DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Anchorman and Old School HD-DVD specs? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/517190-anchorman-old-school-hd-dvd-specs.html)

WMAangel 11-13-07 11:48 PM

Anchorman and Old School HD-DVD specs?

OK, these two are due to be released in only TWO more weeks, and yet I still have not been able to find one shred of evidence as to what the specs are on these beyond 1080p video and 5.1 audio (MAYBE TrueHD, maybe just DD+ at 1.5)....

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I currently have both of them pre-ordered at my local Movie Stop but if these two show up as barebones as that Top Gun disc, then I am canceling and will stick with the extra-filled DVDs I already have...

Doughboy 11-14-07 08:01 AM

I have them preordered, but I'm hesitant to sell off my DVD copies after what Paramount did with Top Gun and (maybe)The Jack Ryan Collection.

Hopefully reviews will start popping up soon.

Cameron 11-14-07 10:34 AM

seems if they were going to add the extra movie and even the best buy exclusive disc content, they would have put it in the press release

Doughboy 11-14-07 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
seems if they were going to add the extra movie and even the best buy exclusive disc content, they would have put it in the press release

I'm pretty certain Wake Up, Ron Burgandy will not be included. What I wanna know is if all the extras from the Anchorman DVD will be ported over. Then I can at least sell that one.

FusionX 11-14-07 11:15 AM

Anchorman is one of the few DVDs I'd hold onto for extras, especially the Wake Up Ron Burgundy disc. Hasn't Dreamworks been good about keeping extras on their HD stuff?

beetyke 11-14-07 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by FusionX
Anchorman is one of the few DVDs I'd hold onto for extras, especially the Wake Up Ron Burgundy disc. Hasn't Dreamworks been good about keeping extras on their HD stuff?

Very good. Ray, Jarhead, Cinderella Man and Seabiscuit all ported over the special features (aside from the printed material) from their respected Limited Edition standard DVDs.

Rusty James 11-14-07 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by beetyke
Very good. Ray, Jarhead, Cinderella Man and Seabiscuit all ported over the special features (aside from the printed material) from their respected Limited Edition standard DVDs.

Except I don't think Dreamworks had anything to do with any of those movies.

beetyke 11-14-07 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty James
Except I don't think Dreamworks had anything to do with any of those movies.

My bad - I saw Dreamworks and thought of Universal, hence the reply.

Rusty James 11-16-07 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I'm pretty certain Wake Up, Ron Burgandy will not be included. What I wanna know is if all the extras from the Anchorman DVD will be ported over. Then I can at least sell that one.

According to the info posted on thelookandsoundofperfect, here are the extra features that will be included on Anchorman:

Commentary
With Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, Lou Rawls, Andy Richter, Kyle Gass, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Christina Applegate

The Making of Anchorman

A Conversation with Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy at the MTV Movie Awards

“Afternoon Delight” Music Video

ESPN Audition

Bloopers

Commercial Break

Ron Burgundy Exclusive

Special Report

29 Deleted Scenes

And here are the Old School extras:

Feature Commentary

From the Cutting Room Floor-8 Deleted Scenes

Old School Orientation

Inside the Actors Studio Spoof

Outtakes and Bloopers

Theatrical Trailer (in HD)

3 TV Spots

Doughboy 11-16-07 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty James
According to the info posted on thelookandsoundofperfect, here are the extra features that will be included on Anchorman:

Commentary
With Adam McKay, Will Ferrell, Lou Rawls, Andy Richter, Kyle Gass, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Christina Applegate

The Making of Anchorman

A Conversation with Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy at the MTV Movie Awards

“Afternoon Delight” Music Video

ESPN Audition

Bloopers

Commercial Break

Ron Burgundy Exclusive

Special Report

29 Deleted Scenes

And here are the Old School extras:

Feature Commentary

From the Cutting Room Floor-8 Deleted Scenes

Old School Orientation

Inside the Actors Studio Spoof

Outtakes and Bloopers

Theatrical Trailer (in HD)

3 TV Spots

Sounds like everything(save for Wake Up Ron Burgandy) is being ported over.

bretski 11-16-07 10:50 AM

Didn't care for Anchorman in the theater, but will be picking up Old School. I still have the unopened SD version that was received as a gift long ago. Never bothered to open it, since it's the full-screen version. Think anyone is crazy enough to buy this on ebay?

islandclaws 11-16-07 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by bretski
Think anyone is crazy enough to buy this on ebay?

Sure, if you don't mind seeing it go for $4 plus s/h.

bretski 11-16-07 02:31 PM

Not at all. Gets it out of my cabinet, making more room for HDM!

Zen Peckinpah 11-16-07 03:58 PM

Anchorman in TrueHD?

LOUD NOISES!

WMAangel 11-16-07 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Sounds like everything(save for Wake Up Ron Burgandy) is being ported over.

If that's true, then I am a happy camper!
(I never expected "WURB" to be on there, just wanted all the original DVD extras, that's not too much to ask for!)