DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   The Godfather Trilogy HD DVD up for pre-order (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/525960-godfather-trilogy-hd-dvd-up-pre-order.html)

PopcornTreeCt 02-24-08 02:25 PM

The Godfather Trilogy HD DVD up for pre-order

Hmm...

Amazon.co.uk

Rusty James 02-24-08 02:39 PM

I don't care if this ends up being on HD DVD or Blu-ray. Just let the date stick!

Please Paramount! Do it for the children!!!

Mercury&Solace 02-24-08 02:46 PM

WOW! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

flashburn 02-24-08 02:51 PM

The price is pretty damn cheap too. This has to be a mistake.

Gizmo 02-24-08 02:56 PM

I wouldn't put much stock into it. How many times have we seen Star Wars and such up? Wishful thinking.

Adam Tyner 02-24-08 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
How many times have we seen Star Wars and such up?

With a date and price tag attached? Something that wasn't just a placeholder entry but a title you could actually pre-order? Never, as far as I know.

I'm not saying I have any confidence in this HD DVD set actually coming out, but this is different than the meaningless placeholders we've seen on Amazon in the past.

Gizmo 02-24-08 03:14 PM

Ahh, I didn't even click the link. I just assumed it was a place holder title like all the others. There were rumors a few months ago about Godfather coming out in the UK, so it is possible...but at this point, I don't think we will see very many HD DVDs coming out :(

Edit: For $28 USA I pre-ordered it. Why not.

Cosmic Bus 02-24-08 03:28 PM

Edit: For $28 USA I pre-ordered it. Why not.

How did you get that price? Even with VAT subtracted, it comes up to £19.14/$37.xx on my end.

Gizmo 02-24-08 03:33 PM

I have no idea. Almost Famous was around the same price (I think) and it was $28 American for me. I have no idea of the conversion thing.

edstein 02-24-08 03:39 PM

Do you have to buy the trilogy? I'd rather have just I and II.

The Cow 02-24-08 03:43 PM

I have no idea. Almost Famous was around the same price (I think) and it was $28 American for me. I have no idea of the conversion thing.

Almost Famous was £11.48 before shipping.

Gizmo 02-24-08 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Almost Famous was £11.48 before shipping.

Oh...bugger. I'll cancel it then. Not paying $50 for a trilogy I have never seen (yeah, really).

PopcornTreeCt 02-24-08 04:03 PM

Oh...bugger. I'll cancel it then. Not paying $50 for a trilogy I have never seen (yeah, really).

I ordered it. That's a grand bargain if the price sticks.

The Godfather is on AMC right now if you wanna give it a shot. :)

Rusty James 02-24-08 05:57 PM

Not paying $50 for a trilogy I have never seen (yeah, really).

Trust me, it's worth it. :D