Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
4 months to get the rebate is bullshit. Is there a number to call to check on the status of your rebate? Thanks!
Old 12-14-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
4 months to get the rebate is bullshit. Is there a number to call to check on the status of your rebate? Thanks!
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=240
Old 12-14-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Called 800-405-7520 for status... The rebate submission is in the system (dated 11/13/07), it's waiting for shipping or something.
Old 12-14-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know I'm not even close to getting mine, but I called the help line and talked to a very friendly rep who told me mine has been processing since 11/15, and that it takes 8 to 10 weeks (or longer, based on what I've read here).
Old 12-14-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Finally got mine the other day. Mailed in mid-August.

I think I got one swapped. It's been so long since I ordered I don't remember.
Old 12-14-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its hillarious how people are getting upset over something taking forever to be shipped when they are getting it for free.

I sent out offer via USPS w/DC on Oct. 30th 2007.

Called today to see if they recieved my package and what the status was and it was 'in process', there was no hold music or anything... straight to CSA. GROOVY!
Old 12-14-07, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
I think its hillarious how people are getting upset over something taking forever to be shipped when they are getting it for free.
I largely agree with you, but it is kind of silly that it takes 8-10 weeks to process a submission. The longest part of the process should be verification of requirements. Once that is done, it should be pretty quick.

I just called to check on mine (it's only been 4 weeks). I was on hold for about 2 minutes and got a live rep. The guy even spoke English, amazing. He asked for zip code and last name, verified address info then told me it was 'in process'. He said that there were no issues, otherwise it would be flagged by now. He said it will probably be 4-6 more weeks, although it 'could' ship earlier, now that they are getting caught up.

I very much appreciate having a phone number that connects you to a live person for verification. Short wait time on hold is a bonus. All in all, the Toshiba fulfillment is handled very well. And I have posted how much anger I (still) have with FYE's process.

All that being said, at this point, it is my opinon that my rebate is being held up strictly to makes rebates less desirable. I can not think of any economic benefit to taking 4-6 weeks more to ship my disks than shipping them today. After verification, I am fairly confident that the data is transmitted to the shipping facility. Even via bulk rate shipping, 2 weeks is fairly common. So backdating it, they are not shipping my disks for another 2-4 weeks.

I think the volume they are handling can warrant at least a weekly batch process. It seems that they are only doing it monthly, if even that. It is free, but the slow processing time is not justified, other than to decrease the redemption rate. Even if it only deters 5%, that's a big number for them.

A lot (too many) of people base their buying decision on the rebates offered. I used to do this, but after my (minor, really) issues with FYE, I will no longer do so. Even this rebate was not a tipping point for me, just a really nice bonus (I got the HD-A2 for $99 at WalMart) The reason they are offered is as an extra incentive to buy, but then are treated as if they are not part of the decision once the purchase was made.

Last edited by cbearnm; 12-14-07 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-14-07, 01:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I got a letter today (well my neighbor did) from Toshiba stating:

And it goes on about complying and all that.

Well, I looked at the form I sent and it says purchases between 10/1/07 - 2/28/08 and my receipt that I sent them says 11/2/07.

Anyone know who I can call about this because this is complete BS.

Edit: I figured out the problem... While I circled the price on the receipt, I forgot to do the same for the date. Grrr. Guess I'll send it in again.
same thing happened to me, im gonna send it back in as well. im not gonna get screwed out of 5 free hd dvds.
Old 12-14-07, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally got mine in the mail. Everything was sealed and all the UPCs were intact. The back of the Seabiscuit case has two medium sized gashes on it, but other then that they are all perfect.
Old 12-14-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally received mine today as well (shipped on 12/6).

Sent my rebate in on 8/19 so it took almost 4 months.

