DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/506878-got-my-5-toshiba-rebate-hd-dvds-today.html)

gimmepilotwings 08-21-07 10:09 AM

Got that stupid card yesterday.

Cameron 08-21-07 10:20 AM

i talked to a lady about getting my constantine and casablanca swapped, and she made it sound like no problem...

Jericho 08-21-07 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jericho
Same card, same ship date. I sent my rebate in over 2 months ago, so at least they're letting me know something. Although I doubt it takes that long to get HD DVDs back in stock

and on 8/20 my movies arrived. So the card essentially was wrong too.

Mr. Cinema 08-21-07 12:33 PM

Neither my Chronicles of Riddick or U-571 HD DVDs were mangled by Universal. They cut a small strip through the UPC, but that's it. No destroyed cases.

bunkaroo 08-21-07 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Neither my Chronicles of Riddick or U-571 HD DVDs were mangled by Universal. They cut a small strip through the UPC, but that's it. No destroyed cases.

Sounds like they got the message. Congrats on your good luck!

Living Dead 08-22-07 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema

I just got my movies today... sent in around the beginning iof June. Mine had the same small slits, but my Rundown DVD was destroyed. Not only did they cuth throught the artwork, they actually ripped the plastic covering from the DVD csae itself and nearly tore the artwork in half. I'll be calling now, because this is completely unaccpetable, even if it was free.

PopcornTreeCt 08-22-07 03:38 PM

Anyone have better luck with the 360 Rebate? I was wondering if the turnaround time was the same as Toshiba.

GreenMonkey 08-22-07 06:24 PM

My wife tells me I got the card in the mail about the delay, but I never saw it because she tossed it....

namja 08-27-07 01:05 PM

I just got my 5 HD DVDs last week. It took 5 stinking months!!!

Draven 08-27-07 01:34 PM

I got the "do you want to cancel?" card a few weeks ago too with a suggested shipping date of 9/15.

I too got a chuckle out of it. Like I'm going to say "Yeah, it's been too long to wait for my free movies. I'm taking my free movie business elsewhere. I cannot wait any longer for Dukes of Hazzard in HD, I must go to the store and purchase it toot sweet."

naitram 09-04-07 02:54 PM

Woohoo, got my 5 free today, sent in the beginning of June. I only had one Universal title Apollo 13, but it was in perfect shape like the rest of them, no UPC fudging at all.

Most of the titles I could take or leave, but my waiting for Casablanca finally paid off. -biggrin-

John Sinnott 09-06-07 07:19 AM

My discs arrived yesterday. The two Universal titles had a scratch on the UPC. I received:

Seabisuit (already had Apollo 13)
Casablanca (easiest choice in the lot)
Tomb Raider (Four Brothers is the best movie in this section, but I have it on Blu-ray. This was the lesser of two evils)
Blazing Saddles (edged out U2 by a nose)
U-571 (it's not a great movie, but I have a thing for subs)

Space_Monkey 09-06-07 07:29 AM

Finally got mine yesterday as well.
Apollo 13
Casablanca
Four Brothers
The Rundown
The Perfect Storm

Only The Rundown had the slashed case.

Edited to add: Mailed in Rebate the first week of June.

Th0r S1mpson 09-06-07 07:46 AM

Only 10 weeks? Maybe they are speeding things up now from the 14 it took mine. Oh well, I forgot about it in a week. :)

Subgeniusguy 09-06-07 08:28 AM

Sent my rebate in today. Guess I'll get a surprise around X-mas.

steebo777 09-06-07 09:48 AM

Got mine last week a couple days after the post card about being delayed. Apollo 13, Blazin Saddles, Casablanca, Sky Captain and U-571. The Universal ones had the obligitory slashes on the UPC but everything else was perfect.

durden007 09-06-07 11:38 PM

Nice choices! I also got Apollo 13, Blazing Saddles, Casablanca, Sky Captain and U-571 today. I sent mine in mid-June. Same deal, Universal titles Apollo 13 and U-571 have a nasty gash through the box, plastic, and barcode. It's like they just stabbed the thing at random with a boxcutter or something. Oh well, the discs are ok.

steebo777 09-07-07 08:10 AM

Forgot to mention I sent mine in late June.

DJ_Longfellow 09-07-07 08:26 AM

Hmmm, hopefully I get mine in a few weeks. I sent mine in July I believe....I'm in no hurry, will be a nice surprise IF they arrive. The Blu-Ray arrived pretty quickly.

Wolf359 09-07-07 11:58 AM

Can anyone tell me if you need the actual form printed or can I just write out the information? My printer is down. Thanks.

MrChaos 09-07-07 12:15 PM

Does anyone know if there is a website where you can track the status of your order akin to the Blu-Ray tracking website?

I sent my 2 rebates in at the beginning of July. I called about 2 weeks ago and she said they should be here within 3 weeks, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

cgray 09-07-07 03:29 PM

I got in on the Amazon A2 deal, and it arrived today. Going to send in my rebate in the next couple days. I have Casablanca and the others that I want, so I would just like to sell the 5 that I get free. Therefore, I'd like to get the best condition DVD's -- no UPC slashing, burning, branding, etc.

What are five "safe" DVDs to pick that I can sell. Just the non-Universal ones? Which ones are those? Thanks in advance!

Sweet Baby James 09-07-07 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cgray

What are five "safe" DVDs to pick that I can sell. Just the non-Universal ones? Which ones are those? Thanks in advance!

You're going to be stuck with at least one Universal. The first group that you must make your first selection from are all Universal titles(Apollo 13, Seabiscuit and Chronicles of Riddick).

Gizmo 09-08-07 11:02 AM

I sent my 1st rebate out in July...nothing yet.

I still have a 360 one to send out but will have put my parents address on it because it won't allow more then 1 person in the same household to use the rebate.

tonymontana313 09-08-07 11:05 AM

I wish Universal would just holepunch the UPC instead of gutting the cover and case.