Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are there any firmware upgrades for the 360 HD-DVD drive available yet?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 02-22-07, 09:34 PM

I heard something a month or so ago about a possible firmware update to resolve some of the sound output issues, but has any new information or tentative dates been announced?
Old 02-22-07, 11:34 PM

There was an update in dec or jan. Supposedly just improved compatibility. Amir, the 360 HD-DVD insider over at AVSforum said that the next firmware update is early to mid march and will include DTS output, improved audio and compatiblity.
Old 02-23-07, 01:21 AM

Hopefully they pump up the audio. I have to crank my volume every time I play an HD-DVD.
Old 02-23-07, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe the audio fix has been ready since December, but they decided to wait and add it in with the large Spring dashboard update, which they have been testing.
Old 02-23-07, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Jon Kenobi
There was an update in dec or jan. Supposedly just improved compatibility. Amir, the 360 HD-DVD insider over at AVSforum said that the next firmware update is early to mid march and will include DTS output, improved audio and compatiblity.

Are these updates automatically downloaded when you log into Xbox live? I didn't see any option to download an update.
Old 02-23-07, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
Are these updates automatically downloaded when you log into Xbox live? I didn't see any option to download an update.
If you have live and stick an HD-DVD in and you haven't dled the update, you will get a message to update. You might have already done it and not noticed as it was avaible awhile back now. Just like the game updates that prompt you about updates.
Old 02-23-07, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Jon Kenobi
If you have live and stick an HD-DVD in and you haven't dled the update, you will get a message to update. You might have already done it and not noticed as it was avaible awhile back now. Just like the game updates that prompt you about updates.
I haven't had any prompts with any of my hd-dvds, so I guess I already dowloaded it. Thanks.