Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Clerks 2 won't play on my Xbox 360

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 01-15-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought Clerks 2 on HD. I put it into my 360 add-on and a screen comes up saying that I can't play the movie because of the settings on the player. All of my settings on my 360 are "allow everything" but there are no settings for the add-on. This doesn't happen with any other movie I have.
Old 01-15-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMMIT. I held out so long for this, even knowing the Weinstein discs were having problems. Mine should be here Thurs/Fri from Amazon, I hope it works with the A1.
Old 01-15-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bought mine Friday when I got the add-on itself and it played fine. No problems what so ever, the audio is really muted, but apparently that is more an issue with the 360 add-on itself.

I just bought Clerks 2 on HD. I put it into my 360 add-on and a screen comes up saying that I can't play the movie because of the settings on the player. All of my settings on my 360 are "allow everything" but there are no settings for the add-on. This doesn't happen with any other movie I have.
As far as this goes, I had the same warning, but all I done was login my default Xbox Live account and it played. Are you trying to play it before the login in (ignore question, if you have one setting and auto-login).
Old 01-15-07, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bravesmg
DAMMIT. I held out so long for this, even knowing the Weinstein discs were having problems. Mine should be here Thurs/Fri from Amazon, I hope it works with the A1.
Relax. It works fine.
Old 01-16-07, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rusty James
Relax. It works fine.

That doesn't answer my question. I just need some help with getting this disc to work.
Old 01-16-07, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
That doesn't answer my question. I just need some help with getting this disc to work.
Take it back to get another disc. You may have a bad disc. Mine works fine without any problems on my 360 Ad-on.
Old 01-16-07, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Rusty James wasn't talking to you.

He was telling bravesmg that there are no known pressing issues with the disc. As MaNiaC suggests, take it back - Clerks II HD DVD works fine on my x360.
Old 01-16-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Phew....hopefully mine works fine since it should be here soon from DVDEmpire.
Old 01-16-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
I got mine Saturday and I did have one instance of a brief pause right when the "donkey truck" is pulling up to Mooby's. It reminded me of a not so graceful layer change on a standard DVD, but this is the first time I've seen something like that on HD-DVD. It is reproducable every time, and the first time it happened the audio actually dropped out.

I'll be interested to hear how it does on the G2 machines. My copy of Slevin played fine BTW.
Old 01-16-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm getting mine today. Hopefully I'll be okay. Are you connected to Live? I think it did an update when I installed it. Anyone know when they're going to patch the audio problems?
Old 01-16-07, 08:58 AM
Banned

i was going to go in and grab it when i go to work today.
does anyone know if best buy got em in today?
we're usually pretty shitty when it comes to HD-DVDs.
Old 01-16-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm doing in-store pickup for Clerks & Mummy Returns at Best Buy. I did it last week for Crank too. You can do it for preorders shortly after midnight. They are pretty bad with HD-DVD & BluRay new releases. They were out of Crank when I went to pick up mine already. In-store pickup before the store opens is definitely the way to go. They send the "ready to pickup" email before the store even opens.
Old 01-16-07, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rusty James
Relax. It works fine.
It could work fine, but I'm still avoiding some of the first Weinstein releases that were buggy. It's discouraging to hear that it could be a possibility with these releases.
Old 01-16-07, 01:31 PM

This will be the third time I have taken it back. Is there anything else that I can do?
Old 01-16-07, 02:24 PM

I would try it on another player, one if store if you don't know someone who has one. If it works I would assume you need to replace the add on.

Also as someone stated connect to xbox live as some hd dvds require a update to play, this happened when I inserted King Kong.

Good luck
Old 01-16-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got it & had some problems. Both discs just gave me black screens when they loaded. I ejected them & put them back in & both discs worked when I put them in the second time. Disc 2 flashed what looked like an error message saying the disc couldn't play because of internet settings, but then played anyway. Disc 1 flashed a message saying it wouldn't play because of parental settings, but then played anyway. so there is something weird going on with this disc.
Old 01-16-07, 03:25 PM

hmm this is getting me worried i was going to pick this up. Does anyone have probs playing this on a stand alone hd dvd player ?
Old 01-16-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by jas722
hmm this is getting me worried i was going to pick this up. Does anyone have probs playing this on a stand alone hd dvd player ?
Mine just had one bried pause, very similar to a layer change around the 1:03:00 mark. It happens every time at the same spot. Not sure if it is actually a layer change, but if it is it's the first one I've noticed while playing an HD-DVD.

I have an HD-A1.
Old 01-16-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've noticed layer changes on 50GB BluRays. My PS3 was freezing on them until they did the last update. So it may be a layer change, I think it's a 30GB.
Old 01-16-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Mine just had one bried pause, very similar to a layer change around the 1:03:00 mark. It happens every time at the same spot. Not sure if it is actually a layer change, but if it is it's the first one I've noticed while playing an HD-DVD.

I have an HD-A1.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's more than likely a layer change.
Old 01-16-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,059 Likes on 691 Posts
My HD DVD stuttered and sputtered a couple times during the movie. First time anything like that bad has happened since the last firmware upgrade.

Peter Bracke is out of his mind if he thinks the extras on this set are 1080p, incidentally.
Old 01-17-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No problems on mine, but there is a definite layer change when the donkey truck pulls up...
Old 01-17-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts
The parental controls poped up briefly when I first put it in. For like 2 seconds.
Old 01-18-07, 06:37 PM
Banned

i just got this today. second copy.
i'm using the 360 add-on, btw.

anyways.
put it in.
and i get a message about parental controls.
this sticks around for 2-3 seconds.
then the screen gets REALLY glitchy, and pixellated.
i figured the dvd player froze.
i get up to restart it, and it goes to the main menu.

from there, VERY SLOWLY, i might add, i go to turn on english subtitles.
i start the movie with the introduction.
the subtitles are about 2 seconds delayed.
outstanding.

kevin smith gets to the part about calling his friends, and the dvd player completely freezes.
i let it sit for a minute, no dice.

i restart the dvd player, and go straight to the movie.
the delay is sickening, and the subtitles match up, until when randal makes the LOTR nerd puke.

2 second delay. again.

i don't wanna go back and get a third one.
i can't return it completely.
should i try to sell it, or keep it?

i mean, could this shit be fixed via firmware updates or what the fuck happens now?
i'm sorry for pottymouth of the year 2007, but i'm REALLY unhappy.

this was my number one most-looked-forward to HD-DVD title, and now that i have it and two copies havent worked..

yea there's gonna be hell to pay.
god damn it, weinsteins.
Old 01-18-07, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by im_ryandick
yea there's gonna be hell to pay.
god damn it, weinsteins.
...should we warn them you're coming?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.