondering if anyone had issues with their HD-DVD Planet Earth and 360 addon? I have already switched out disc 2 for a working one, and now my disc 4 will not read. I have seen reports of the Blu Ray ones not working, but nothing really about the HD-DVD ones. Any suggestions, or are the issuing new non-defective discs similar to Children of Men?
Old 03-02-08, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Just wondering if anyone had issues with their HD-DVD Planet Earth and 360 addon?
Mine should be arriving any day. If I have any issues, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

- Shane
Old 03-03-08, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Just wondering if anyone had issues with their HD-DVD Planet Earth and 360 addon? I have already switched out disc 2 for a working one, and now my disc 4 will not read. I have seen reports of the Blu Ray ones not working, but nothing really about the HD-DVD ones. Any suggestions, or are the issuing new non-defective discs similar to Children of Men?

I had that issue, you need to log onto X-Box live and update the driver for your HD-DVD drive. Once that is done, it will work fine.
Old 03-04-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

my drive is updated fine, i replaced the disc for a 3rd time and now finally have 4 working discs Must be a really bad job at the factory or something, a lot of the brand new sets we were opening to swap discs with were all scratched up.