DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Do you rent SD-DVD's from Netflix? (HD owners) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/493348-do-you-rent-sd-dvds-netflix-hd-owners.html)

dvdsteve2000 02-22-07 04:13 PM

Do you rent SD-DVD's from Netflix? (HD owners)

I've only been a Netflix subscriber for about a month, and I have rented around 20 movies, all BR or HD DVD. My wife added about 7 SD movies to the Queue, but every time they get near the top, I bump them down a couple pegs. I figure once we see all the HD discs we want, then we can start working on some SD's.

Do you mix SD's in with your HD's?

digitalfreaknyc 02-22-07 04:16 PM

Yes. They're after the HD ones, though.

XavierMike 02-22-07 04:29 PM

There intermixed. Whatever I feel like watching at the time.

bunkaroo 02-22-07 04:35 PM

Depends.

I did rent Flags of Our Fathers, since even though I want to own it, there was no point in buying it when an HD disc is pretty likely.

Edison 02-23-07 12:08 AM

No. I can rent all the SD discs I want here in town.

Noonan 02-23-07 07:24 AM

I have a mix but it's mostly HD/BD discs at this point. I'm in the middle of getting season 1 of Rome. No way I was going to spend the $89 that it costs to buy.

MrChaos 02-23-07 07:29 AM

Mostly just TV shows, which are the only SD DVD releases worth watching IMO. If the film I want to see isn't out on BD/HD I can play the waiting game.

MBoyd 02-23-07 09:45 AM

Sure. Most of the stuff I want to watch isn't on HD. I have 350 movies in my queue. Maybe 5 are HD DVDs right now.

FantasticVSDoom 02-23-07 11:29 AM

All I have in my queue is HD discs...As soon as I get through them I will cancel. I dont know, everything I have wanted to see Ive already seen and if not Ill just get on PPV.

Blake 02-23-07 11:32 AM

Just depends what I want to watch. I mainly use Netflix for the movies I don't really think are worth a purchase but I still want to see.

DJ_Longfellow 02-23-07 11:43 AM

All the HD/BD discs I want are at the top...but since most are long wait (Blockbuster.com) I have others mixed in.....kinda sucks though, as Blockbuster ships the movie that is closest to you. So, if a HD movie says Available, but SD movie is closer, I get that.

bdshort 02-24-07 01:03 AM

My queue has SD and BD titles intermixed, just depends on what I want to see.

DVDKrayzie 02-27-07 01:19 AM

i ONLY rent SD-DVDs. I actually refused to rent since DVDs came out (because blockbuster screwed me over back in the VHS days pretty bad) but now that I don't want to buy SD-DVDs (except TV shows) all new releases that don't get put out in BR or HD just get rented.I use blockbuster though because I like their all access plan so I can go in there and get double the movies if I want to and a free game.