DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Free Best Buy Spiderman 3 sampler Blu-ray with BD disc purchase (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/498918-free-best-buy-spiderman-3-sampler-blu-ray-bd-disc-purchase.html)

matome 04-25-07 08:39 AM

Free Best Buy Spiderman 3 sampler Blu-ray with BD disc purchase

Speedy1961 posted this in his weekly Best Buy ad post for next week (starting Sunday 5/1) for those interested:

Get a Free Blu-Ray Sampler when you buy ANY Blu-Ray Disc // Sampler disc includes 3 Spider-man 3 trailers, a sneak peek at the making of Spider-Man 3, a experience Blu-Ray disc preview and more // Minimum 10 samplers per store // No rain checks // Blu-Ray title and sampler disc must be purchased on the same receipt
I'm assuming this content will be in hi-def.

mdc3000 04-25-07 08:50 AM

A guy over at AVS already got a few (the lucky bastard) and it has a bunch of Spider-man 3 trailers, a making of, Spider-man 1/2 blu-ray trailer and the 'coming soon to blu-ray' trailer, all in 1080p with Uncompressed pcm - and it comes in an official blu-ray case.

I really hope Canadian best buy gets a few of these babies...but i doubt it.

matome 04-25-07 08:59 AM

Thanks for the info. That's cool about the blu-ray case, I was expecting the usual cheese CD cover sleeve. I've been holding off on Young Guns so I may pick that up to get this disc.

Supermallet 04-25-07 01:01 PM

I'd buy that for a dollar.

rexinnih 04-26-07 08:49 AM

Sweet. Nice HD preview!

matome 04-26-07 09:36 AM

Looks like a lot of people have this already and apparently they scan up for free if you bring them up to the counter.

http://www.absolutc.com/pics/sm-br1.jpg

http://www.absolutc.com/pics/sm-br2.jpg

Supermallet 04-26-07 10:20 AM

Sweet.

candyrocket786 04-26-07 10:35 AM

Going to stop by my nearest BB to check this out.

matome 04-26-07 11:11 AM

Neither of my BB's had them out. Then again they never, ever put anything out early, so I should've known. It would be nice to get it free too, since I don't really "need" any new titles.

whotony 04-26-07 10:24 PM

Here is the sku, 8338827
the number was needed for me today for the csr to figure out what it was because since it wasnt out on the shelf it didnt exist.

someone finally went in back to grab one for me and also put a handful on the shelf.

cranberries fan 04-27-07 12:06 AM

Will this play in a reg-dvd player?

Supermallet 04-27-07 12:10 AM

No, it's a Blu-ray disc. It will only play in a Blu-ray player or PS3.

cranberries fan 04-27-07 12:12 AM

That sucks,thanks Suprmallet.

UncleGramps 04-27-07 12:42 PM

Didn't see it at the two Best Buys near me. I've got all the Blu-ray movies that I want already - do you think they'll let people "buy" the sampler without the purchase of a Blu-ray movie?

matome 04-27-07 12:50 PM

Apparently, people have been bringing them up to the registers by themselves and they ring up as $0.00, so they walk out with them for free.

The Edit King 04-27-07 03:32 PM

Just a while ago, I came back from my neighborhood Best Buy and I spoke to a couple guys working in the DVD area, and even a cashier that I know has been there for a long time, and they all said they've never heard of it!

jackson walker 04-27-07 04:43 PM

The nice guys at my Best Buy went into the back when we couldn't find it, and came out and gave it to me.

whotony 04-27-07 04:44 PM

thats why you have to say " i have the sku, could you look it up."
post #10

i picked one up the other day wothout buying br disc

The Edit King 04-27-07 07:55 PM

Thanks, matome & whotony! :up: & :up:

I took you're advice and wrote down the sku number, got in the car, and sped like a BAT OUTTA HELL, back to BB!

I saw a DVD guy there that I see on a regular basis (that must have been on a break or whatnot when I first went earlier today) that was talking to a Manager, and when I asked them about it they both said, "Not until Sunday.", and I said, "What?", and they took turns telling me that they can't give them out until Sunday.

Not satisfied with that answer, I lingered around, and asked another BB guy about it, and he said, "Can't give them out until Sunday.", and I thought, "Well, this SUCKS!". -rolleyes-

When the Manager Babe finally walked away, I went back to that first DVD guy and asked him more about why I had to wait until Sunday, and that I've got pals on the Internet that said the Best Buy they went to gave them one, and he said, "I don't know, and I'm sorry, but it's this stores policy and we can't give them out until Sunday."

But then, he must have seen the tears forming in the corners of my eyes (that I simply couldn't hold back any longer), and he said, "Oh, give me that sku number and let's see what it says in the system!", and we walked over to one of those PC island/station things.

He typed in the sku number and said, "...ummm...that's funny...", and I said, "What? What's funny?", and he said, "It says here, "On floor, 4/24", and it's the 27th!", and I said, "It sure is!", and he said, "Let me go check in the back.", and I said, "Now that sounds more like it!"

I was standing around the back of the store for a few minutes, when all of a sudden, the doors to the storeroom SWUNG OPEN, and when I looked at his hands, he had one Blu-ray disc case and it had a thick blue rubber band wrapped around it!

It was a Spidy sampler! :up:

Once again, all was well with the world, and I said, "Oh, man, Thank you", and he said, "Don't mention it!", and went on to ask, "You are buying a Blu-ray title, right?', and I said, "I sure am!", and he said, "Because that's a requirement of the offer", and I said, "That's fine with me because I wanted 'Deja Vu' anyway.", and he took it, and wrapped the blue rubber band around both of them and said, "Here ya go!", and I said, "Thanks again, man. I really appreciate your help!"

...and so, that was that!

Here's a picture of it with that Spider-man/Blue-Blu-ray rubberband, and if you look closely, you'll notice that Spidy is getting ready to FLICK that, 'Fresh Cashew' (from THIS thread), at evildoers! I put it there so you'll know that the story is true and that the disc is really all mine, Mine, MINE!!! (BTW: The medicine bottle in the upper right corner of the picture (with the cotton in it) is where I stash the cashew for safe keeping for when I sell it on ebay to a real nut for $10,000. :lol: ):

http://shutter14.pictures.aol.com/da...Dcq07t0300.jpg

Thanks again for all of your help, Everybuddy! :up:

-THEEK! :eek:

The Monkees 04-28-07 03:23 PM

I'd like to check that out but there really isn't too much I want on Blu-Ray right now, plus I don't really have the money to buy another Blu-Ray right now anyway.

whotony 04-28-07 03:39 PM

hummph, i didnt get a rubberband.

The Edit King 04-28-07 04:11 PM

:lol:

Why not be the first to bid on it?

I'm gonna auction that sucker with the cashew on ebay, and both with NO RESERVE!!!

Because you helped me with the sku number information and all, I'll email you when I get ready to post it!

Here's a CLOSE UP picture of it to make everyone jealous!:

(...so close, you can almost SMELL IT! :lol: )

http://shutter11.pictures.aol.com/da...kAqh2x0300.jpg

( :lol: )

-Paul

darkside 04-28-07 05:51 PM

Tried to get one today, but they said no dice. Release date is tomorrow.

matome 04-28-07 05:55 PM

That rubberband is cool! :)

jackson walker 04-28-07 08:55 PM

After watching my copy a few times, I think the main reason for this disc to exist is to announce that Spiderman 2 (and certainly 3) will be coming out on Blu-ray before Christmas. I swear I cannot find anything about Spiderman 1 coming out in Blu-ray, but maybe I missed it.