Apollo 13 & The Rundown had pretty good size gashes through the UPC while U-571 had a smaller gash.
Old 12-14-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sent in mine late August. Got my 5 free yesterday. Sealed and no gashes.
Old 12-15-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Low RG
Apollo 13 & The Rundown had pretty good size gashes through the UPC while U-571 had a smaller gash.
Can't help much with your cover art, but you can get replacement cases pretty cheaply...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=61

Last edited by kenbuzz; 12-15-07 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-15-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Can't help much with your cover art, but you can get replacement cases pretty cheaply...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=61
Thanks Kenbuzz,
Great minds think alike! I actually purchased some replacement cases back in August anticipating that the DVD's might show up in this condition based on the information in these forums. Gotta love the DVD-Talk community for keeping us in the know.

Too bad they can't shorten the waiting period a little bit! Four months was a little extreme!
Old 12-15-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do they need to do a background check to verify the requirements? Everything they need should be right in front of them when they open the envelope. If all the informartion is "verified" then grab a copy of each selected movie, slap em in a box, affix mailing label and send the shit out. Why does this have to be so hard? It's not like we can return the dvd player with a box missing the upc code.
Old 12-15-07, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I noticed my Seabiscuit HD-DVD had a gash through the UPC. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I read horror stories on here about how the whole case was screwed up. Seriously, the gash is nothing.
Old 12-15-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do they need to do a background check to verify the requirements? Everything they need should be right in front of them when they open the envelope. If all the informartion is "verified" then grab a copy of each selected movie, slap em in a box, affix mailing label and send the shit out. Why does this have to be so hard? It's not like we can return the dvd player with a box missing the upc code.
Ha, I don't think their process is that refined.
Old 12-15-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Ha, I don't think their process is that refined.
Well, then ship or get off the pot!
Old 12-15-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, then ship or get off the pot!

I agree with you, but this is corporate America (close enough) we are talking about here, would you expect any less?
Old 12-15-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with you, but this is corporate America (close enough) we are talking about here, would you expect any less?
I know. I was just hoping to get a few more movies in to watch over Christmas break.
Old 12-15-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know. I was just hoping to get a few more movies in to watch over Christmas break.

Yea I hear ya. I am hoping I will get my 5 free blu-ray soon, but isn't looking likely.
Old 12-15-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got my order form back today. It said my receipt was outside the date of the offer. My receipt was for 11/04/07 so that is well within. The only thing I can guess is the fact I used the newer form with TMNT and I bought it at Best Buy which still shows the older offer.

Guess I will send it in again with the old movie offer.

Edit: Found the posts from other people this happened to. Guess the newer form was only for Sears.
Old 12-16-07, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I got a letter today (well my neighbor did) from Toshiba stating:

And it goes on about complying and all that.

Well, I looked at the form I sent and it says purchases between 10/1/07 - 2/28/08 and my receipt that I sent them says 11/2/07.

Anyone know who I can call about this because this is complete BS.

Edit: I figured out the problem... While I circled the price on the receipt, I forgot to do the same for the date. Grrr. Guess I'll send it in again.

This is looking like a new trend as i got the exact same letter and i HAD circled the date properly.I always follow the directions in rebate offers PRECISELY and my submission was and still is perfect.This has never happened to me before and i have submitted hundreds of rebates.I bought from Crutchfield and the rebate is good from 10-1-07 until 2-28-08 with my circled receipt from 11-02-07.So now we have to resend everything and wait another 6 weeks for these numbnuts to reconcider???
Old 12-16-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I had also circled the date and followed all instructions. I think the offer with TMNT was only for Sears. I have checked the rebates on the main HD DVD site and Best Buy and they still show the older movie selections.
Old 12-16-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
I had also circled the date and followed all instructions. I think the offer with TMNT was only for Sears. I have checked the rebates on the main HD DVD site and Best Buy and they still show the older movie selections.
Dangit, that might be it... Oh well. Guess I'll be getting it back AGAIN.

Edit: What's the link for the older one?

Edit 2: Found it (http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/pdf/rebates/13780.pdf). This one should work, right? Only reason I ask is I gave an A2 to my sister yesterday but gave her that newer form so I want to make sure.

Last edited by TheMovieman; 12-16-07 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-16-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With it being Corp. America your lucky its free...

I know I'm greatful, thats why I dont make a big deal about waiting awhile for $120 in free HD's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.