DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   HD-A2 for $199.99 at Crutchfield (deal dead) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/503102-hd-a2-%24199-99-crutchfield-deal-dead.html)

TheKobra 06-10-07 11:01 AM

HD-A2 for $199.99 at Crutchfield (deal dead)
 
This is not a price mistake (i believe). I was over at crutchfield this morning and found it HERE So those who missed out on the Amazon $233.00 its time to jump in!

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 11:13 AM

I have had my A2 for all of two days and I have already overpaid $27.:lol: I'm going to order this(Crutchfield is a very reputable dealer) anyway and I'll consider returning my first one to Amazon. Thanks for the heads-up!

Josh Z 06-10-07 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I have had my A2 for all of two days and I have already overpaid $27.:lol: I'm going to order this(Crutchfield is a very reputable dealer) anyway and I'll consider returning my first one to Amazon. Thanks for the heads-up!

Is $27 really worth that hassle? Remember that you're going to have to pay for postage to return it to Amazon if it's not defective.

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by Josh Z
Is $27 really worth that hassle? Remember that you're going to have to pay for postage to return it to Amazon if it's not defective.

Oh, it'll be defective if I return it to Amazon.;) I'll probalby keep the one that I already have and give the Crutchfield one as a gift.

Hammer99 06-10-07 11:34 AM


Originally Posted by Josh Z
Is $27 really worth that hassle? Remember that you're going to have to pay for postage to return it to Amazon if it's not defective.

That is such a great point. I try not to buy anything high-end on-line even if I have to pay quite a bit more for it, just because shipping back defective product + waiting for it to return is such a royal pain IMO. It KILLED me last year to buy my projector, screen, and 20g PS3 thru the Net cause I couldn't find them local... first time I've ever done that, been lucky so far (knock on wood).

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 11:38 AM


Originally Posted by Hammer99
That is such a great point. I try not to buy anything high-end on-line even if I have to pay quite a bit more for it, just because shipping back defective product + waiting for it to return is such a royal pain IMO. It KILLED me last year to buy my projector, screen, and 20g PS3 thru the Net cause I couldn't find them local... first time I've ever done that, been lucky so far (knock on wood).

I would typically agree. However, Amazon is great regarding returns(that's why I bought the A2 from them in the first place). They will pay for return shipping if the product is defective and they are very prompt about issuing refunds. I received a defective 27" Sony Wega from them about 7 years ago and the return process couldn't have gone any smoother.

chrisih8u 06-10-07 11:40 AM

Temporarily out of stock.

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 11:56 AM

PA145 will give you free shipping. It's supposed to be for AMEX cards, but I think that it will work with any credit card.

JackBurton 06-10-07 11:58 AM


Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Temporarily out of stock.

ETA: 6/26/2007

Excellent price on this. Plus the 5 free discs makes this very tempting. Although I already have the 360 add on and I'm really holding out for one that has 5.1 outputs for an upgrade.

broadwayblue 06-10-07 12:11 PM

Great deal indeed. I was just coming to post the deal here but I see Kobra beat me by an hour. At this price I'm thinking about buying a couple for gifts...My amazon order for $237.88 just got delivered two days ago.

Just Lurking 06-10-07 12:48 PM

Well its been a great weekend. I bought 65Hm167 for $1499 at nfm.com on Saturday to be delivered 06/23. Now I can move 34xbr800 and Hd-a1 into the bedrooom with this deal. Only sad thing is that Crutchfield says unknown shipment date instead of JackBurton's 06/26 date.

Seriously, what is up with Crutchfield. I would have expected $799 MSRP with discounted $499 everyday price.

Off to decide on my 5 free movies.

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 12:53 PM

Anyone that is thinking about jumping into the HD-DVD pool, this is a no-brainer. Crutchfield is very reliable and they offer a risk free 30 day in-home audition. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, they will give you a full refund if you return it within 30 days. They will even pay for return shipping(even if it's not defective) and there are no restocking fees.:up:

Paul Arnette 06-10-07 01:56 PM

Hmmm. I am seriously considering adding this player to our family room setup, as we're in the market for an upconverting DVD player for the 720p plasma there anyway. Sucks that I get charged sales tax, but $220.98 is still a good deal, I take it?

Lord Rick 06-10-07 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Hmmm. I am seriously considering adding this player to our family room setup, as we're in the market for an upconverting DVD player for the 720p plasma there anyway. Sucks that I get charged sales tax, but $220.98 is still a good deal, I take it?

Don't forget:

"PA145 will give you free shipping. It's supposed to be for AMEX cards, but I think that it will work with any credit card."

68ShelbyGT500KR 06-10-07 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by Lord Rick
Don't forget:

"PA145 will give you free shipping. It's supposed to be for AMEX cards, but I think that it will work with any credit card."

I tested both my Visa and MC and the code works.

Also, If you use a Citi Card that uses the Citi Bonus Cash Center, use that link instead of directly to Crutchfield.com. This is worth 3% Cash Back (~$6.00).

FW also offers 3% cash back.

davidlynchfan 06-10-07 03:37 PM

I remember paying $470.00 for this puppy back in December. :lol:

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 04:39 PM


Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
I remember paying $470.00 for this puppy back in December. :lol:

I applaud your good attitude. Most people would have gone with :mad: instead of :lol:.

fryinpan1 06-10-07 04:48 PM

I paid $450 for the HD-A2 back in December. Even though I could have saved a few hundred dollars by waiting, I do not regret the purchase one bit. Enjoying upconverted DVDs and HD DVDs for an extra six months has been worth it to me.

Paul Arnette 06-10-07 05:33 PM


Don't forget:

"PA145 will give you free shipping. It's supposed to be for AMEX cards, but I think that it will work with any credit card."
Thanks, Lord Rick. I totally forgot about that. It isn't just for AMEX cards according to a coupon site I found online. Fortunately, Crutchfield's has about the greatest customer service on Earth, and it was a breeze getting the coupon applied retroactively.

Thanks again.

Just Lurking 06-10-07 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
I tested both my Visa and MC and the code works.

Also, If you use a Citi Card that uses the Citi Bonus Cash Center, use that link instead of directly to Crutchfield.com. This is worth 3% Cash Back (~$6.00).

FW also offers 3% cash back.


If your MyPoints user, they give 2 points per dollar spent.

Lord Rick 06-10-07 06:19 PM


Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Thanks, Lord Rick. I totally forgot about that. It isn't just for AMEX cards according to a coupon site I found online. Fortunately, Crutchfield's has about the greatest customer service on Earth, and it was a breeze getting the coupon applied retroactively.

Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Hey, I was just quoting Sweet Baby James' post from earlier in the thread. I wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on that info. Glad you got in on the deal!

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 06:26 PM

Thanks for the shout out, Lord Rick! I just got it for $192.97 shipped. I ordered it for $199.99 and got a two pack of AA batteries for $1.99 to push the order over $200. I then used a referral code from some kind soul at FW(actually, he'll get a $20 credit off of his next order for the referral) which takes $20 off of the total. Unfortunately, it wouldn't let me combine it with the free shipping(I tried), so I have to pay the $10.99 shipping fee. I know that prices are dropping, but for under $200 for a quality player with 5 HD-DVDs to boot is pretty damn sweet.

DrPrimo 06-10-07 06:48 PM

Anybody have a referral code they want to share?

Shazam 06-10-07 06:49 PM

Jebus Christ. Where's a border runner when I need one?

Sweet Baby James 06-10-07 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by DrPrimo
Anybody have a referral code they want to share?

YGM!:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.