Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent in an order on the last day, it was my third so there was nothing I wanted from the selection, but now with these random substitutions I cannot wait to get them in, nothing like a high def surprise
Old 04-04-08, 10:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
If anyone wants a Harry Potter, I'll be glad to trade them for a Charlie and the Choc. Factory or Troy Dir. cut.
Old 04-04-08, 11:25 AM

I am sure this has been posted somewhere in this long thread, and I did look around but didn't see it. Can anyone tell me what the phone number is to call and see about the status of my free movies. I sent off the form around the middle of Feb, and I am sure it is still going to be a while, just curious. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
You guys are bumming me out with all of the replacements they're issuing. I'm glad I'm getting some free flicks, but I'll be pissed if there's no Thing in the package when it arrives.

Originally Posted by bcraig
If anyone wants a Harry Potter, I'll be glad to trade them for a Charlie and the Choc. Factory or Troy Dir. cut.
PM sent.

Originally Posted by Davie50
I am sure this has been posted somewhere in this long thread, and I did look around but didn't see it. Can anyone tell me what the phone number is to call and see about the status of my free movies. I sent off the form around the middle of Feb, and I am sure it is still going to be a while, just curious. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by steebo777; 04-04-08 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-05-08, 01:09 AM

I wouldn't count on it Steebo, unfortunately.

My The Thing was replaced by Pitch Black. Was really disappointed, have never seen The Thing before, especially with everyone talking about it. I am planning on buying it on Ebay pretty soon, and hopefully get a good price.
Old 04-05-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
Shit- I guess "The Thing" is completely out now. All the ones I picked were titles that still sell for more than $10 (except Italian Job, didn't like any of the alternate picks) and ones I don't have on regular DVD. Also didn't want anything that wasn't the theatrical cut. Who knows what I'll get especially since I mailed it the last week it was eligible; just hope at least I don't get any titles I've already bought. If I get Alexander Revisited I'll have to buy the theatrical cut on DVD and watch that first.
Old 04-05-08, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a list of reported substitutions so far. I didn't include the Troy or FMJ upgrades.

Aeon Flux - Babel
Babel
The Italian Job

The Hulk - Streets of Fire
Pitch Black - Streets of Fire
The Thing - Pitch Black, Born on the Fourth of July, Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Swordfish
Full Metal Jacket

Firewall - The Departed
The Frighteners - Doom
U2: Rattle and Hum

Black Rain
Darkman - Red Dragon, Waist Deep, Bulletproof
Troy - Alexander Revisited
Old 04-05-08, 01:04 PM

got mine in the mail today and received

The Italian Job
U2 Rattle & Hum
Monty Python & The Meaning of Life (sub for The Thing)
Full Metal Jacket (new remastered edition)
Alexander Revisited (sub for Troy)

not bad, surprised to have gotten the new Full Metal Jacket
Old 04-05-08, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by markwe
I wouldn't count on it Steebo, unfortunately.

My The Thing was replaced by Pitch Black. Was really disappointed, have never seen The Thing before, especially with everyone talking about it. I am planning on buying it on Ebay pretty soon, and hopefully get a good price.

Just a heads up on The Thing, it's 12.30 on buy.com (through deepdiscount), minus $10 using google checkout makes it only 2.30 and shipping came up as free for me.
Old 04-05-08, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by BustaCones
Just a heads up on The Thing, it's 12.30 on buy.com (through deepdiscount), minus $10 using google checkout makes it only 2.30 and shipping came up as free for me.
Where is this $10 Google checkout coupon? All I can manage to find are the old outdated ones.
Old 04-06-08, 05:57 AM

My 2nd submission for the promotion "Get 5 Free Hd DVDs" arrived on Saturday. I received:

The Italian Job (as requested)
Black Rain (as requested)
The Departed (substituted for Firewall)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (combo format)(sub for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (sub for The Thing)

The Monty Python HD was distributed by Universal, thus the bar code on the back of the HD case was gouged with some kind of cutting tool with damage to the case, plastic, and artwork. All other HD titles/cases were mint.

I have a 3rd "Get 5 Free" offer which was submitted on 2/27. It will be interesting to see what is delivered in the final package. Obviously, no one will receive what they wanted...but then something is better than nothing under these strange circumstances where a format (unfortunately) is already obsolete.
Old 04-07-08, 04:02 PM

Got mine today. At last. Only took them 4 months.

Aeon Flux (as requested)
Alexander Revisited
Born on the Fourth of July
Doom starring The Rock!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix combo disc

so only 1 as requested, and 4 I either already own, or don't care about. If anyone's interested in buying the others rather cheap, or making a trade, send me a message.
Old 04-07-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Still waiting for one "ready to ship" 4 weeks ago. By now I'll end up with titles I already own or don't want. Really takes the shine of the "5 free"
Old 04-07-08, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

still waiting...

