Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

American Dreamz on HD-DVD?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know. I'm the one person that saw/liked this one.

Thing is, I want to pick this one up on Tuesday, but I will hold off if Universal has an HD version in the works. Anyone hear of an upcoming HD release of this title? You, Me, and Dupree gets a day and date HD release, why has Universal neglected American Dreamz?
Old 10-14-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Nothing's been announced.

As far as I can tell, American Dreamz is the only Universal title to not get a day/date release since 9/26. The full list of their day/date releases are Slither, Accepted, The Break-Up, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, You, Me, and Dupree, Waist Deep, and Miami Vice.

Admittedly, American Dreamz was the lowest-grossing of all of those, not that that necessarily means anything. Slither only grossed $700K more domestically, but maybe Universal thinks it'll do well on video, especially this close to Halloween.