Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Went to Frys today at lunch (not really important, just musings)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After killing 3 margaritas at lunch I decided to hit Frys. Looked longingly at the Donnie Brasco Blu Ray. For those that don't know I am only an HD DVD owner.

Ended up buying Shaun Of The Dead, Big Lebowski, Hustle And Flow, and The Fountain. )along with the S DVDs of Grey Gardens and Beales Of Grey Gardens and also La Jetee)

Met a pretty cool blu ray owner while there and talked about 300. He had just watched it on his PS3 - I am waiting for mine from Amazon. He has nearly 30 discs which I told him is probably not the norm for PS3 owners. Wow! so these blu ray owners arent really the devil. He was a nice guy.

Also he is ready to buy an A2 to watch Universal movies and Batman Begins!

Anyway he left and I noticed two 50+ year old guys browsing Blu Ray. I think i will be a Blu Ray owner pretty soon. Close Encounters soon . . .

Last edited by MBoyd; 08-03-07 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-03-07, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a HD owner at first due to my 360, but my 360 crapped out. And now I am a PS3 owner. BD was one of the big reason I jumped in right now (heck there ain't much game wise). And since I'm a big Pirates fan POTC was #1 on my list of must watch BD movies. So now I have it and am enjoying it. But there are still some HD DVDs that are out which make me wish I had an HD player. Hot Fuzz being #1 on that list right now.

But with 300 and TMNT coming out I'm happy with just my BD player right now. Thought I'd add to your musings there.
Old 08-03-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Yeah, wandering around a retail store trying to walk off the extra buzz can be dangerous for the wallet... been there many times.