DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   PETITION for Other to top all (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/93023-petition-other-top-all.html)

junior_jam 03-21-01 01:13 PM

Look up. I can kinda understand "Forum Home" being above the Other Forum in the drop down menu, but c'mon...DVD Talk, DVD Bargains and DVD Reviews? For a minute you might think this place is about DVDs. WTF?!? Oooooooooooooooh, no. Read downward and you'll find that the DVD Exchange and DVD-ROM & PC Hardware Forums are farther down the list. So, it can't be that. In light of the fact that the menu isn't alphebetized, there's just gotta be some order to the chaotic drop down menu. I suggest Geoff make the Other Forum directly under "Forum Home" because it gets the most traffic. That way, all the lazy SOBs here don't have to roll their mouse as far to get where they're going! :rolleyes:

junior_jam 03-21-01 01:16 PM

Whhoooooooooosh, randyc moves it faster than the speed of light.

Alyoshka 03-21-01 01:16 PM

Most of us are so lazy that we program little command lines so we just have to hit something like alt-ctr-F1 and it'll take us right to other... :D

Do we really need to be any lazier...I guess too many of us need to save our energy for the padding. I guess you've got a point. :rolleyes:

p1forest 03-21-01 01:20 PM

What a lot people don't know is alt-F4 will automatically take you to the site you visit the most. Since for most people it's DVDTalk, that's all you have to do. :)

junior_jam 03-21-01 01:20 PM

Great, now Alyoshka's gonna be the only person to reply in the heavily traveled Feedback and Suggestion Forum. :rolleyes:

junior_jam 03-21-01 01:21 PM

Good try, p1forest...I remember the "Windows IQ test". -rolleyes-

Alyoshka 03-21-01 01:28 PM

Originally posted by junior_jam
Great, now Alyoshka's gonna be the only person to reply in the heavily traveled Feedback and Suggestion Forum. :rolleyes:
yup, I woke up and I was in this weird feedback forum. How do I get out of here, I'm stuck.

I also remember that mean alt-f4 trick. No more of your games it made my computer really sad.

MWoody 03-21-01 03:12 PM

*whip-snap* Bad posters! Back, back I say! Back in your Other forum cage!

;)

Josh H 03-21-01 03:24 PM

The top 5 in the drop down should be as follows.

DVD Talk (it is the sites namesake afterall)
Other
Movies, Movies, Movies
At The Movies
DVD Bargains

The rest of them should be organized by traffic, but I don't know enough about how much traffic the rest of the forums get to try and rank them.

[Edited by joshhinkle on 03-21-01 at 04:27 PM]

Fhrx 03-21-01 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Most of us are so lazy that we program little command lines so we just have to hit something like alt-ctr-F1 and it'll take us right to other... :D
Amen, my bookmark goes straight to the other first!

Scott27 03-21-01 07:05 PM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
The top 5 in the drop down should be as follows.

DVD Talk (it is the sites namesake afterall)
Other
Movies, Movies, Movies
At The Movies
DVD Bargains

The rest of them should be organized by traffic, but I don't know enough about how much traffic the rest of the forums get to try and rank them.

While I agree with most of your post, Josh. I think DVD Bargains should be 3rd in the list. There are more lurkers in that forum than in any other, I'm sure. Many of the threads in there have thousands of views. Second would probably be better for it because it has more traffic than other, I would imagine, taking lurkers into account, although it has less posts.

Josh H 03-21-01 07:19 PM

DVD Bargains probably does get more traffic, I just put it lower because there are no bargains any more. ;) People are posting dvd's at 17.99-19.99 as "bargains." ;) I just long for the good old days. I rarely paid more than $10 for a dvd. That's a lot higher than most, but I never did any of those "click you life away for a GC" things. :)

gcribbs 03-22-01 01:37 AM

I doubt Geoff will reorder them , but who knows :) . I think it should be Dvdtalk, Dvd bargains , Other then what ever order you want. i will find the rest :)

codefree 03-22-01 01:49 PM

I think since this is afterall, DVDTalk, non DVD and movie forums should be last. Putting it first? Please! -rolleyes-

Bushdog 03-22-01 05:59 PM

Originally posted by gotdvd?
I think since this is afterall, DVDTalk, non DVD and movie forums should be last. Putting it first? Please! -rolleyes-
I agree, though the rolleyes may be excessive.;)

Soup Nazi 03-24-01 03:52 AM

Originally posted by p1forest
What a lot people don't know is alt-F4 will automatically take you to the site you visit the most. Since for most people it's DVDTalk, that's all you have to do. :)
rotfl