DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Lost Season 3 in Bluray worth the extra $$$? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/519809-lost-season-3-bluray-worth-extra-%24%24%24.html)

phephron 12-11-07 08:44 PM

Lost Season 3 in Bluray worth the extra $$$?

I bought the regular DVDs - have not opened them to see if the Bluray version is blowing people away?

Any details on what is included? How many discs? There is some talk about a special "interactive" feacture that lets you explore?

I am HUNGRY for details...

dsa_shea 12-11-07 11:33 PM

From what I have heard the PQ and the audio does blow you away. Probably worth the extra bucks for you to pick it up. Plus, the packaging for the Blu-Ray set is top notch.

Hammer99 12-12-07 12:00 AM

The notes on the inside of the box are classic! Here's a bit:
"...we did a special feature just for you Blu-Ray folk called "Access: Granted."... we were forced to reveal and confirm certain facts about the show, facts that we respectfully ask that you keep secret from the poor suckers who didn't spring for the Blu-Ray spectacular."
:lol: rotfl :lol:

Anubis2005X 12-12-07 05:52 AM

I saw this at Best Buy yesterday. The packaging is just awesome. I'll probably have to pick it up one of these days...

Doughboy 12-12-07 07:41 AM

I picked up the Blu-ray version yesterday and it looks and sounds great. Granted I haven't seen the SD-DVD set, so I don't know how it compares, but if you're a fan then get the best quality version available.

Gizmo 12-12-07 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer99
"...we did a special feature just for you Blu-Ray folk called "Access: Granted."... we were forced to reveal and confirm certain facts about the show, facts that we respectfully ask that you keep secret from the poor suckers who didn't spring for the Blu-Ray spectacular."

...You're kidding right? That would be way to cool. I saw the DVD version at Fry's yesterday. The "I Love Jacob" looks weird on the front box art.

Shannon Nutt 12-12-07 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
...You're kidding right? That would be way to cool. I saw the DVD version at Fry's yesterday. The "I Love Jacob" looks weird on the front box art.

Nope, that's what it says on the inside of the front box flap.

phephron 12-12-07 06:07 PM

OK - I am taking back my SD version - unless I can think of a special friend to give it to for X-mas. Just ordered the Bluray from Amazon. I am hoping it will be worth it - but it sure looks like it. Thanks!

PhantomStranger 12-12-07 07:03 PM

I'm a huge Lost fan and after going through two episodes already, this set is spectacular. Blows away the HD broadcast version in terms of picture quality. I imagine the dvd set to be a big step down.

PopcornTreeCt 12-12-07 07:50 PM

I like Lost but didn't care too much for last season. But all these talk gets me very interested in the set.

Tom Army 12-12-07 08:03 PM

:( Amazon sent my last order today but they also sent me an email saying that the delivery of Lost would be delayed, when I checked this morning it was backorder so hopefully they will send it soon since they seem to have it in stock now

aktick 12-12-07 09:41 PM

Damn this looks gorgeous! And DAMN I miss this show even more after watching the S3 premiere again. The first and last 5 minutes of every season have been amazing thus far, I can watch them a hundred times and still get chills.

Gizmo 12-12-07 10:45 PM

Amazon e-mailed me to let me know it was delayed...and then shipped it an hour later. Weird.

RichC2 12-12-07 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Damn this looks gorgeous! And DAMN I miss this show even more after watching the S3 premiere again. The first and last 5 minutes of every season have been amazing thus far, I can watch them a hundred times and still get chills.

The last set of episodes for Season 3 were phenomenal, I could watch stuff like that for hours on end.

Michael Corvin 12-13-07 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer99

that's awesome.

Frozenhamster 12-13-07 10:33 AM

Damn. I've been looking to get this set on Blu-ray. I don't know if its something to do with the Canadian release, but I can't find a copy anywhere that has that sexy box/slipcover thing. It's always just the fat elite-blu case by itself. Does anybody know anything about the Canadian market been screwed over yet again?

BornAgainStar 12-13-07 05:43 PM

I really just can't get over how good it looks. Out of all the Blu-Rays I own, this looks better than any other - and that's saying a lot. Maybe it's the lush landscapes that show up so well, or that it was filmed in HD, but either way it's definitely reference material.

dsa_shea 12-13-07 06:25 PM

I'm watching Further Instructions right now and the show looks damn good! Demo quality for Blu-Ray and HDM.

mdc3000 12-14-07 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Frozenhamster
Damn. I've been looking to get this set on Blu-ray. I don't know if its something to do with the Canadian release, but I can't find a copy anywhere that has that sexy box/slipcover thing. It's always just the fat elite-blu case by itself. Does anybody know anything about the Canadian market been screwed over yet again?

Looks like Disney Canada didn't see fit to including the outer shell... the set is way cheaper on Amazon.com anyhow so I got it there (they had some serious stock issues but after a few cancelled and replaced orders, they finally have shipped my copy out).

Tom Army 12-14-07 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Looks like Disney Canada didn't see fit to including the outer shell... the set is way cheaper on Amazon.com

that's why I ordered it there, order is now shipping soon so hopefully I'll get it soon

dsa_shea 12-14-07 09:47 PM

I think it is probably the best looking high def. release I have seen outside of animated movies.