DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Star Wars IV-VI in HD on Cable. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/516418-star-wars-iv-vi-hd-cable.html)

GatorDeb 11-05-07 10:18 PM

Star Wars IV-VI in HD on Cable.

I'm watching Ep IV right now and you can totally tell the difference. The one thing I noticed is that everything's so DIRTY. And Vader seems to have a bad case of dandruff :lol:

Highly recommend it you catch it on the premium channels if you get them (I saw it on MaxHD.

Really hope this comes out on HD DVD (HD DVD - HD-DVD and/or Blu Ray).

chanster 11-05-07 10:28 PM

Ok please don't start threads like this unless you want to get flamed. The HD broadcasts of these movies have been discussed previously. There are no plans to release them on HD DVD or Blu Ray and I figure it will be years, if they come out.

DVD Polizei 11-05-07 10:32 PM

Well, I missed that wonderful thread. :lol:

Looking forward to the HD versions. Whenever they come out.

TheKobra 11-05-07 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by chanster
Ok please don't start threads like this unless you want to get flamed. The HD broadcasts of these movies have been discussed previously. There are no plans to release them on HD DVD or Blu Ray and I figure it will be years, if they come out.

I do remember these being on Amazon as a pre-order several months ago. Then next thing you know they were gone and the link to them no longer worked.

naitram 11-06-07 06:47 AM

question marks are good

Toad 11-06-07 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by naitram
question marks are good

He didn't ask a question, Albert.

naitram 11-06-07 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Toad
He didn't ask a question, Albert.

I was referring to the thread title. And don't call me Albert.

Toad 11-06-07 09:50 AM

Exactly. His thread title is not a question. If you read his post, you'd see that.

Get it?

kefrank 11-06-07 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by naitram
I was referring to the thread title. And don't call me Albert.

i think it's important for everyone to remember that "HD Talk" applies to more than just hi-def media. it can also include hi-definition broadcast television and other hi-def technology. i see nothing wrong with the title of the thread.

theflyingdutch 11-06-07 09:55 AM

Looking forward to these on Bluray at some point, but I agree it will take years.

Burnt Thru 11-06-07 09:56 AM

yep, the thread title is wrong and the thread is a bit of a write-off.

GatorDeb 11-06-07 11:34 AM

Thread title is not wrong. I'm watching all three on HD (as opposed to HD-DVD).

And I'm not a he ;)

applesandrice 11-06-07 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb

And I'm not a he ;)

A REAL-LIFE GIRL WHO WATCHES STAR WARS!!! WOW!!! :thumbsup:

GatorDeb 11-06-07 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by applesandrice
A REAL-LIFE GIRL WHO WATCHES STAR WARS!!! WOW!!! :thumbsup:

AND I come with an XBOX 360 :D

The Bus 11-06-07 11:53 AM

Really? A 360 gets me excited too, but not that excited.

HE Pennypacker 11-06-07 12:01 PM

And I come with great looks, a big heart, a solid sense of humor, and a huge checking account. Interested?

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot to mention I live in my parents' basement. Interested anyway?

applesandrice 11-06-07 12:03 PM

My goodness -- you're every fan-boy's dream! Cue the marriage proposals . . .

My own wife came complete with a mod'ed XBox and a healthy admiration for The Trilogy. I couldn't be happier!:)

kefrank 11-06-07 12:32 PM

And I'm not a he ;)

agreed, it's not wrong. people just incorrectly associate this forum with HD DVD and Blu-ray only, when in fact it is, "The place to discuss HD-DVD, Blu-Ray and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV"

chanster 11-06-07 12:38 PM

Wrong again. The Star Wars movies in HD have been discussed before and this thread is nothing but the personal observation of one member about dandruff in the movies. Why is this thread not closed?

True_Story1011 11-06-07 12:47 PM

Wrong again. The Star Wars movies in HD have been discussed before and this thread is nothing but the personal observation of one member about dandruff in the movies. Why is this thread not closed?

Calm down, Dan.

How many threads are on right now with the Walmart, HD vs. BD, Discussions on what new stuff you got, blah, blah, blah...

Let it go...

Not to mention she was just about ready to give out her measurements... rotfl

chanster 11-06-07 12:56 PM

Anybody that calls me Dan gets points in my book!

kefrank 11-06-07 02:53 PM

just for fun, i did a search. unless i searched incorrectly, there has never been a 'Star Wars on HDTV' thread on this forum. the closest was "Movies on HDTV- quality? Toy Story 2 tonight" in which some members discussed seeing Star Wars on HD.

what's wrong with a thread to specifically discuss Star Wars broadcast in HD? i see absolutely nothing wrong with it. i do see something wrong with non-moderators over-policing this forum. (it's not just you chanster - even i get caught up in doing that, but i've learned to see the folly in it).

applesandrice 11-06-07 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by kefrank
just for fun, i did a search. unless i searched incorrectly, there has never been a 'Star Wars on HDTV' thread on this forum. the closest was "Movies on HDTV- quality? Toy Story 2 tonight" in which some members discussed seeing Star Wars on HD.

what's wrong with a thread to specifically discuss Star Wars broadcast in HD? i see absolutely nothing wrong with it. i do see something wrong with non-moderators over-policing this forum. (it's not just you chanster - even i get caught up in doing that, but i've learned to see the folly in it).

Dude! Call him Dan -- he likes it!:)

Here's a link to the original thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=474877

Burnt Thru 11-06-07 04:06 PM

it amuses me to watch internet folk fall over themselves when a girl posts in their predominently male oriented online world. the thread is a dupe of many that have gone before, and has no intrinsic value. the wording of the title is highly likely to mislead readers into thinking these titles are on the way to a highdef format, and as such is wrongly worded.

True_Story1011 11-06-07 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Burnt Thru
it amuses me to watch internet folk fall over themselves when a girl posts in their predominently male oriented online world. the thread is a dupe of many that have gone before, and has no intrinsic value. the wording of the title is highly likely to mislead readers into thinking these titles are on the way to a highdef format, and as such is wrongly worded.

shhhh...

Be quiet!

You'll scare her off! rotfl