HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Newbie HD Questions

Old 11-08-07, 08:26 AM

Newbie HD Questions

I took the HD plunge and purchased the A3, While I was at it I replaced my Infocus X1 Projector with a Mits HC1500 and also purchased a new sound system Onkyo 605.

I'm still waiting on some of the components but have a few questions about the setup.

1. The A3 will output 1080i or 720p, the HC1500 is 720p, so do I get a better picture by sending the 1080i or 720p to the projector?

2. I planned on connecting the A3 to the Onkyo and then the Onkyo to the HC1500 using HDMI. Is that the best or should I connect the A3 directly to the Projector with HDMI and use the optical to connect the A3 to the Onkyo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-08-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

1. Try it both ways. It depends on what will have the better scaler: the A3 or the projector. My guess is setting the A3's output to 720P will work better.

2. Well, if you want to get the best sound, you need to connect the A3 to the receiver via HDMI.
Old 11-08-07, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll both ways and run the A3 through the receiver. Now if it would only get here