DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   BB 20% off coupon Blu-ray/HD-DVD Players Jan 25-28 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/523060-bb-20%25-off-coupon-blu-ray-hd-dvd-players-jan-25-28-a.html)

flix1 01-19-08 11:19 PM

BB 20% off coupon Blu-ray/HD-DVD Players Jan 25-28

In today's snail mail, I received the standard batch of Best Buy 10%/12% off coupons.

I was surprised that this batch had a 4th coupon behind the standard 3, and it was larger than the rest.

In any case, the title says it all ... coupon is for 20% off all Blu-ray and HD-DVD players.

Of course, it excludes the following:
- Pioneer Elite
- XBox 360 HD DVD players
- All computer drivers (both HD DVD and Blu-ray)
- special order, clearance, demo and open-box items

Limit 1 offer per coupon.

There is no mention of the PS3 on there. I doubt it is part of the sale, but it could make for an interesting week.

http://auctionpix.co.uk/users/hwo1257836.jpg

dsa_shea 01-19-08 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by flix1
In today's snail mail, I received the standard batch of Best Buy 10%/12% off coupons.

I was surprised that this batch had a 4th coupon behind the standard 3, and it was larger than the rest.

In any case, the title says it all ... coupon is for 20% off all Blu-ray and HD-DVD players.

Of course, it excludes the following:
- Pioneer Elite
- XBox 360 HD DVD players
- All computer drivers (both HD DVD and Blu-ray)
- special order, clearance, demo and open-box items

Limit 1 offer per coupon.

There is no mention of the PS3 on there. I doubt it is part of the sale, but it could make for an interesting week.

http://auctionpix.co.uk/users/hwo1257836.jpg

I thought the very same thing when I got my coupons in today.

JasonX 01-20-08 12:25 AM

For some reason I never get these coupons. I have been meaning to pick up a ps3 so if this does work it would be a pretty decent deal. Any chance anyone has a spare they don't plan on using?

pro-bassoonist 01-20-08 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by JasonX
For some reason I never get these coupons. I have been meaning to pick up a ps3 so if this does work it would be a pretty decent deal. Any chance anyone has a spare they don't plan on using?

Hello Jason:

Send me your address and I shall mail you my coupon.

Ciao,
Pro-B

JasonX 01-20-08 01:33 AM

Thanks a lot Pro-B! PM sent.

pro-bassoonist 01-20-08 01:47 AM

I have your address Jason. The 20% coupon will be on its way to you on Monday.

Ciao,
Pro-B

Lord Rick 01-20-08 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by JasonX
For some reason I never get these coupons.

For some reason I usually get mine on the last day of the sale. Weird.

Michael Corvin 01-20-08 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
Hello Jason:

Send me your address and I shall mail you my coupon.

Ciao,
Pro-B

I wonder how quick that coupon would have been offered up if he said he was buying an HD player. :lol:

True_Story1011 01-20-08 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I wonder how quick that coupon would have been offered up if he said he was buying an HD player. :lol:

cute. :lol: - No seriously.

Pro-B in the past (and here recently) has been very helpful with information on upcoming HD imports for me. He's a pretty nice guy all-the-way around, he's just passionate about BD. :D

John Galt 01-20-08 10:26 AM

I didn't get one of these either and am looking to pick up a PS3, any chance someone else has one they aren't going to use?

flix1 01-20-08 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by John Galt
I didn't get one of these either and am looking to pick up a PS3, any chance someone else has one they aren't going to use?

I am not going to use mine. I already have a PS3 and a HD-A3.

I sent you a private message.

kmac2878 01-20-08 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
I have your address Jason. The 20% coupon will be on its way to you on Monday.

Ciao,
Pro-B

Don't forget ... MLK is a federal holiday ... no mail.

Gizmo 01-20-08 12:17 PM

This will not work on PS3s as its a video game console, not a Blu-ray player.

PerryD 01-20-08 12:26 PM

This would actually make their current Toshiba HD-A3 deal decent, with current MSRP of $149.99, since they are giving away 2 free instant movie plus the 2 in box, plus 5 by mail, 20% off would be $119.99 for the player and 9 free movies. Today's ad still shows the old MSRP though, so it may be YMMV.

pro-bassoonist 01-20-08 02:57 PM

Well, it is interesting to see that you believe the only reason I offered the coupon is because he may or may not be interested in buying a PS3. As far as I am concerned the PS3 is very unlikely to be part of the deal...so no go for him. Perhaps, I should have kept silent, and thrown the coupon I wasn't going to use in the garbage. Always reading between the lines...)

By the way a few days ago a poster asked for info in the Review section. After answering the question I offered to send him my disc (that would be SDVD) at no cost. Perhaps I am very passionate about SDVD, and logically Toshiba.

Pro-B

Sdallnct 01-20-08 03:09 PM

I was at BB last week wasting some time looking around. They had a table full of "open box" HD & BD players with a sign "30% off already low open box items". I thought cool...but their prices were terrible. The A-3 was still like $180 as an open box. Terrible, prices....

Goldblum 01-20-08 05:44 PM

Can't the guy do anything without being slammed?

True_Story1011 01-20-08 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Goldblum
Can't the guy do anything without being slammed?

I concur - However, before we start pitchforking/cross burning in his yard, I'm sure he was only goofin' around.

But only a few short months ago, he left this forum because people were badgering him. Now he stops in to do something helpful for a fellow member - and for some reason; instead of letting something drop, you are instigating another incident.

I do wish this would end here - He's brought a ton of useful information to this part of the forums, and I'd hate to see him run off -again- because of it.

Gizmo 01-20-08 06:06 PM

Here we go again -rolleyes-

TheMovieman 01-20-08 06:24 PM

If I actually get these on time (they usually arrive the Monday AFTER they expire), it'll be tempting to get the 80GB PS3 (which will be $400 if my math is correct).

Gizmo 01-20-08 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
If I actually get these on time (they usually arrive the Monday AFTER they expire), it'll be tempting to get the 80GB PS3 (which will be $400 if my math is correct).

Again, it will NOT work on the PS3.

The PS3 is classified as a video game console, not a Blu-ray player.
If the coupon was 20% off DVD Players it wouldn't work on the Xbox 360 or PS2/PS3.

TheMovieman 01-20-08 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Again, it will NOT work on the PS3.

The PS3 is classified as a video game console, not a Blu-ray player.
If the coupon was 20% off DVD Players it wouldn't work on the Xbox 360 or PS2/PS3.

Oh, ok. Well, the waiting game continues...

However, since it never says so on the back of the coupon, might be worth a try since they only mention the Xbox HD-DVD drive...

Cosmic Bus 01-20-08 07:18 PM

I'd be more inclined to use this coupon if Blu stand-alone players (and more specifically, the ones that aren't obsolete and non-upgradable) were in a decent price bracket to begin with, and there were still some free movies in-store... I want to go purple, but there certainly aren't a lot of incentives these days.

Michael Corvin 01-20-08 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
I concur - However, before we start pitchforking/cross burning in his yard, I'm sure he was only goofin' around.

Ding. ding. ding.

Just goofin around. Everyone needs to lighten up around here.

Parasol Stars 01-20-08 08:34 PM

How do you guys know for sure that it wont work on PS3? If I tried to buy the 40gb with this coupon, I would make them honor it, as long as there is no mention of the coupon excluding that Blu-ray player on the back.