HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Toshiba's Hd-a35 For $234

Old 02-06-08, 04:22 PM

Toshiba's Hd-a35 For $234

Well if anyone is interested onecall and JR have this player for $234(no tax in most states) + shipping. Now don't kill the messenger . I have this player and does a good job with SD-dvd's and if you have a capable receiver DD+,TrueHD,DTS-HD/MA is outstanding! . I bought this when I got my receiver(Denon's 3808) just to compare and hear TrueHD,DTS-HDMA(since my A2 won't produce those). upconversion for SD-dvd's is much better than the A2 and the sound was like I said OUTSTANDING! .
I wasn't gonna keep it (cause I paid $500 for it) but then they dropped the price down to $299 and I had a coupon. So I returned it a repurchased it for $264 out the door. Well I demo'd it for my G/F and she said "WE ARE KEEPING IT!" She got no arguement from me
Anyway just wanted to give anyone interested a heads up
Old 02-06-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$226.00 with free shipping over at Amazon.com. I'm still waiting for it to drop under $200.

Last edited by kahuna; 02-06-08 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-06-08, 04:46 PM

Gawd, I paid around $600 with tax for this a few months ago. That said, it's a great player and I will be keeping mine.
Old 02-06-08, 11:18 PM

I'm been thinking about buying the hd-a35 for awhile, but then some say the hd-xa2 is a better overall player. I want one of these two because of the analog outs that match my current receiver. A refurbed hd-xa2 can be had for $299.95 at refurbdepot.com. Any opinions on which is the better player or are they pretty close to being the same?
Old 02-07-08, 09:31 AM

^^^^ Re: XA2 vs. A35, you'll likely get some differing opinions. The bottom line seems to be, the XA2 is destined to go down as a legendary player. Its 1080p HD-DVD performance, together with the Reon chip for upscaling SD-DVDs, puts it at the top. The A35 is from all accounts an outstanding player as well, and likely a steal at $230. Plus, you can submit for the free HD-DVDs. It just may not be 100% of what the XA2 is.

In my case, I just received a refurbed HD-XA2 from Overstock purchased for under $250 (they're gone now), and at that price, it was a no-brainer to go with the XA2. It is so much beefier than my HD-A2 it is not even funny. I only had a chance to briefly test it out last night, but everything I threw at it looked outstanding.