Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any word..... DEXTER on HD DVD

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-07, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if DEXTER will be coming to HD DVD. I think this would be great if they did?
Old 11-30-07, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree, I recently watched all of Season 1 in about 2 weeks...really liked this show! My wife also got hooked on it and now we're kicking ourselves for not having Showtime and being able to watch Season 2.

I'd love to see it on either hi-def format, but you know what? The DVDs looked damn good to me on my 46" LCD (but I'm sure the HD-DVDs would look even better).

Anyone know when they'll release Season 2 on DVD? Next summer?
Old 11-30-07, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by slateef
Anyone know when they'll release Season 2 on DVD? Next summer?
Season 1 came out at the end of August, shortly before season 2 started, so I would assume next year would probably follow the same pattern.

I'd love to have this in HD. The first season was put out by CBS on dvd, which is Paramount, so we'd probably see an HD DVD release if anything.
Old 11-30-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd buy an HD release in a heartbeat... the best show currently on TV (airing new eps now that is). I thought the DVDs were OK but compared to the HD feed of this show, they were seriously disappointing IMO. Hopefully when Season 2 hits, they'll release both on HD.
Old 11-30-07, 03:34 PM

You all are too kind: The DVDs were downright atrocious. Incorrect colors, mosquito noise, and video artifacts made them almost unwatchable. I love this series--and the second season is even better than the first--so would love to see these on HD-DVD.
Old 11-30-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the DVDs were awful looking at well. Thank god the show was so fantastic.
Old 12-01-07, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched the first season in HD on SHO, loved the picture quality so much, I'd watch the intro each time a new episode aired. I had no intention of buying the SD set, but caved and bought it as I wanted to re-watch the first season. 1/2 episode in, I had to turn it off. The video quality disappoints....SHO spoiled me with those amazing broadcasts .

I'd buy the HD version is a heartbeat as well.
Old 12-01-07, 11:11 PM

Weeds is out on BluRay, released by Lions Gate.

Dexter is from Paramount, so there is hope there. But I wonder if Showtime has any control over the distribution. If so, Weeds might be a bad precedent for the HD camp.

Have any SHO programs been released in HD-DVD yet?
Old 12-01-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinCleveland
You all are too kind: The DVDs were downright atrocious. Incorrect colors, mosquito noise, and video artifacts made them almost unwatchable. I love this series--and the second season is even better than the first--so would love to see these on HD-DVD.
If the DVDs were atrocious, then you probably do not want this on HD DVD.