DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Fry's online deals on Blu-ray and HD-DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/518161-frys-online-deals-blu-ray-hd-dvd.html)

aeron 11-24-07 10:38 AM

Fry's online deals on Blu-ray and HD-DVD

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so here we go: Fry's is running a new Blu-ray B1G1 deal (it shows prices at $13.98 each...I think this reflects the B1G1 prices, so it's really 2 for $27 or so, NOT 2 for $13.98--I think). Also, they have some HD-DVDs on sale: $12.99 for Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Unleashed, Mercury Rising, Pitch Black...

http://shop3.outpost.com/template/dvd

In the non-high def arena, they have Smallville seasons 1-5 for $14.99 each, La Femme Nikita Seasons 1-5 for $14.99 each, X-Files Seasons 1-9 for $16.99 each, and Nip/Tuck Seasons 1-3 for $14.99 each, Six Feet Under Seasons 1-5 for $17.99 ea...

The only problem: when I go to checkout, it simply cycles me back to the Home page. That is, I can add to my cart, but I am currently unable to order. Maybe you'll have better luck...Maybe you can phone in the order? How quaint...

tonymontana313 11-24-07 10:46 AM

Shaun of the Dead for 12.99 is a great price and I stopped by yesterday to pick it up.

Lt Ripley 11-24-07 11:22 AM

Kingdom of Heaven for $14 is nice. I don't see where it says B1GO, I just see the lower price individually. Will they honor the price if I only order that one Blu-ray?

MBoyd 11-24-07 11:28 AM

It's in store too. AVP and Kingdom of Heaven were the two I missed in last weeks BOGO and I picked them up yesterday with Spidey 3 pack which was $44.

Seriously I keep saying this, but I have not gone this :wacko: on DVD's since the Summer 1999 on into 2000. Unbelievable past couple of weeks.

DVD Polizei 11-24-07 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by MBoyd
Seriously I keep saying this, but I have not gone this :wacko: on DVD's since the Summer 1999 on into 2000. Unbelievable past couple of weeks.

Same here. I normally don't spend over $100 or so, but this year, I'm way over that amount. Like, Iraq War Over-budget amount.

tonymontana313 11-24-07 11:40 AM

Hope you guys take advantage of the Fox sales considering they come once every blue moon. No pun intended. :)

aeron 11-24-07 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Kingdom of Heaven for $14 is nice. I don't see where it says B1GO, I just see the lower price individually. Will they honor the price if I only order that one Blu-ray?

The link graphic says Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Blu-ray...but the actual prices seem to be $13.98 each...kind of like when safeway says 2 for $6.00 on granola bars, but actually lets you buy as many or few as you want at $3.00 ea.

aeron 11-24-07 12:26 PM

Has anyone actually been able to order online? I've been trying for the last hour with no luck.

mbs 11-24-07 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by aeron
Has anyone actually been able to order online? I've been trying for the last hour with no luck.

It did let me get to the last screen, but then I decided that shipping and tax (CA) killed the deal for me.

Paul_SD 11-24-07 12:39 PM

I was waiting for a deal on the Fly, but my budget has already been blown thru the roof with the DD and DVD Planet sales. I'll have to wait on this till next year.

as far as the once in a blue moon time table, the last time I bought 1/2 priced Fox titles was when Transformers streeted in October. That was just a little over a month ago. I'm sure by the middle of January there will be another opportunity to buy cheap Fox titles...next time they'll include the Die Hards most likely too.

Lt Ripley 11-24-07 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by aeron
The link graphic says Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Blu-ray...but the actual prices seem to be $13.98 each...kind of like when safeway says 2 for $6.00 on granola bars, but actually lets you buy as many or few as you want at $3.00 ea.

Heh heh, I see it now. Guess I need to go to bed. I was an idiot and went to Wallmart at midnight to make sure I got in on that deal.

Gizmo 11-24-07 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
I was waiting for a deal on the Fly, but my budget has already been blown thru the roof with the DD and DVD Planet sales. I'll have to wait on this till next year.

as far as the once in a blue moon time table, the last time I bought 1/2 priced Fox titles was when Transformers streeted in October. That was just a little over a month ago. I'm sure by the middle of January there will be another opportunity to buy cheap Fox titles...next time they'll include the Die Hards most likely too.

The Fly was $13.99 last week at Frys...(which was the last Fox/MGM Bogo sale). The CC "deal" was a glitch.