DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Eternal Sunshine Availability (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/499859-eternal-sunshine-availability.html)

toxie321 05-06-07 02:10 PM

Eternal Sunshine Availability

Does anyone know of any stores that carry this HD DVD? I have looked and called all over and for some reason it looks like Best Buy doesn't carry it and Circuit City has it on back order. Has anyone seen this in a certain store?

Gizmo 05-06-07 02:23 PM

Never seen it. Looked at BB, CC, Fry's...

John Galt 05-06-07 02:30 PM

Got mine from DVDPlanet. Pretty sure I saw it at the local BB as well.

Josh Z 05-06-07 02:55 PM

Best Buy doesn't seem to have it in stores, but you can order from their web site.

Adam Tyner 05-06-07 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Best Buy doesn't seem to have it in stores

They're pretty lousy about carrying HD DVD catalog titles in general. Circuit City is a little more reliable, but I've practically given up on buying anything but day/date releases in stores.

CKMorpheus 05-06-07 10:49 PM

I know most Virgin Megastores carry most all HD titles, I've seen titles there I haven't seen anywhere else. Eternal Sunshine, The Game, etc.

dizzlle01 05-07-07 01:32 AM

While browsing the blu ray section, i peeked at the hd dvd section and saw it there. I think it was either 19.99 or 24.99.

Brewc 05-07-07 05:57 AM

I'd like to trade for a copy if someone's intrested, no local store carrying it.

Overpar 05-07-07 06:25 AM

Got mine at Amazon.com. Best deal is probably there at $18.

FantasticVSDoom 05-07-07 07:45 AM

I havent seen it in any of the Bestbuys here in NYC...

JChaos 05-07-07 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
They're pretty lousy about carrying HD DVD catalog titles in general. Circuit City is a little more reliable, but I've practically given up on buying anything but day/date releases in stores.

I work at Best Buy in the Media Dept and have noticed this as well. Pretty much every title on Universal's giant slate of catalog HD-DVD releases this summer is an online only SKU for us which is very disappointing. I asked corporate about this, and the response was that they think the next gen formats are very important, but they are focusing on new release titles and most catalog titles will not be carried in the store. Maybe if enough customers call or email and complain then they'll start to carry some in the store.

For anyone in the Boston area, Newbury Comics has been carrying all the recent catalog releases so far, and at great prices too! I got Eternal Sunshine there and it was less than a dollar more than deepdiscount had it for.

exm 05-07-07 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by toxie321
Does anyone know of any stores that carry this HD DVD? I have looked and called all over and for some reason it looks like Best Buy doesn't carry it and Circuit City has it on back order. Has anyone seen this in a certain store?

Why don't you buy it online? Usually cheaper, no sales tax.

DVD Josh 05-07-07 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Brewc
I'd like to trade for a copy if someone's intrested, no local store carrying it.

What do you have for trade? I'm looking for a copy of WTC for starters.

Brewc 05-07-07 08:50 PM

Josh I have these 3 for trade.

Babel
Hollywoodland
The Getaway

Arpeggi 05-07-07 09:19 PM

Just buy it online.

Gdrlv 05-07-07 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I know most Virgin Megastores carry most all HD titles, I've seen titles there I haven't seen anywhere else. Eternal Sunshine, The Game, etc.

Fry's is generally pretty good for this as well...and they're a hell of a lot cheaper than the Megastore. The Fry's near me did not have Eternal Sunshine the last time I was there though (but I did pick up District B13 on Blu-ray).

Paul Arnette 05-08-07 08:41 AM

I recently saw that this film made Entertainment Weekly's The Sci-Fi 25 list, so I was intrigued. A couple days later I saw this thread and was reminded that this HD DVD is already out. So, I went to Amazon, ordered the HD DVD for $17.95 (with grandfathered HD 10% discount) plus 'free' Prime 2-Day shipping, and voila!

In case any is interested in the aforementioned list:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2003...037541,00.html

toxie321 05-08-07 08:08 PM

What's the code for the coupon?

toxie321 05-08-07 08:32 PM

I entered one code and it said it was expired. Also are there any other ways to get the free shipping?