Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will the BD transformers be as good as the HD version?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-27-08, 07:28 PM

I am mostly vetted in BD, but, like a lot of folks am taking some advantage of the HD demise to get a second player. I am not going to build an extensive library of HD titles, but there are few - notably Transformers - that look to be particularly spectactular. Is this, or any others, have spectactular features that BD is unlikely to ever reproduce?
Old 02-27-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Undoubtedly. BD fans who had to wait for this movie will be in for an aural and visual treat.

As for the special features, you'll probably need a profile 2.0 compliant player (any BD feel free to correct me in case I'm wrong) in order for Paramount to emulate the interactive and online features of the HD DVD version. Although I bet the PS3 will play it all just fine.

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-27-08 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-27-08, 08:39 PM
Banned by request

I'm going to lock this thread, because I can tell you now it's going to start nothing but fights. Here's my synopsis of the way the thread will go:

Person B: Paramount made a Blu-ray encode and a lossless PCM mix for this that blows away the HD DVD! Michael Bay himself approved it!

Person H: How do you know we'll be able to see the difference?

Person B: Because the bitrates are maxed out!

Person H: I don't care about bitrates. The Blu-ray can't handle all the online features.

Person B: It can with Profile 2.0!

And so on.

The truth is, we don't know exactly what Paramount is planning for Transformers on Blu-ray. When they do release it, I promise you that there will be extensive coverage of the difference, with people posting comparison screenshots and wav samples and showing readouts from their bitrate meters and everything. Until then, anything else is just hearsay and conjecture.