Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

need help with HD-DVD Player(s) & Sanyo Projector PLV-Z4 question

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 04-26-07, 10:10 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Sanyo z4 projector (720p) on a 120 inch screen and I am using an hdmi conection on a Toshiba A2 and I also have a Xbox360 Hd-dvd add-on runing through a Sony reciever with a hdmi output that outputs to my projector via a hdmi cable (add on is still a component cable) that is supposed to upconvert thru the receiver. My question is obviously I dont need 2 HD-DVD players so which one should I keep and which one should I sell? The A2 upconverts ofcourse but with the 720p display on such a large screen I cant say I see a major improvement in upconversion. The HD add on is a great player for HD-DVD's and regular dvds but no upconversion. I would have to say the difference in veiwing is minor to me, unless I have the settings on the projector wrong, I know the newer tvs/projectors have some special kind of scaler that is supposed to help picture quality on sdvds and don't know how this projector rates in that department. I am fairly new to all this High def stuff and really could use everyones help.

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Old 04-27-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
I'd keep the A2. The Xbox 360 add-on has audio problems and no HDMI output.