DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Official Blu-ray & HD DVD OOP list (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/525251-official-blu-ray-hd-dvd-oop-list.html)

Overpar 02-15-08 10:14 AM

Official Blu-ray OOP list

Bandai Visual

-Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

Dreamworks

-Disturbia

Lionsgate

-The Condemned
-Crank

MGM\UA

-Flyboys

Paramount

-Aeon Flux
-Babel
-Black Rain
-Black Snake Moan
-Coming to America
-Flags Of Our Fathers (2-Disc Special Edition)
-Four Brothers
-Freedom Writers
-Hustle & Flow
-Italian Job, The (2003)
-Manchurian Candidate, The: (2004)
-Mission Impossible: Ultimate Missions Collections
-Mission: Impossible
-Mission: Impossible 2
-Mission: Impossible 3: Special Collector's Edition
-Nacho Libre
-Payback (Straight Up Director's Cut)
-Reds: 25th Anniversary Edition
-Sahara
-Shooter
-Sky Captain And The World of Tomorrow
-Sleepy Hollow
-Trading Places
-U2 Rattle And Hum
-Untouchables, The
-Warriors, The: Ultimate Director's Cut
-We Were Soldiers
-World Trade Center

Sony

-The Fifth Element - Original release 6/20/2006

Warner Brothers

-Blade Runner 5-disc Ultimate Edition (Briefcase)
-Full Metal Jacket (released 9/5/06)

WEA

-Legends Of Jazz With Ramsey Lewis: Showcase
-New Orleans Concert, The: The Music Of America's Soul

rfduncan 02-15-08 10:30 AM

How about every Blu-ray Paramount title? :(

Aeon Flux
Babel
Black Rain
Black Snake Moan
Disturbia
Flags Of Our Fathers (2-Disc Special Edition)
Four Brothers
Freedom Writers
Hustle & Flow
Italian Job, The (2003)
Manchurian Candidate, The: (2004)
Mission Impossible: Ultimate Missions Collections
Mission: Impossible
Mission: Impossible 2
Mission: Impossible 3: Special Collector's Edition
Nacho Libre
Payback (Straight Up Director's Cut)
Reds: 25th Anniversary Edition
Sahara
Shooter
Sky Captain And The World of Tomorrow
Sleepy Hollow
U2 Rattle And Hum
Untouchables, The
Warriors, The: Ultimate Director's Cut
We Were Soldiers
World Trade Center

Every WB HD-DVD title is soon to join the list on the flip side.

My Other Self 02-15-08 10:35 AM

The Paramount titles will be back in print within the next year I would assume, since once they revert back to supporting BD as well they just need to start pressing the discs again since these were already made.

Qui Gon Jim 02-15-08 10:38 AM

Sigh.

Let's deal with the NOW for this thread. RIGHT NOW, all Paramount BDs are out of print. There is NO announced deal WHATSOEVER with Paramount and BD.

Maybe we need a "Speculation?" thread to keep the other threads to facts only.

ETA:
Because this thread is a "list" where people can go to see if a title they have or are looking for is OOP, it certainly should include every Paramount BD, even if they announce support today. Until any Paramount title is available from Paramount on BD, it is OOP.

Some of the older pre-exclusivity titles and even some of the HD DVD only titles may not see the blu light of day for a long time.

It makes logical sense that Paramount will be announcing soon that they are back in the BD fold, but that has NOTHING to do with a title being OOP or not.

Overpar 02-15-08 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
Sigh.

Let's deal with the NOW for this thread. RIGHT NOW, all Paramount BDs are out of print. There is NO announced deal WHATSOEVER with Paramound and BD.

Maybe we need a "Speculation?" thread to keep the other threads to facts only.

Yes, we will deal with the current situation, and we can add and subtract when things change around. It's looking as if all HD DVD's will be OOP at some point, but we can deal with that down the road.

Peep 02-15-08 11:32 AM

I agree about leaving ALL of the titles on the list.

Why not put the studio next to the title name? Then people who want to ignore Paramount titles, can easily do so.

dan30oly 02-15-08 11:36 AM

I have to admit, if this was meant to be ironically funny today, you got me laughing.

Hammer99 02-15-08 11:42 AM

If you include imports, I believe Equilibrium & Band of Brothers are both OOP on HD DVD (per Xploited's site anyways).

Gizmo 02-15-08 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly
The Paramount titles will be back in print within the next year I would assume, since once they revert back to supporting BD as well they just need to start pressing the discs again since these were already made.

