Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Got my 5 Toshiba Rebate HD-DVDs Today

Old 03-28-08, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not receive mine... but called today and they said that they shipped out yesterday... I asked if they substituted any of my batch and they said no... I was kinda hoping to get the Harry Potter instead of the Charlie & Chocolate Factory but oh well...
Old 03-28-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
So... since I mailed mine in a few weeks ago, I'm guessing that I'm going to be waiting awhile and I'll wind up getting 5 copies of Firewall.
Old 03-28-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My second batch was ready to be shipped about 3 weeks ago and still haven't seen them. But I already have the titles I'm interested in. So I'll take my 5 copies of Firewall thta I'll end up with and me and Goldberg can offer a qualtity discount on eBay
Old 03-29-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
I wonder if they just will randomly give us HD DVDs if they run out of the "offered" ones. Best Buy already packed up hundreds of thousands of discs to go back...maybe we will get a grab bag of movies? I still have 2 UPCs I am waiting on, and another about to go into the mail.
Old 03-29-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
Just called on the offer I shipped on 1/20. "Still processing." Good to hear at least they have my info.
Old 03-29-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If that's the case I'm sure they'll send me the ones I just bought.
Old 03-30-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just mailing off for another one today... Cutting it close to the deadline. They better not close that PO box early! Wish I had bought Star Trek TOS though. I'm jealous of everyone getting the phaser remote...
Old 03-31-08, 01:49 PM

I received mine today. I asked for Italian Job, The Thing, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, U2 Rattle and Hum and Troy. I received Italian Job, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and U2, as well as Alexander Revisited and Born on the Fourth of July. Somebody likes Oliver Stone, I guess.
Old 03-31-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Still waiting since early November. The good news is, I spoke to a customer service rep today, who told me the shipment was mailed on March 12th, so I should have it in a week or two. Unfortunately, they sent it to my old address, even through I called to confirm the address change back in December. So it looks like I'll probably get two shipments...or none.
Old 03-31-08, 04:33 PM

Submitted a rebate form today (for xbox addon player bought last October). Can you tell how much interest I had in the available movie choices???

Who knows if I'll actually get anything at all. I'm treating this as a $0.41 experiment.

Last edited by bretski; 03-31-08 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 04:49 PM

Got my 5 freebies in the mail today - I mailed my form out a few days before Christmas, so it took about 13 weeks to show up. Got:

The Italian Job
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
The Frighteners
Streets Of Fire -> was supposed to be Hulk (disappointing, but it is a cult movie I've never seen)
Red Dragon -> was supposed to be Darkman (not a good trade at all, yuck)

OF course, Hulk and Darkman are easily bought, they're both $12.30 at DeepDiscount if I want them bad enough.

Got a little slip of paper in the mailer saying, 'thanks for participating, but some of your titles were no longer available.... ' blah blah.

Three of the UPCs were slashed, looks like they took a soldering iron to the case. Italian Job & Charlie came out unscathed.
Old 03-31-08, 08:53 PM

Well I ordered:

Frighteners
The Thing
Darkman
Full Metal Jacket
Babel

And I got:

Frighteners (Slashed)
Full Metal Jacket
Babel
Red Dragon (Slashed)
Pitch Black (Slashed)

I'm pretty upset about not getting the thing, haven't seen it in a long time and was looking forward to seeing it in HD. I have absolutely no use for pitch black, of course that upc is slashed.

*EDIT* I sent mine in mid-january, pretty good turn around.
Old 03-31-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bretski
Submitted a rebate form today (for xbox addon player bought last October). Can you tell how much interest I had in the available movie choices???

Who knows if I'll actually get anything at all. I'm treating this as a $0.41 experiment.
haha same. sent mine off yesterday.
Old 04-01-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone care to speculate how come they have run out of some titles and are replacing them with different titles? Shouldn't there be tens/hundreds of thousands of copies floating about that they would have access to?
Old 04-01-08, 04:01 PM

Hopefully, someone will host a community screening for those people who received Harry Potter 5 in place of something else. (In my case, 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,' which I didn't particulary like anyway. Maybe I'll enjoy the Harry Potter movie; I've never seen more than a few minutes of any of them.)
Old 04-01-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by polarize
Got my 5 freebies in the mail today - I mailed my form out a few days before Christmas, so it took about 13 weeks to show up. Got:

Streets Of Fire -> was supposed to be Hulk (disappointing, but it is a cult movie I've never seen)
Streets of Fire is much better than Hulk (and I'm one of the few who thought Hulk wasn't that bad). Streets of Fire is one of my favorite "fun" movies of all time.

I'm still waiting for mine. Mailed in mid-January.
Old 04-01-08, 08:51 PM

This sucks, and it's so inconsistant. The two things I hoped for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the posibility of Troy being the directors cut. I got Harry Potter instead, which I already own, and the standard copy of Troy. This whole HD experience has been a screw job since I got it as a gift for Christmas. Love the player, hate the continuous screwing of the customer. With all the copies Best Buy sent back, they should have ample to at least fullfill our orders.
Old 04-01-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received mine today after sending the request around 01/04.

Requested:
Italian Job
Pitch Black
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Firewall
Troy

Received:
Italian Job
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Departed (already own on BD)
Alexander Revisited (don't care for)
Streets of Fire (doesn't look like my kind of movie, and the only one that had a slashed UPC)
Old 04-02-08, 08:06 AM

wow - just got mine and also got substitutes... including a few I haven't heard anyone getting! only got 2 I ordered... and 3 subs...

subs were:

Red Dragon (with major slash on bar code)
The Departed
Waist Deep (with minor slash on bar code)

oh well - I'll keep a few & ebay the others
Old 04-02-08, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Sent mine in first week of January, and haven't received anything yet.

I'm getting a little nervous about the choice of substitutions I'm seeing (Waist Deep, Streets of Fire), but I guess if I get The Thing I'll be happy. That's the only one I wanted.
Old 04-02-08, 08:36 AM

Well received mine yesterday. Got 3 substitutions
Doom, Monty Python and the Meaning of Life and Alexander the Final Cut.
These replaced The Thing ( which I wanted the most), Troy, and The Frighteners
The replacement titles suck. If anyone is interested in trading who has duplicates of something, anything, let me know.
Thanks
Old 04-02-08, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
I'm getting a little nervous about the choice of substitutions I'm seeing (Waist Deep, Streets of Fire), but I guess if I get The Thing I'll be happy. That's the only one I wanted.
Same here! I got 'Pitch Black' instead.

My package from Toshiba arrived yesterday. My package from Amazon (with 'The Thing') arrives tomorrow.
Old 04-02-08, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bcraig
This sucks, and it's so inconsistant. ... With all the copies Best Buy sent back, they should have ample to at least fullfill our orders.
This logic doesn't really make sense as
      Old 04-02-08, 09:20 AM
      DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone who applied for the Canadian rebate get substitutions as well? I finally got around to mailing mine in (along with the Blu-ray rebate) about 6 weeks ago ... maybe I should start calling the numbers to find out my status ...

Of my selections, I actually wanted all of them, except for Aeon Flux that is. At least I hope I get my copies of The Frighteners and Pitch Black.

Last edited by Yavin; 04-02-08 at 09:23 AM.
      Old 04-02-08, 10:03 AM
      DVD Talk Hero

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
      Waist Deep They are really stretching it. I have no doubt they will fill all of these rebates, even after HD DVDs death, but we are going to get a grab bag of crap.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.