DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Just got my HD DVD Newsletter! Matrix May 22nd! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/499637-just-got-my-hd-dvd-newsletter-matrix-may-22nd.html)

The Edit King 05-03-07 04:43 PM

Just got my HD DVD Newsletter! Matrix May 22nd!

For those who don't get their Newsletter, HERE IT IS!:

"Hard to believe it's been a year since the first HD DVD players and movie titles were made available to eager consumers. Ah, how quickly they grow up.

To celebrate, we announced last week that more than 100,000 dedicated HD DVD consumer electronics players have been sold in the United States — ahead of, ahem, the other high-definition format. Keep in mind that this doesn't include sales of HD DVD PC drives or sales of the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player — just the nifty devices that fit into your home theater cabinet. And by the time you read this, we'll have reached another milestone, with the one millionth HD DVD movie sold. Happy birthday indeed.

Ok, you ask, but what exactly does that mean?

Well, it means people are buying HD DVD players to watch movies. Seriously. Not because they want a game console, or because that newfangled PC has a drive included — it's because they've seen (or heard about) the quality of HD DVD and they want one of their own.

Stay with us here. We know there's been a lot of talk about "volume". Total volume of players, total volume of single title movies sold in a one-week period, expected volume of high-definition movie sales over the next 25 years, expected volume of movie sales pro-rated-against-every-Kevin-Bacon-movie ... in short, too much talk about volume.

Why THIS 100,000 volume number matters is because of its statistical simplicity. When you buy a dedicated HD DVD player, you're buying it to perform a single function. For the studios, you're the best customer — a true movie lover. And that's why the "attachment rate" for HD DVD movies to HD DVD players continues to trend much higher for the format over, ahem, you know who.

So you are happy because you just bought Smokin' Aces or put in your preorder for The Ultimate Matrix Trilogy, and the studios are happy because they don't have to guess if you'll buy a video game instead of a movie. See how that works?

If you don't like birthdays, maybe you like low prices. In case you hadn't noticed, Toshiba lowered the price on ALL of their HD DVD players in April. The lowest price is $399!

All that 1080 video, 7.1 surround sound goodness for a lower price. One of the benefits of HD DVD is inherent manufacturing efficiencies, which, translated into English, means "easier and cheaper to make over time."

We're gathering you like the new prices, from looking at Amazon.com and other retail trackers. Amazon's list of top DVD sellers has had Toshiba's HD DVD players in the top ten for many weeks now. And that's compared to $69 DVD players! You'll be hard-pressed to find another high-definition player in the top ten.

Get 5 free HD DVDs when you buy any Toshiba HD DVD player.

North America HD DVD Promotional Group, Inc. 10 Universal City Plaza, 33rd floor. Universal City, CA 91608."

Ph8te 05-03-07 04:54 PM

????? Matrix was announced many moons ago........ :)

EDIT: NM as I am sure you were aware of this, this was more the announcement of the Newsletter sorry......