DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   HD DVD & Blu-ray Release Announcements 2007-2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/513591-hd-dvd-blu-ray-release-announcements-2007-2008-a.html)

bunkaroo 01-09-08 09:53 AM

Please let Commando be not that far behind.

I will be buying all three matome listed...

Tom Army 01-09-08 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by matome

Sleuth 3/11

always happy to add a Kenneth Branagh to my collection, but I must admit that I didn't see this one, previews looked interesting so I might go for a blind buy

Mr. Cinema 01-09-08 10:40 AM

Predator (Blu-Ray) 4/15

[ah-nuld voice]Good to see you![/ah-nuld voice]

Copper Blue 01-09-08 10:49 AM

New listings at DVDEmpire today:

I, Robot (Blu-Ray) 3/11
Predator (Blu-Ray) 4/15
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead (both) 4/15

Every time I see another Fox catalog title released I get angrier that a hi-def version of The Abyss is nowhere in sight.

matome 01-09-08 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo

Actually both Commando and Predator are coming out in Japan next week, if you're impatient!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B3%E3...d_bxgy_d_img_b

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...JL._AA240_.jpg http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/...9L._AA240_.jpg

Tom Army 01-09-08 11:08 AM

nice cover, simple yet stylish :thumbsup:

True_Story1011 01-09-08 12:23 PM

The real question is - Whats the extra's on this disc?

bunkaroo 01-09-08 12:33 PM

That's what I thought. I'd like to a avoid paying import prices on it if possible, which why I was hoping it would get back on the US schedule sooner than later.

cartman 01-09-08 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011

D-Box theater experience? :lol:

Vipper II 01-09-08 12:45 PM

Please let Predator not look like crap.

depooter 01-09-08 06:48 PM

commando is coming on 4/15 . DVD Empire has it listed with predator (cover art too!)

dgc 01-09-08 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011

The European version was released in December with MPEG2 compression, 25GB single layer disc, DTS HD Master Audio and no extras. I'm guessing we will get the same. Although Fox does release different specs on some R1 releases. Here's hoping we get 50GB avc encode with at least a few extras. Especially since the disc is $40 MSRP.

Gizmo 01-09-08 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by cartman
D-Box theater experience? :lol:

What IS the D-Box anyway? Some chair that rumbles?

PopcornTreeCt 01-10-08 02:16 AM

I noticed this awhile back posted on blu-ray.com:

Title Announcements at High-Def 2.0

Posted December 5, 2007 by Josh

Blu-ray Movies Yesterday at High-Def 2.0, studios announced some upcoming Blu-ray titles. Sony Pictures will bring 'Dogma' to Blu-ray on Februrary 12th and 'Run Lola Run' a week later on February 19th. 'The Guns of the Navarone' and 'A Passage to India' will come soon after, with 'Lawrence of Arabia' and 'Bridge on the River Kwai' later in the year.

Fox announced that they will bring upcoming theatrical titles like 'Juno', 'Hitman', 'Horton Hears a Who' and 'Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium' to Blu-ray, along with many new catalog titles.

Disney confirmed that both 'Finding Nemo' and 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', both due for Spring release, will feature PiP video.

--
I hope we'll see an announcement within the next couple weeks.

Supermallet 01-10-08 02:37 AM

Run Lola Run, Lawrence of Arabia, and Bridge On The River Kwai are mentioned and you're bolding Juno?

Drexl 01-10-08 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by dgc
The European version was released in December with MPEG2 compression, 25GB single layer disc, DTS HD Master Audio and no extras. I'm guessing we will get the same. Although Fox does release different specs on some R1 releases. Here's hoping we get 50GB avc encode with at least a few extras. Especially since the disc is $40 MSRP.

I sure hope they include the extras, because I never got the special edition DVD.

Doughboy 01-10-08 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Run Lola Run, Lawrence of Arabia, and Bridge On The River Kwai are mentioned and you're bolding Juno?

C'mon now. Juno will make for great demo material. ;)

In all seriousness, it's a good sign that Fox is planning to release Juno day-and-date. We're still waiting for Little Miss Sunshine despite that movie's box office and Oscar success.

Hammer99 01-10-08 08:04 AM

:lol:

Finding Nemo in the Spring too! :up:

mdc3000 01-10-08 09:13 AM

Some good Fox titles there. Also, I love Juno (glad it'll get released) but I'm still kind of pissed that a Darjeeling Limited BD isn't in the works - that movie would look great on blu-ray.

JayDerek 01-10-08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
...but I'm still kind of pissed that a Darjeeling Limited BD isn't in the works - that movie would look great on blu-ray.

+1

To me this makes no sense...unless some sort of special edition set is in the works and they're waiting to release the BD w/ that.

PixyJunket 01-10-08 09:42 AM

Finding Nemo in spring?! :banana:

PopcornTreeCt 01-10-08 09:51 AM

I thought we all knew about those titles. Juno was the only one that was actually news to me.

Sparrow 01-10-08 09:58 AM

What an outstanding slate of movies coming to BD. I'm especially looking forward to Finding Nemo and The Chronicles of Narnia, which should be spectacular on BD.

I may not pick up the classics, but knowing my spending habits, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in my collection pending good reviews.

Mr. Cinema 01-10-08 10:02 AM

I thought Finding Nemo wasn't going to be released until Fall. With Wall-E coming out this Summer, I assumed they would wait until that hit BD to release Nemo. Just like they did with Rat and Cars.

PixyJunket 01-10-08 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
I thought Finding Nemo wasn't going to be released until Fall. With Wall-E coming out this Summer, I assumed they would wait until that hit BD to release Nemo. Just like they did with Rat and Cars.

Finding Nemo in spring, Wall-E and The Incredibles in fall. :)

[/wish]