Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sony CEO Sees 'Stalemate' in Disc Fight

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Sony CEO Sees 'Stalemate' in Disc Fight

Old 11-15-07, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
Don't you stream HD content from your cable company or Dish now to your TV/DVR/HD-TiVo?
I believe I said "with the quality of HD DVD". The shit Time Warner and AT&T pass off as HD is no where near this quality. I'm not happy with compression artifacts and canceled my HD service because of it. I would much rather put that money towards real HD content on disc.
Old 11-15-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts
Did the same. I figured an extra $60 a month could go to OWNING the HD movie instead of having artifacts and dropouts (probably on purpose to hinder copying). In fact, the best HD I've ever seen was on sports channels.
Old 11-15-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
VOD and subscriptions are contingent upon factors outside of my house. Outside of a power loss or the rapture, disc-based content is not.
Don't you just hate it when you sit down to watch a good movie and the Rapture comes? Man, what a pain in the ass!
Old 11-16-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Don't you just hate it when you sit down to watch a good movie and the Rapture comes? Man, what a pain in the ass!
Especially when you're watching Left Behind for the 100th time.