DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Definitive list of HD and BluRay exclusive bonus discs (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/503681-definitive-list-hd-bluray-exclusive-bonus-discs.html)

Trevor 06-15-07 12:34 PM

Definitive list of HD and BluRay exclusive bonus discs

Blu Ray List

titles available only at Best Buy:

Alvin and the Chipmunks - plush set

Justin Timberlake: Live - exclusive to Best Buy (until ?)

NIN Live: Beside You in Time (Blu Ray Sampler) - 5 videos

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - bonus SD disc

Spider-Man 3 Exclusive Blu-Ray Bonus Disc - 3 SM3 previews, sneak peek at the making of Spider-Man 3, experience Blu-Ray disc preview, SM and SM2 Blu-Ray preview

titles available only at Circuit City:

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - same SD bonus DVD as the SD release

titles available only at WalMart:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind - same soundtrack CD as in SD release

HD DVD List

titles available only at Best Buy:

South Park "Good Times With Weapons" - dual DVD/HD with title episode

NIN Live: Beside You in Time (HD DVD Sampler) - 5 videos

Descent - ?

Beowulf - trading cards on pack

Trevor 07-16-07 09:26 AM

Placeholder for possible future expansion.

Trevor 08-20-07 01:44 PM

Trevor 09-20-07 10:20 PM

Michael Corvin 09-21-07 09:07 AM

Haven't seen any. Decent idea for a thread though.

wewantflair 09-21-07 03:46 PM

There is a German CSI:NY bonus disc.

Trevor 11-05-07 10:25 AM

Monthly bump.

Did I hear something about a bonus disc at BB for Descent?

DthRdrX 11-05-07 02:07 PM

Trevor, I can confirm that Circuit City ran a bonus disc in the packaging with Fantastic Four: ROTSS.

Trevor 11-05-07 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Trevor, I can confirm that Circuit City ran a bonus disc in the packaging with Fantastic Four: ROTSS.

Thanks! I think I read that it was the exact same disc that was in the SD version, so therefore a SD disc. Is that right as far as you know?

Gizmo 11-05-07 02:28 PM

No other BR/HD disc besides the one in the OP.

DthRdrX 11-05-07 02:30 PM

No idea whats on it lol. They only had 1 copy and I didn't buy it. There is one on Ebay but I had to search Google to find it.

PhantomStranger 11-05-07 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thanks! I think I read that it was the exact same disc that was in the SD version, so therefore a SD disc. Is that right as far as you know?

I can confirm that a bonus disc was included with FF4:ROSS at Circuit City inside the actual Blu-ray packaging. It was only a dvd though and apparently the same one that was included with the standard dvd release of the movie at Circuit City. Still better than nothing, as many stores have been neglecting high definition releases with these types of bonuses.

Supermallet 11-05-07 08:11 PM

Trevor, there's no need to bump the thread unless you have something specific to post.

Trevor 11-05-07 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Trevor, there's no need to bump the thread unless you have something specific to post.

Well, I bump it because I'm not into HD as much as SD, and would likely miss most exclusives. Bumping it has successfully reminded others to add the last few titles for us.

Trevor 01-09-08 11:35 PM

Updated. Now with a "winner" I imagine we'll start to see more of these.

Peep 01-10-08 02:18 PM

Well, it isn't a "bonus" disc, but it is a Best Buy Blu-ray exclusive:

Best Buy to Offer Exclusive 'Justin Timberlake: Live' Blu-ray

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/

Streets January 29th.

SMARTASS8 01-15-08 06:34 PM

I wonder how long before the Target/Best Buy/Walmart exclusives stop coming with DVDs and hook their wagons to Blu-ray? Now that it's almost 100% Blu-ray won the format war, I might not be so tempted to buy a DVD with a store exclusive anymore. Half the time I buy a DVD these days, it's because of some store freebie DVD that comes with it.

cardaway 01-15-08 07:29 PM

I was going through my bonus discs to see if the bonus disc features were included on the Blu-Ray and it would appear the recent Best Buy POTC:AWE bonus disc is actually a true bonus disc for the Blu-ray version and well as the SD version. That explains why the promotion said you could get the bonus with either the SDVD or BD.

And for the record, I found each of the features from the BB bonus discs for the first two movies on the BD version.

Trevor 03-08-08 04:24 PM

Updated.

SMARTASS8 03-21-08 08:26 PM

I have a few questions about the Blu-ray Bonus Discs.

1) How long ago was the Best Buy/disc released(I've been trying Ebay, but haven't found it)

2) Did the Circuit City/Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer Bonus Disc come packaged with or inside of the Blu-ray plastic case? Also, did it have a sleeve, or was it sleeveless like the regular Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer Blu-ray release?

3) Was the CD packaged with or inside of the Walmart/Close Encounters Blu-ray box?

Thanks!

Trevor 03-22-08 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by SMARTASS8
I have a few questions about the Blu-ray Bonus Discs.

1) How long ago was the Best Buy/disc released(I've been trying Ebay, but haven't found it)

2) Did the Circuit City/Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer Bonus Disc come packaged with or inside of the Blu-ray plastic case? Also, did it have a sleeve, or was it sleeveless like the regular Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer Blu-ray release?

3) Was the CD packaged with or inside of the Walmart/Close Encounters Blu-ray box?

Thanks!

1 - Which BB disc?

2 - Inside the case. In a sleeve iirc.

3 - Inside, sleeve.

SMARTASS8 03-22-08 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
1 - Which BB disc?

2 - Inside the case. In a sleeve iirc.

3 - Inside, sleeve.

Sorry, I left out the word Spider-Man in Question 1. I meant the Spider-Man 3 Preview Sampler Disc from Best Buy.

I also wasn't clear when I said "sleeve" in Question 2. I meant the cardboard slipcover that most DVDs come with and only very few Blu-ray come with(Spider-Man 3, Pirates Of The Caribbean 1,2,3, and all Pixar movies are the only big releases that have one that I can think of). I know that the regular Fantastic Four 2 Blu-ray release doesn't come with a slipcover, but I was wondering if the Circuit City version with the bonus disc came with one.

Thanks again!

Trevor 03-23-08 06:30 AM

The BB Spiderman preview BluRay was at least a year ago. I've seen it on ebay from time to time. I have an extra available for trade.

Not sure about the slipcover thing, as I don't buy many BluRays yet, but I heard that the bonus SD DVD came in a white sleeve inside the case just like the SD set.

BSTNFAN 03-23-08 08:29 AM

The CC F4:SS had a sticker on the front announcing the bonus disc, but it did not have a slip cover on the one I bought.

SMARTASS8 03-23-08 05:03 PM

Thanks guys!