Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Samsung BD-P1000 will not play certain movies. Help.

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 06-23-07, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new Samsung BD-P1000 will not play The Presige or PotC. While the other movies have worked fine. These two will not even load. All I get is the colored balls counting down, it ejects, and says disc is not playable.
Is this a firmware issue? I ordered that disc a couple monthes ago. I dont think I will ever get it. Tried downloading it and burning it, but it would never load properly onto the player.
Any help would be appreceiated
Old 06-23-07, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you've never upgraded the firmware on your BDP-1000, then yes it is the issue. Many fixes and upgrades have been applied with the firmware releases. I have the BDP-1000 and both of those discs played fine for me.

As far as burning the FW to disc, you can't just take the downloaded zip or ISO files and burn that onto a CD. The ISO file is a CD image that needs to be extracted and that is what gets burned on to the CD. Here is the procedure I grabbed from HTF.

INTRODUCTION:

This manual describes the S/W update procedure for BD-P1000. Please follow the below procedure. If you have any problems during S/W updating, please contact the Samsung Service Call Center.

HOW TO MAKE AN UPDATE CD

Burn the downloaded file onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc, following the below procedures:

1) Download the software update file from the Samsung internet site
2) If the update file is compressed (*.zip/rar), the file should be uncompressed before burning.
3) You must burn the update file on a blank CD-R/W disc by using the "Burn image" option. (Ref. "Recorder" menu>"Burn Image" if you're using Nero Burning ROM)
4) Burn the image file of the software update file (*.iso)

If you don't have Nero you can get a freeware ISO burning program here with full instructions: http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

NOTICE:

> Recommended CD burning program
- Nero Burning ROM
> Burning options (if using Nero)
- "Recorder" menu>"Burn Image">select an uncompressed image file of the software update file (*.iso)
- Please check "Finalize CD (No further writing possible)"
- Please refer to your own CD burning program manual if you want to use any other CD burning program for burning the ISO image file.
> Make sure the downloaded software is eligible for your BD-P1000 (e.g. CD image file name: XXXXXX_XX_BDP1000XAA.iso)
> The software update will not be executed if using an update CD which is not made with the above procedures.

UPDATE PROCEDURE:

WARNING
IMPORTANT: Please read the below notice before updating your unit.

The following events may interrupt the update process and MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DAMAGE TO THE UNIT WHILE UPDATING.

a) Unplugging the power cord
b) Power Outage
c) Dirt or scratches on the disc
d) Opening the disc tray during processing.

PROCEDURE

1) Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray
2) Insert the update CD with the software update, label facing up
3) Press OPEN/CLOSE to close the disc tray.
- View the monitor and after checking the old and new version numbers select "Yes" or "No" with "" on the remote control. If you select "No", the BD-P1000 will be powered off after ejecting the tray.
* The version is indicated by "YYMMDD xx"
* If you don't see the message above, try another disc. Generally this is caused by disc quality or a disc creating problem.
4) Press the ENTER button on the remote control
- You will see "CD-UP" on the FLT display
- TV screen displays "Main F/W Update, now processing, please do not turn off the power.
5) It takes about 14-15 minutes to complete the update. The message "Main F/W has been updated successfully." will be displayed on the screen after the update is complete and the tray will open automatically. Do not turn the unit off, it will shutdown automatically.

* If the "Main F/W has been updated successfully" message does not appear on the screen after 16 minutes and the unit is no longer functioning properly, contact a Samsung Authorized Service Center.

6) After removing the update disc (make sure the unit has powered off automatically), turn on the unit with the Power button. The display will show the Menu Languages within a few seconds. Select the language you want with a corresponding number button.
The flash update is now completed.
Old 06-23-07, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much!