Lets be honest here, how many titles out of that list would they really need to repress? Many of those are just simple fluff titles that sold poorly before, and will still sell poorly now. Many, 6 months later, are still available at stores for purchase. I would think if Paramount went Blu again, they would press a few of the "big" titles, and concentrate on either bringing out some of the HD DVD only titles, or new releases. No reason to rush out and repress Aeon Flux :lol:

rfduncan 02-15-08 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Lets be honest here, how many titles out of that list would they really need to repress? Many of those are just simple fluff titles that sold poorly before, and will still sell poorly now. Many, 6 months later, are still available at stores for purchase. I would think if Paramount went Blu again, they would press a few of the "big" titles, and concentrate on either bringing out some of the HD DVD only titles, or new releases. No reason to rush out and repress Aeon Flux :lol:

You never know what people are interested in. I for one am actively hunting down all the Mission:Impossible films and The Untouchables via eBay.

Overpar 02-15-08 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer99
If you include imports, I believe Equilibrium & Band of Brothers are both OOP on HD DVD (per Xploited's site anyways).

Yes, I want to include every release worldwide. I hope this will be useful to everyone. If we keep it on topic, I think it will. We all have our own taste in movies and format, I just want a comprehensive list of what we know was once available, but now is not. Thanks for everyone's contributions!

Ryan

Gizmo 02-15-08 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
You never know what people are interested in. I for one am actively hunting down all the Mission:Impossible films and The Untouchables via eBay.

If you have a Frys check them out. Ive seen both the MI boxset and The Untouchables there several times. All smaller stores like FYE, Sam Goody etc. may still have them.

rfduncan 02-15-08 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
If you have a Frys check them out. Ive seen both the MI boxset and The Untouchables there several times. All smaller stores like FYE, Sam Goody etc. may still have them.

No Frys around here. Never seen them in store recently. Much cheaper and easier to get them on eBay.

Drexl 02-15-08 01:17 PM

Unless you don't have any versions of them, I would wait and see if they add lossless audio to the M:I movies.

BTW, not that I care for those films, but why are Crank and The Condemned OOP? I thought Crank was a decent seller.

Jericho 02-15-08 03:31 PM

Yeah, when did things like Crank, Flyboys, and Sahara (both formats) go OOP?

Gizmo 02-15-08 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
Unless you don't have any versions of them, I would wait and see if they add lossless audio to the M:I movies.

BTW, not that I care for those films, but why are Crank and The Condemned OOP? I thought Crank was a decent seller.

Maybe the ones with a slip cover?

Overpar 02-15-08 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jericho

DVD Empire is listing them as discontinued.

flix1 02-15-08 04:29 PM

I was wondering when a topic like this would get started.

In the early days of DVD, when things went OOP, people bought them like crazy and Ebay prices would skyrocket ... that was before "the double-dip". I hope we are all a bit wiser now. :)

Originally Posted by Jericho

Did not know about Crank. Glad I picked it up when I did.

Drexl 02-15-08 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by flix1
I was wondering when a topic like this would get started.

In the early days of DVD, when things went OOP, people bought them like crazy and Ebay prices would skyrocket ... that was before "the double-dip". I hope we are all a bit wiser now. :)

Well, I don't remember fairly major movies going OOP in a year. The Condemned has only been out for five months.

Doesn't Crank have that PiP where they encode the movie twice? Maybe they're doing a Profile 1.1 version.

Bill Geiger 02-15-08 05:02 PM

Crank and The Condemned are no way OOP...they are listed everywhere else except DVDEmpire.

PhantomStranger 02-15-08 05:16 PM

There is no way Crank is discontinued. Up until Christmas Crank had been Lionsgate's top BD seller. I don't believe any Lionsgate BD title is out of print.

cultshock 02-15-08 06:27 PM

CRANK is definitely NOT OOP. The slipcover version seems to be gone though. All the ones I see in stores now do not have a slipcover.

Overpar 02-15-08 08:47 PM

Crank and The Condemned are no longer on the Lionsgate website. It appears that there are rumours of a 1.1 release for Crank.

gorgo99 02-16-08 07:44 AM

Pan's Labyrinth and Hairspray are OOP for HD-DVD, as New Line said they wouldn't do another pressing.

WMAangel 02-16-08 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by gorgo99
Pan's Labyrinth and Hairspray are OOP for HD-DVD, as New Line said they wouldn't do another pressing.

Hairspray never made it to HD DVD....