HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

300 HD DVD Problem - My disc or my player?

Old 11-09-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

300 HD DVD Problem - My disc or my player?

so i recently got the XBOX 360 HD DVD add-on drive, and just bought 300.

i was watching last night, and the disc froze right around the 45:00 mark. nothing from this point, until chapter 18 starts, is playable.

i can't test it out on another player, because i don't have another player. has anyone experienced this with their 300 disc?

just wondering if i should hold on to the disc or if i should get in touch with WB for a replacement.
Old 11-09-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The first thing to check is your firmware.

I don't know how the 360 updates firmware, but you'll need one that's at least from August for that disc, although having the latest is always recommended.

If you have the latest firmware, it's possible you have a bad disc. Combos are more prone to fault than non-combos, and there were many users here and at AVS that had problems with this specific release.
Old 11-09-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surprisingly, the HD-DVD of 300 that came packed with the A3 is a non-combo disc. Never seen this for individual sale. Sure it cuts back on playback problems.
Old 11-09-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dullboy
Surprisingly, the HD-DVD of 300 that came packed with the A3 is a non-combo disc. Never seen this for individual sale. Sure it cuts back on playback problems.
I'm actually watching the Blue Screen PIP feature right now on the single sided disc on my A3, and have had absolutely no problems with the disc.
Old 11-10-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Combo Discs - What Went Wrong