Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

BATMAN BEGINS Oct. 10th!

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

BATMAN BEGINS Oct. 10th!

Old 09-14-06, 09:54 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flashburn
We don't even know if there will be a TrueHD track.
Sorry. I thought I read in one of the threads here that it would have a TrueHD track. My bad.

Originally Posted by Vipper II
It appears that the debacle with certain Paramount titles, which still hasn't been fixed, is causing Amazon to be a lot more cautious with some preorders
What happened?
Old 09-14-06, 10:23 PM
  #27  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
What happened?
Some Paramount titles have already been released but still are not available from Amazon.

The list includes:

Aeon Flux
Four Brothers
We Were Soldiers
The Italian Job
The Manchurian Candidate
U2: Rattle & Hum
Troy (the only Warner title with this problem)
Old 09-14-06, 10:25 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,581
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Vipper II
It appears that the debacle with certain Paramount titles, which still hasn't been fixed, is causing Amazon to be a lot more cautious with some preorders; they're posting them very close to the release date. Hell, 12 Monkeys and The Thing have been available just about every place else for a month now, and they're still MIA on Amazon.
I think we should all voice our feedback in the Product's Forum:

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-HD-DVD/dp...647919?ie=UTF8
Old 09-14-06, 11:05 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fataldog187
Some Paramount titles have already been released but still are not available from Amazon.

The list includes:

Aeon Flux
Four Brothers
We Were Soldiers
The Italian Job
The Manchurian Candidate
U2: Rattle & Hum
Troy (the only Warner title with this problem)
I was aware only of Troy and had hoped it was only a temporary setback. I didn't know the problem was bigger than that. I may as make my orders someplace else. Any other online sites with prices as good as Amazon?
Old 09-14-06, 11:13 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,914
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by flashburn
We don't even know if there will be a TrueHD track.
I'm pretty sure Cjplay said it would have TrueHD.
Old 09-15-06, 12:36 AM
  #31  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cjplay said something to the effect of "I'd get fired if Batman Begins didn't have a TrueHD track on it."
Old 09-15-06, 12:40 AM
  #32  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,914
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Cjplay said something to the effect of "I'd get fired if Batman Begins didn't have a TrueHD track on it."
Ahh, that sounds like it.
Old 09-15-06, 05:09 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,687
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Cjplay said something to the effect of "I'd get fired if Batman Begins didn't have a TrueHD track on it."
Actually he said he would get fired if he didn't leave enough room for a TrueHD track. Probably means the same thing in the end.
Old 09-15-06, 07:03 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,029
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to buy the A1.

Batman Begins is one of my favorite movies ever, and it was going to be the 'killer app' needed to get into HD-DVD. Plus, the Superman set as well.

Alright!
Old 09-15-06, 10:52 AM
  #35  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 5280
Posts: 3,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait for Batman Begins!
Old 09-15-06, 11:30 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,189
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I think we should all voice our feedback in the Product's Forum:

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-HD-DVD/dp...647919?ie=UTF8
Look at it now. I posted a review that might be a better way to get Amazon's attention.

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-HD-DVD/dp...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 09-15-06, 01:20 PM
  #37  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Docking Bay 94
Posts: 14,259
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Time to buy the A1.
Congrats! Amazon has it for $399.99 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Actually about $6 less than that if you get the A9 discount. Plus the 10% off HD purchases for a year.

Probably the best $393.xx you'll ever spend.
Old 09-15-06, 03:54 PM
  #38  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 15,957
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Look at it now. I posted a review that might be a better way to get Amazon's attention.

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-HD-DVD/dp...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Or it might be more fuel for BD-fanboys. I would have suggested just emailing amazon rather than making a big to-do about it but to each his own.
Old 09-15-06, 04:33 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,581
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Or it might be more fuel for BD-fanboys. I would have suggested just emailing amazon rather than making a big to-do about it but to each his own.
I'm done e-mailing those Amazon bastards. All they're going to send me is the same goddamn response and tell me to submit an alert request.

However, I do find it very strange the BD-fans haven't experienced the same issue.
Old 09-15-06, 05:09 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,189
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Or it might be more fuel for BD-fanboys. I would have suggested just emailing amazon rather than making a big to-do about it but to each his own.

I've emailed, I've called, etc. No good. They are available elsewhere, so all it does is show that Amazon sucks in this department.
Old 09-15-06, 10:57 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 16,050
Likes: 0
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
I'm done e-mailing those Amazon bastards. All they're going to send me is the same goddamn response and tell me to submit an alert request.

However, I do find it very strange the BD-fans haven't experienced the same issue.
Well, it's probably a supply issue, and as we know, BDs just haven't been selling that great so far. Maybe when the PS3 comes out, they'll run into problems with having enough stock of BDs.
Old 09-15-06, 11:02 PM
  #42  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll pre-order Batman Begins from Amazon, but if it doesn't ship on time, I will just cancel and go to Best Buy.
Old 09-16-06, 11:46 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,189
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I'll pre-order Batman Begins from Amazon, but if it doesn't ship on time, I will just cancel and go to Best Buy.
If they ever show it available.
Old 09-16-06, 11:47 AM
  #44  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 15,957
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
relax, guys. it was just announced a couple of days ago
Old 09-16-06, 01:23 PM
  #45  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,189
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And the others were released months ago. Amazon is teh suck.
Old 09-16-06, 02:12 PM
  #46  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon has definitely been on and off with their HD DVD releases, but I've got so much incentive to shop there (10% off, A9 discount, Amazon prime, and Amazon credit card), that I end up saving a lot on each purchase, and then get gift certificates to apply back to other pre-orders. So everytime I can order from Amazon, I do.
Old 09-16-06, 04:10 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 7,183
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Warner Home Video will release the long-awaited HD-DVD debut of Batman Begins on October 10th. The title promises to include a new In-Movie Experience (IME) feature that plays over the film, along with an exclusive video commentary track with director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale.

DAVISDVD.com
Old 09-16-06, 04:47 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
along with an exclusive video commentary track with director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale.

DAVISDVD.com
Nice!!

I've been waiting till I could get a player for $300-350, but this announcement is getting me a little excited and willing to jump the gun. Announce an HD Matrix and a player is mine.
Old 09-17-06, 02:56 AM
  #49  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indications are no Matrix in 2006.
Old 09-19-06, 12:54 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 5280
Posts: 3,413
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cover art for both front and back. Not sure though if it is official.
http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3271

It says TrueHD.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.