DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Face/Off or Terminator 3? (HD-DVD) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/517186-face-off-terminator-3-hd-dvd.html)

argh923 11-13-07 10:58 PM

Face/Off or Terminator 3? (HD-DVD)

I like both, so please don't talk about which movie you prefer...which looks better on HD-DVD? I have both DVDs, and am upgrading one (for the time being)...which should I choose?

ace749 11-14-07 01:57 PM

face/off for sure

Doughboy 11-14-07 02:01 PM

They both have their issues. T3 is a little soft and Face/Off looks like it had a lot of DNR done to reduce grain which also lessened the detail in the transfer.

I guess overall package though(including audio and supplements), go with Face/Off.

myrdh 11-14-07 02:44 PM

yup. Face/Off. okay 3 to none so go get Face/Off.

tbickle 11-14-07 03:29 PM

Terminator 3!!!!.....ehh, I'm quite indifferent - just wanted to mix it up.

bboisvert 11-14-07 03:52 PM

I'd vote Terminator 3... but, ultimately, I'd be doing so because I think it's a better film.

Quality-wise, it's probably a tie between the two. Neither one is stellar, but both are fine. Honestly, there's no easy answer to this question if you like the two films equally. Flipping a coin would be just as useful.

Iron_Giant 11-14-07 06:46 PM

Love them both, but T3 is one I could watch over and over again.

Which one would you watch the most?

TheKing 11-14-07 07:15 PM

Which version of Face/Off do you have on DVD? The original release or the 2-Disc Edition that just came out?

If you have the original, I'd say get Face/Off to get the new extras. Also, since T1 and T2 are Blu-Ray exclusive right now, you might want to take that into consideration.

PopcornTreeCt 11-14-07 08:28 PM

Watch your fucking mouth!

Sorry, obligatory Face/Off quote.

argh923 11-14-07 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Which version of Face/Off do you have on DVD? The original release or the 2-Disc Edition that just came out?

The original.

If you have the original, I'd say get Face/Off to get the new extras. Also, since T1 and T2 are Blu-Ray exclusive right now, you might want to take that into consideration.
I ended up getting both. :) I did indeed take that into consideration, but am planning on getting a PS3 sometime next year, so that's not too big of an issue for me.

bboisvert 11-14-07 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Also, since T1 and T2 are Blu-Ray exclusive right now, you might want to take that into consideration.

Some other considerations:

T1 on BD is virtually indistinguishable from the upconverted standard DVD... and lacks the extras found on the SE disc.

T2 is available on HD DVD overseas.

Drexl 11-14-07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
I ended up getting both. :) I did indeed take that into consideration, but am planning on getting a PS3 sometime next year, so that's not too big of an issue for me.

I thought he meant that you might want to have the whole series in one format, and you can't do that as of now with HD DVD.

Doughboy 11-15-07 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Watch your fucking mouth!

Sorry, obligatory Face/Off quote.

Well shoot, if we're gonna do that.

T3 or Face/Off? "Wheeeeeeeeeee! What a predicament!" ;)

truelies 11-15-07 10:14 AM

What? Sure Face/off

I think t3 is not comparable to face off.

argh923 11-15-07 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I thought he meant that you might want to have the whole series in one format, and you can't do that as of now with HD DVD.

Nah...I could care less. As long as they're all in HD...I'm not loyal to either format, just HD in general.