DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Mulholland Drive HD DVD in the US? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/491829-mulholland-drive-hd-dvd-us.html)

Arpeggi 02-07-07 12:06 PM

Mulholland Drive HD DVD in the US?

Anyone heard anything about the release of Mulholland Drive in the US? It's coming out in Europe in early March and I don't know if I should wait for the US release or import it.

Ian Whitcombe 02-07-07 01:22 PM

Well, for one thing, any US release of this movie is likely not to have chapter stops (per Lynch's request). I also believe that the Studio Canal release will have a number of exclusive extras.

It's up to you if these things matter or not.

Arpeggi 02-07-07 01:31 PM

All that matters to me is PQ, AQ and $$$

digitalfreaknyc 02-07-07 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Whitcombe
I also believe that the Studio Canal release will have a number of exclusive extras.

Where did you get that from? I was under the impression that none of the SC releases would have extras.

Rusty James 02-07-07 02:36 PM

This movie never had worthwhile extras in any region, just some presskit-type interviews, but that's about it.

Supermallet 02-07-07 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Where did you get that from? I was under the impression that none of the SC releases would have extras.

I haven't heard of any special features, either. Also, don't the SC discs suffer from audio speedup?

digitalfreaknyc 02-07-07 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I haven't heard of any special features, either. Also, don't the SC discs suffer from audio speedup?

not all.

Arpeggi 02-07-07 09:47 PM

Only those who used a PAL master.

digitalfreaknyc 02-07-07 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Only those who used a PAL master.

Actually, no. That's not the case.

Josh-da-man 02-08-07 01:10 AM

I'll get an HD-DVD player if there's finally an uncensored crotch-shot in the lesbian lovin' scene.

Ralph Jenkins 02-08-07 06:28 AM

If the "crotch shot" is still blurred, won't the blurring be more noticable in HD?

Oliver Clothesoff 02-08-07 07:01 AM

It shouldn't be noticeable at all if you have your TV properly set-up.

dkny75 02-08-07 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet

It's no an audio speedup problem, it's just a audio pitch problem and it's not on all the Studio Canal releases. Personally the pitch problem wasn't noticable to me until I started reading about it on these online fourms. That being said, it still doesn't sound like an issue to my ears.

I wouldn't expect any extras from Studio Canal unless they do a complete 180.

Josh Z 02-08-07 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'll get an HD-DVD player if there's finally an uncensored crotch-shot in the lesbian lovin' scene.

That scene is censored in every home video edition of the movie across the globe. The blurring should only be visible if you crank your brightness up way beyond rational settings.