Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone find Blades of Glory on Blu-ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Anyone find Blades of Glory on Blu-ray?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you fake those high bitrates?
Old 09-15-07, 05:45 PM
JIF

Originally Posted by dan30oly
I'm still skeptical.

This guy has had how long to create a phony copy?
Admittedly, I'm no expert and barely know how to burn a cd, but I am sure that if money wasn't an issue and someone was dedicated enough, they could pull off a forgery.

Now, if this video were posted the day after release I'd likely believe it. However, at this point, unless he lets a highly respected neutral party borrow and examine one of his remaining 2 copies (assuming the other one actually sold), I still don't believe that out of everyone in the world looking for this disc he alone finds 3 used copies (all 3 on different days), at a random game store in Canada that still uses hand-written receipts.

Missions (the guy on avs who claims to have the worlds only copies), last posting on this subject was 9/7, why not post this video earlier?.
What has he been doing or working on for the last 8 days???
read post #496

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post11633747
Old 09-16-07, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I skimmed that video because it was long and boring, but it seemed like he again avoided showing the 'settings' menu, which if in fact genuine should have the lossless audio option that the hd dvd does not... that should shut most people up IMO....
Old 09-16-07, 04:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If Paramount made the same disc for both versions, then neither would have had lossless audio.
Old 09-16-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They didn't make the same version though. The back of the blu-ray case lists lossless audio and the poster has mentioned it has that extra audio track, but never shown the menu for it.
Old 09-16-07, 08:17 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
According to Adam's review, the HD DVD was announced with TrueHD, but the final product doesn't have it. Thus, I'd imagine that if the Blu-ray had been released, it also would not have a lossless soundtrack.
Old 09-16-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
If Paramount made the same disc for both versions, then neither would have had lossless audio.
I believe the specs for the BD that I pre-ordered called for LPCM 5.1. Here's a picture I found on AVS from back then, don't think it was photo-chopped but it's on Photobucket, not a more legit source.

Link
Old 09-16-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I skimmed that video because it was long and boring, but it seemed like he again avoided showing the 'settings' menu, which if in fact genuine should have the lossless audio option that the hd dvd does not... that should shut most people up IMO....
I thought the same. The one thing anyone familiar with the disc would have wanted to see was the lossless audio option. It's what makes it different than the HD-DVD. And yet of all the things shown, this was avoided. When you make a video trying to prove something isn't a fake, and you avoid the #1 thing to prove your case, it doesn't look good.
Old 09-16-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
According to Adam's review, the HD DVD was announced with TrueHD, but the final product doesn't have it. Thus, I'd imagine that if the Blu-ray had been released, it also would not have a lossless soundtrack.
It was changed before the release. It was known that the HD DVD would no longer have lossless, but the Blu Ray was still supposed too. It was one of the main reasons I pre-oreder the Blu Ray. It was to have superior audio.
Old 09-16-07, 11:07 AM
JIF

Originally Posted by mdc3000

mdc3000: obviously you're not convinced that the disc is real; otherwise you would not be requesting to see the "settings" menu as well.

So, what are you suggesting, that the demo on YouTube is fraudulent? Even with all that you've seen already?

Your continued skepticism is baffling.
Old 09-16-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Once again, not an expert, but how difficult would it be to piggy-back a signal (thru a PC or otherwise) to display the on-screen bit-rate menu?

I'm still really skeptical that WORLD-WIDE this is the only person who has been able to find a copy. And, on top of that managed to find 3 used copies at a store in Canada that still uses hand-written receipts.
Old 09-16-07, 01:40 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by JIF
mdc3000: obviously you're not convinced that the disc is real; otherwise you would not be requesting to see the "settings" menu as well.

So, what are you suggesting, that the demo on YouTube is fraudulent? Even with all that you've seen already?

Your continued skepticism is baffling.
The thing is, he is the only person to have ever owned this. Not just one copy, not two, but THREE copies. What are the odds of 1 person owning a copy of a movie that no one else has ever seen on retail shelves? Now, what about that same person having 3 copies?
Old 09-16-07, 02:23 PM

He just posted "exhibit B" on youtube showing the audio options screen with 5.1 PCM uncompressed audio as an option.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5JiaJawvU
Old 09-16-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
And, on top of that managed to find 3 used copies at a store in Canada that still uses hand-written receipts.
...although a place that lax sounds as if it'd be the most likely to ignore a studio mandate and sell what they have anyway.
Old 09-16-07, 02:30 PM
JIF

Here's the response to dan30oly's denials. Post #501:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post11639526
Old 09-16-07, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by JIF
Here's the response to dan30oly's denials. Post #501:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post11639526
And, after reviewing both videos again, I am conceding the disc appears to be real.

The events surrounding the disc are really odd, but there it is.
Old 09-16-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm sure if they printed them up then there are more than a few Blades of Glory BR discs out there. The pulled Robocop advance discs will probably be harder to get your hands on ....
Old 09-16-07, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm sure if they printed them up then there are more than a few Blades of Glory BR discs out there. The pulled Robocop advance discs will probably be harder to get your hands on ....
But, that's the other thing. No one has confirmed even seeing any printed copies pulled from retailers. Usually releases are at the store level up to 2 weeks before the release date, the announcement was made only about a week before release. Yet, no one has even been able to confirm seeing these in a warehouse.
Old 09-16-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JIF
Actually, I was convinced earlier over at AVS when you posted the first pics, I just felt that this would be the UNDISPUTED proof for people like wnorris, thanks for posting it. If I had been in TO after you posted about getting it there, I would have stopped in to double check as well!
Old 09-16-07, 03:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
But, that's the other thing. No one has confirmed even seeing any printed copies pulled from retailers. Usually releases are at the store level up to 2 weeks before the release date, the announcement was made only about a week before release. Yet, no one has even been able to confirm seeing these in a warehouse.
That's my problem. Now, if we had reports from various people that they HAD Blu-ray copies in hand, but had to send them back then I might believe that these were real. However not ONE person has actually seen the movie on Blu-ray at any store. That includes people working for Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, Blockbuster etc. Leads me to believe if anything, they were accidently shipped to a random location in Canada and a few made it out...but again, the chances of this happening 3 times to one person is near impossible.
Old 09-16-07, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Walter Sobchak: You want to fake bit rates? I can get you fake bit rates, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get a fake bitrate video by 3 o'clock this afternoon... of Transformers on blu-ray. These fucking amateurs...

(just what came to mind when I saw that post...and I'll repeat, I believe that BoG bd to be real )
Old 09-16-07, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Sadly...I read all 18 pages of the AVS thread. Now I only why I only stick to the DVDTalk forums.
Old 09-16-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
And now that thread is locked...
Old 09-16-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX

Shoot, even ebay doesn't have them. If I can't even trust ebay, who can I trust?
Old 09-17-07, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
I have Blades Of Glory on CED Videodisc!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.