Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

5 free Blu-Ray discs promotion - anyone still waiting???

Old 03-30-08, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike2
Can anyone confirm is the Pirates(1) is the new version aka not with the framing issue.
I just checked and the version I received is the corrected new version.
Old 03-31-08, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since a lot of people that sent their's in around the same time as me have been getting their movies, I got kind of anxious and called about my order. The woman I spoke with told me that my order was still in processing because they didn't have all the titles I had selected (but she didn't know which ones) and that they don't substitute. Now obviously they do sub them out sometimes, otherwise people wouldn't be getting Wild Hogs instead of PotC, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Anybody else called them recently and gotten that response?
Old 03-31-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Holiday Offer: I just called the "800" number, and found out they received my app. and it's qualified. The rep said it was taking a while, as they were awaiting receipt of some of the movies.

No problem here.
Old 03-31-08, 10:26 PM

Got mine today (finally)! Got all the ones that I ordered, including Pirates.

--John
Old 04-01-08, 09:02 AM

They Lost my UPC

I got a letter with all my original paper work in it (minus my UPC), stating i did not send the correct upc in. Which is wrong i sent the only POS UPC on the playstation 3. I called the number to talk to a csr and was told to just send a letter stating that my upc was missing. I had to explain to her that my upc was not missing that it was taken off my paper it was taped to when they received it. I fulfilled my part to the littlest detail and they take my upc and tell me to resend with the correct upc. I asked to speak to her supervisor only to get a remark from the csr "my boss is just going to tell you the same thing". what a b***h. So i resent everything this morning, with a letter the supervisor told me to type stating that the upc was sent in and removed blah blah blah. will see. Has any body else had the same issue? I saw one post stating the same thing did you call? This might be an issue that needs to be looked into a bit further.
Old 04-01-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Originally Posted by JSwarce
Got mine today (finally)! Got all the ones that I ordered, including Pirates.
Bastards.
Old 04-01-08, 08:47 PM

Got mine today too, sent out at the end of January. I recieved all that I requested and was releaved to get Pirates instead of Wild Hogs, thank God!
Old 04-02-08, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ELLUZiON
I got a letter with all my original paper work in it (minus my UPC), stating i did not send the correct upc in. Which is wrong i sent the only POS UPC on the playstation 3. I called the number to talk to a csr and was told to just send a letter stating that my upc was missing. I had to explain to her that my upc was not missing that it was taken off my paper it was taped to when they received it. I fulfilled my part to the littlest detail and they take my upc and tell me to resend with the correct upc. I asked to speak to her supervisor only to get a remark from the csr "my boss is just going to tell you the same thing". what a b***h. So i resent everything this morning, with a letter the supervisor told me to type stating that the upc was sent in and removed blah blah blah. will see. Has any body else had the same issue? I saw one post stating the same thing did you call? This might be an issue that needs to be looked into a bit further.

There are TWO barcodes on the PS3 box (at least the 40GB version). I don't see anyway to tell which one is the correct one before sending it in. Unfortunately, I sent the wrong one in the first time as well.
Old 04-02-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
There are TWO barcodes on the PS3 box (at least the 40GB version). I don't see anyway to tell which one is the correct one before sending it in. Unfortunately, I sent the wrong one in the first time as well.
He sent the correct one. The one needed says in big letters POS BAR CODE above it (just looked at the copy of the one I submitted).
Old 04-02-08, 03:24 PM

I was beginning to wonder but I got mine on Saturday (initiated in January) without any substitutions --POC, FMJ, Am Psycho, SWAT, and Chain Reaction.
Old 04-02-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Got mine today and I bought my PS3 on the final day of the promotion so it was a pretty fast turn around. All five were the ones I ordered. Of course only two are worth keeping.
Old 04-02-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Got mine yesterday as well.
Old 04-03-08, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by ELLUZiON
Exact same thing(posted on the last page), I haven't called yet. All I've got is a photocopy of my barcode though. :/
Old 04-05-08, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i had tried to look on the website a few days ago to find out what my status was and it didn't have anything, so i was a bit worried. however, when i got home yesterday, there was a brown mailer from BVHV with the 5 BR's that i picked.
Old 04-07-08, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Fuck! I called tonight just for the hell of it and was told my submission was rejected because I sent the wrong UPC code. What the fuck!? I only saw ONE. So I cut it out and sent it. Turns out that Costco (or Sony?) put a white sticker over the correct UPC code which I found tonight when I studied the box some more. Luckily, they are going to let me re-submit my order, but it starts the whole process over again.

Fuck.
WooHoo!! Just called to check the status and this time I'm "processing" which means I qualified this time.

In case anyone needs/wants it, the number is 1-800-598-9671.
Old 04-11-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ordered mine on January 30th, just recieved them:

Species
The Devils Reject's
Swordfish
PotC 1
Ultraviolet

Sweet!
Old 04-15-08, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mailed it out on the very last day(February 29) and just received. I got all of the titles that I had requested-

Prestige
Devil's Rejects
Species
Ultraviolet
Full Metal Jacket-newly remastered version.
Old 04-15-08, 02:05 PM
bub

Mailed end of January, received today and got all my choices...
The Patriot
Chain Reaction
The Devils Rejects
Swordfish
Wild Hogs

What a horrible bunch of movies (the exception being The Patriot). Maybe I can sell the other four on ebay and make enough to buy two that I want...

Luck all,
George
Old 04-15-08, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Mailed it out on the very last day(February 29) and just received. I got all of the titles that I had requested-

Prestige
Devil's Rejects
Species
Ultraviolet
Full Metal Jacket-newly remastered version.
Mailed mine out about a week after this. Still nothing for me.
Old 04-15-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ejunior2
Mailed mine out about a week after this. Still nothing for me.
I wish you the best, but the rebate was supposed to be postmarked by February 29.
Old 04-16-08, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mailed mine on 1/26, got them in today. No substitutions on any of my requests.

Pirates of the Caribbean
American Psycho
Swordfish
S.W.A.T.
Species
Old 04-16-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my discs today and mailed them in late January

The Prestige
American Psycho
Superman
The Patriot Extended Edition
Chain Reaction
Old 04-22-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Mailed my rebate just under the deadline (last week of Feb). The movies were waiting for me in the mail today. Yay! Let's see ...

Superman: The Movie
The Prestige
American Psycho
Species ... errrr ... guess it at least merits a
Ultraviolet (the PG-13 theatrical version)

Last edited by brainee; 04-22-08 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-22-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got mine today - mailed in the first week in February:

Superman: The Movie
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl
American Psycho
Ultraviolet (the PG-13 theatrical version)
Last Waltz

So everything I'd asked for. Only sad this is my PS3's Blu-ray drive died a week ago and was sent back to Sony yesterday for warranty service... figures they'd arrive the very next day after I sent it out.
Old 04-22-08, 06:55 PM

Got mine yesturday. Woo Hoo!

Recieved and ordered:
Flight of the Phoenix
Full Metal Jacket
POTC: Black Pearl
The Devil's Rejects
The Patriot

Funny thing is I actually sent in the wrong reciept and UPC and sent in much later than my Toshiba 5-Free order and got these BR's first. Go Figure.

Now, I only really wanted the POTC disk. Anyone interested in trade/buy on the others?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.