DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW FRONTIER on HD DVD and BLU RAY! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/518532-justice-league-new-frontier-hd-dvd-blu-ray.html)

MBoyd 11-27-07 08:41 PM

JUSTICE LEAGUE: NEW FRONTIER on HD DVD and BLU RAY!

All I have to say is thank you WB . . . Universal could learn a thing or two from you . . . (yes I am talking about Razor). And Fox doesn't get off the hook with Benders Big Score either, perhaps a better example.

Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release the all-new original movie Justice League: The New Frontier on February 26, 2008 on DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc, distributed by Warner Home Video. . . All the content from the 2-disc Special Edition DVD will be available on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12473

Yes I know Death Of Superman is supposed to be pretty much crap, but I have high hopes for this one.

tonymontana313 11-27-07 08:52 PM

Death of Superman wasn't too bad. They did the best they could do with it considering the source material could get convoluted when translated to film. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Death of Superman is also coming out on BD and Hd-dvd on the same day as well.

That being said, I can't wait for New Frontier!

MBoyd 11-27-07 09:00 PM

I am such a whore for HD . . . I'll probably buy Superman even with all the bad reviews I have read. Glad I haven't seen it yet.

DVD Polizei 11-27-07 09:03 PM

But you can't be a whore. You're paying them money. You're just an HD John. :up:

Rogue588 11-27-07 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Yes I know Death Of Superman is supposed to be pretty much crap..

Yes, it was.

davidh777 11-27-07 10:04 PM

[threadhijack]Did anyone see the Doctor Strange title, in BD or SD?[/threadhijack]

Spider-Man 11-27-07 10:39 PM

I've got Dr. Strange in SD. It was ok. Actually pretty crappy. The Iron Man one was soo much better.

MBoyd 11-27-07 11:03 PM

I thought the Iron Man one sucked. Didn't even try Ultimate Avengers after I heard Captain America's voice in a preview.

But anyway I have high hopes for this comic book adaptation. Maybe unreasonably high hopes.

clemente 11-28-07 12:24 AM

HD cel animation.....hmmm, I'm intrigued.

JustinCleveland 11-28-07 12:32 AM

Looks like they're stunt-casting it again, filling the roles with movie stars who may or may not work as voice actors. Some can do it: I was surprised by how much I liked "that guy from Wings" Tim Daily as Superman. Others can't. In fact, most can't. I just hope this one is better than the Death of Superman, which I thought was atrocious.

Eric F 11-28-07 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Spider-Man
I've got Dr. Strange in SD. It was ok. Actually pretty crappy. The Iron Man one was soo much better.

Yeah, I also have Dr. Strange, but on Blu, I agree, it's craptastic. The best thing about the disc are the extras, especially the CGI shorts of all Marvel games so far- they blew the movie out of the water. So sad.

XavierMike 11-28-07 07:36 AM

I can't wait for this one. Hopefully, we'll get more animation in HD.

stingermck 11-28-07 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by XavierMike
I can't wait for this one. Hopefully, we'll get more animation in HD.

Speaking of which, I read the sequel to Appleseed is coming to HD/BR next year. That should look great!

bahgee 11-28-07 09:14 AM

I didn't expect to like Dr. Strange, but the story was pretty good.

Overpar 11-28-07 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by bahgee
I didn't expect to like Dr. Strange, but the story was pretty good.

Same with me. I liked Dr. Strange, but didn't care for Ironman or the two Hellboy animateds. I loved the Hellboy movie. Can't wait for Appleseed 2!

tonymontana313 11-28-07 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Overpar
Same with me. I liked Dr. Strange, but didn't care for Ironman or the two Hellboy animateds. I loved the Hellboy movie. Can't wait for Appleseed 2!

Can't wait for Appleseed either but Warner please give us Appleseed as well. Please!

RocShemp 12-16-07 11:28 PM

Doesn't Geneon still hold the rights to Appleseed? Maybe that's why Warner Bros. isn't releasing it even though they are releasing Appleseed Ex Machina. :shrug:

True_Story1011 12-17-07 01:33 AM

I also enjoyed Dr. Strange. I liked the Ultimates 1 - Iron man on the other hand was nothing more than a polished turd.

And dont get me started on Ultimates 2 :(

katyeza 12-17-07 10:39 AM

I believe Death of Superman is also coming out on BD and Hd-dvd on the same day as well.

whotony 12-17-07 09:33 PM

but will JLNF have the same features as sd dvd?

Deftones 12-17-07 09:39 PM

Cool. Been looking forward to this for some time. Nice to see it's coming out on HD-DVD.

WMAangel 12-18-07 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by whotony
but will JLNF have the same features as sd dvd?

Yes, both the HD-DVD and the Blu-ray will have all the extras that are on the 2 disc standard def DVD....

Shoveler 12-18-07 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Yes, both the HD-DVD and the Blu-ray will have all the extras that are on the 2 disc standard def DVD....

Well, the OP really should have mentioned something about this. ;)

kvrdave 12-18-07 05:04 PM

I don't know that I have ever seen anything animated in on HD-DVD or BD. Is it really that much better? Why? (to avid the simple "yes."

David Levine 12-18-07 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I don't know that I have ever seen anything animated in on HD-DVD or BD. Is it really that much better? Why? (to avid the simple "yes."

We're doing the 2002 He-Man series in Blu-Ray and there is a noticeable difference. The colors seem more vivid and it has an almost 3D effect to it. You can see more detail in the painted background as well.