Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Toshiba HD-DVD laptop at circuit city

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's only $2,999 and it comes with a free printer.

As a bonus for me, it's actually in stock in my store. Guess I'll be heading over to pick one up

http://circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=151678

• Intel Core™ Duo T2500
• 17" WUXGA display
• Dual 100GB hard drives
• 1024MB of DDR2 SDRAM
• HD DVD player
• DVD SuperMulti drive

Toshiba Qosmio® Notebook PC (G35-AV650)

Notebook performance: This advanced notebook features the new Intel Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2.0GHz), 1024MB of DDR2 SDRAM and dual 100GB SATA hard drives.

Next-generation processing: The Intel® Core™ Duo represents the next generation of Centrino® mobile technology-based notebook processors. This new processor combines revolutionary dual-core mobile performance and great power efficiency.

Beautiful display: Big and beautiful, the 17” WUXGA widescreen display features Ultimate TruBrite™ technology that lets you truly experience your digital content. Enjoy intricate details, wider viewing angles and dramatically enhanced color saturation.

DVD SuperMulti drive: This drive supports DVD-RAM–a technology that allows you to use specially-formatted DVDs as you would other removable media. Drag and drop, write and rewrite your files—up to 100,000 times. Use the DVD+/-R/RW/CD-RW capability to share home movies, burn music mixes or back-up files.

HD DVD player: This advanced drive also plays HD DVD—you'll enjoy unbelievably lifelike detail in your favorite movies.

Like a mobile theater: The NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX Go 7600 graphics card, 256MB of dedicated GDDR3 video memory and a fast PCI-Express x16 interface will produce home-theater quality video. The high-fidelity harman/kardon® Bass Reflex speaker, Dolby® Home Theater™ enhancements and Toshiba’s integrated 1-bit digital amplifier will maximize your audio experience.

Supersize your video: As if the 17” display isn’t large enough, the HDMI connector with support for 1080i lets you connect your Qosmio to HD TVs to enjoy movies and games in stunning detail and a larger format.

TV tuner: This integrated TV tuner features parental controls and closed captioning.

Go mobile: Integrated Bluetooth™ 2.0 enables easy communication with PDAs and other enabled devices. Integrated wireless 802.11a/b/g lets you get connected in just about any public hotspot.

Fingerprint reader: This next-generation security protects your confidential data while allowing you instant access.

ExpressCard/54 slot: Be ready for the next generation of faster, lighter PC card expansion products. When you use the ExpressCard/54 slot, data transfer rates jump from 10MBps to 500MBps.

Bridge media adapter: Enjoy seamless transfers from digital cameras and camcorders. This 5-in-1 adapter works with Secure Digital®, Memory Stick™, Memory Stick PRO™, Multi Media Card and xD™ memory cards.

Software bundle:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005, Office OneNote™ 2003, Works™ 8.5 and Windows® Media Player 10
Toshiba Qosmio Player
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0
Sun® Java™ 2 Runtime Environment
InterVideo® WinDVD® HD, 5 and WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum
Sonic Solutions® PrimeTime™, RecordNow!™ Basic and Drive Letter Access™
Yahoo! Music Engine
McAfee® Internet Security Suite and VirusScan ® (30-day trials)
Old 06-25-06, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have this bad boy? I picked one up yesterday at Circuit City. So far, I am very impressed with the laptop in general....but the HD-DVD playback is a tad glitchy right now. They are releasing regular updates though for it.