So since sending out my order for the 5 free in November,
a friend who sent out his request at the same time from the same general location received his complete,correct order about a month ago. I have called multiple times, been told it has shipped...it hasn't shipped...did you receive the delay card? (no)...it is in processing...it is ready for shipping...it is being processed...wait another week...if it isn't there in a week call and we'll resend it (they didn't, because of course when I called back it was being processed again)...I really couldn't care less about waiting...it's just the fact that people who sent there requests in way after I did seem to be getting their deliveries. I asked what they do about substitutions and they gave me the list of subs...which has already been confirmed multiple times on this thread.

I ordered:
1)BLACK RAIN/they said no subs so far
2)FRIGHTENERS/either DOOM,JARHEAD
3)CHARLIE&CHOC FAC/HARRY POTTER 5,DEPARTED,
BLOOD DIAMOND,
ALEXANDER REVISITED
4)THING/PITCH BLACK,BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY,
WHITE NOISE,
FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH,
MONTY PYTHON'S MEANING OF LIFE
5)BABEL/they said I should have no problem

So anyway, best of luck everybody...
Old 04-07-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Got mine today. Sent 01/05/08

Requested:
Babel
U2: Rattle & Hum
The Thing
Full Metal Jacket
Troy

Received:
Babel
U2: Rattle & Hum
Full Metal Jacket (new version)
Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut
Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life (the only one with a UPC gouge)

Bummed about The Thing, but I'll just buy it...
Old 04-08-08, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine is "still being processed" which is actually a step backwards from the "ready to ship" that I got last month. I'm really not interested in any of these any more. I think I have the ones I want. I hope whatever I get I can trade with someone.
Old 04-08-08, 12:34 PM

got mine (finally) today. Ended up getting Harry Potter substituted for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Of course i already have it...

if anyone is interested in a trade let me know!
Old 04-08-08, 03:40 PM

I got mine today. I got two from my orginal order (The Italian Job & Swordfish.) The substitutes I got were: Doom, The Meaning of Life (Which maybe be good, I haven't seen it in years,) and Alexander. I too am bummed about the Thing.
Old 04-08-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, looks like all of mine will be replaced

Aeon Flux - Babel
The Hulk - Streets of Fire
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Frighteners - Doom
Troy - Alexander Revisited

I already own Babel, Harry Potter is cool, the other 3 are crap. Ugh.
Old 04-08-08, 04:07 PM

Finally!!!!!!!!

Got mine exactly 5mins and 22 secs ago. It came in a huge old fashioned package stuffed with what can only be described a owl pelts.
I can barely remember what I originally ordered december of last year. I think it was;
Aeon Flux
The Frieghteners
Troy Dc
Charlies factory of Chocolate
Pitch black

and what I got was.....
Aeon Flux ok...
Serenity pleasently surprised...
Blood Diamond good movie I was just talking about the other day...
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix???? come on!! well take what you can get eh???
and Doom? Welll it can't be worse in Hd Can it?
I'am just glad the wait is finally over and I wasn't expecting it either i was hoping for a gamefly parcel ^_^
Actually i just found out it is the Harry Potter with Helena Bonham Carter in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Helena Bonham Carter!!!!!!!!
Iam appeased long live HD DVD! lol

Last edited by MAC METAL FACE; 04-08-08 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by MAC METAL FACE
Got mine exactly 5mins and 22 secs ago. It came in a huge old fashioned package stuffed with what can only be described a owl pelts.
I can barely remember what I originally ordered december of last year. I think it was;
Aeon Flux
The Frieghteners
Troy Dc
Charlies factory of Chocolate
Pitch black

and what I got was.....
Aeon Flux ok...
Serenity pleasently surprised...
Blood Diamond good movie I was just talking about the other day...
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix???? come on!! well take what you can get eh???
and Doom? Welll it can't be worse in Hd Can it?
I'am just glad the wait is finally over and I wasn't expecting it either i was hoping for a gamefly parcel ^_^
Actually i just found out it is the Harry Potter with Helena Bonham Carter in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Helena Bonham Carter!!!!!!!!
Iam appeased long live HD DVD! lol
lucky! i want serenity. thats pretty much the last HD disc I want...Though doom could be rough. This is coming from the guy who watched "the rundown" last week though...
Old 04-09-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bcraig
Hey bcraig, I sent a PM about this. Let me know if you're interested in trading.
Old 04-09-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'd think they'd be getting faster with this stuff. The biggest hurdles, Walmart's $99 Friday sale and the holidays, are now behind them. After the bottom dropped in January i would imagine sales came to a screeching hault until the firesales hit in Feb.
Old 04-09-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
It seems like they are clearly out of Troy and The Thing because those two always seem to be substituted based on what's been posted here.

Any others that seem to be completely out of stock?
Old 04-11-08, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Got mine today. Not fucking one thing worthy of keeping. Well, maybe Italian Job. I think I picked that one. Everything else is junk.

Got:

Italian Job
Bulletproof
Doom
Swordfish
Streets of Fire (WTF is this? )

All of them are up for trade/sale if any want them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.