Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Format change?

Old 09-13-22, 06:27 PM
  #76  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 27,980
Received 1,176 Likes on 831 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by IBJoel
That's OK. I actually realized a far easier way of doing it. If you're on Desktop, at the very bottom of the page, on the right, you should see "Manage My Preferences" in the blue ribbon. You can edit cookie settings there. If you're on mobile, it's at the very bottom, just centered.
Interestingly... I do not. See here:


Each of the above has a unique URL (ie: "Contact us" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sendmessage.php, "Archive" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sitemap/, etc.)
Do you think you could share the URL for "Manage my Preferences" since I can't see it? Maybe if I can access that page directly, I can edit cookie settings. Worth a shot
Old 09-14-22, 09:48 AM
  #77  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 23,419
Received 656 Likes on 440 Posts
Re: Format change?

I also do not see that (on desktop or on mobile).
Old 09-14-22, 12:10 PM
  #78  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 11,424
Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by Dan
Interestingly... I do not. See here:


Each of the above has a unique URL (ie: "Contact us" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sendmessage.php, "Archive" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sitemap/, etc.)
Do you think you could share the URL for "Manage my Preferences" since I can't see it? Maybe if I can access that page directly, I can edit cookie settings. Worth a shot
Dumb question, have you tried widening your screen? I see it, and it's right after "Top -"

Old 09-14-22, 12:12 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Legend
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 11,424
Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by Dan
Interestingly... I do not. See here:


Each of the above has a unique URL (ie: "Contact us" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sendmessage.php, "Archive" goes to https://forum.dvdtalk.com/sitemap/, etc.)
Do you think you could share the URL for "Manage my Preferences" since I can't see it? Maybe if I can access that page directly, I can edit cookie settings. Worth a shot
Dumb question, have you tried widening your screen? I see it, and it's right after "Top -"

Interestingly enough, when I am editing a reply, the Manage Preferences link is replaced with a "cookie Settings" one. But it doesn't actually do anything if you click it
Old 09-14-22, 12:21 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 14,817
Received 211 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: Format change?

My windows desktop with firefox also does not have the "manage preferences". The window is maxed out. Even if I drag the edge of the window out further right, manage preferences doesn't show up. The last thing in that menu bar is "Top - ".
Old 09-14-22, 01:33 PM
  #81  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,431
Received 805 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Format change?

Same here.
Old 09-14-22, 01:51 PM
  #82  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 27,980
Received 1,176 Likes on 831 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by joeblow69
Dumb question, have you tried widening your screen? I see it, and it's right after "Top -"
Nope, that doesn't show up at all.
Can you share the link that "Manage Preferences" goes to?
Old 09-14-22, 01:54 PM
  #83  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,975
Received 1,051 Likes on 611 Posts
Re: Format change?

Manage Preferences just shows a pop-up, so no link, unfortunately. I did find out it only shows to people in the EU and California
Old 09-14-22, 03:05 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 1,890
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: Format change?

On my browser, the footer bar switches between showing "Cookie Settings" (which does nothing if I click it) and "Manage Preferences" (which brings up the cookie choice popup).

I'm on Chrome desktop and not resizing my window, just navigating to different pages and/or clicking Reload in the browser.
Old 10-04-22, 11:25 AM
  #85  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 14,817
Received 211 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: Format change?

Has there been any update on how to manage the cookie preferences if we aren't in the EU or California? I'm on a windows desktop, Firefox, adblock disabled. Still unable to see tweets and the like.
Old 10-04-22, 02:33 PM
  #86  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,975
Received 1,051 Likes on 611 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Has there been any update on how to manage the cookie preferences if we aren't in the EU or California? I'm on a windows desktop, Firefox, adblock disabled. Still unable to see tweets and the like.
Go into Settings, then Privacy & Security and you can edit cookie settings there
Old 10-04-22, 08:22 PM
  #87  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,719
Likes: 0
Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Re: Format change?

You keep giving the canned response about cookies. Are you sure this is the issue? I did not have a problem with YouTube videos or tweets being embedded and now all of a sudden I can’t see them in my phone. Nothing has change. Are you positive this isn’t an overall site problem? It seems to be happening to too many people.
Old 10-04-22, 11:13 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 74,483
Received 5,905 Likes on 4,030 Posts
Re: Format change?

If I clear all Cookies I can see tweets for half a day then they disappear again.
Old 10-05-22, 11:05 AM
  #89  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,975
Received 1,051 Likes on 611 Posts
Re: Format change?

Guys, that's what it is. We switched to a different GDPR/CCPA plug-in, which changed cookie categorization. We then fixed that and you have to accept ALL cookies on the site to get content that is embedded.
Old 10-05-22, 02:02 PM
  #90  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 7,942
Received 303 Likes on 206 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Guys, that's what it is. We switched to a different GDPR/CCPA plug-in, which changed cookie categorization. We then fixed that and you have to accept ALL cookies on the site to get content that is embedded.
Just a shot in the dark here that may not be possible, but is there any way for embedded content to show up as a link for users who do not have all cookies accepted? For example, right now embedded tweets don't show up for me in the original post, but when someone quotes the post, it shows up as a link (not an embed). Any way for that to show up as a link in the original post (or to always show the embed and the link in the original post)? If that's possible at all technically, it would be much better than just nothing showing up at all.
Old 10-05-22, 02:51 PM
  #91  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,975
Received 1,051 Likes on 611 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by kefrank
Just a shot in the dark here that may not be possible, but is there any way for embedded content to show up as a link for users who do not have all cookies accepted? For example, right now embedded tweets don't show up for me in the original post, but when someone quotes the post, it shows up as a link (not an embed). Any way for that to show up as a link in the original post (or to always show the embed and the link in the original post)? If that's possible at all technically, it would be much better than just nothing showing up at all.
I can see if this is possible
The following users liked this post:
kefrank (10-07-22)
Old 10-05-22, 03:02 PM
  #92  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,719
Likes: 0
Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Guys, that's what it is. We switched to a different GDPR/CCPA plug-in, which changed cookie categorization. We then fixed that and you have to accept ALL cookies on the site to get content that is embedded.
Can you give like some screenshots or something on what we are supposed to be doing?
You mentioned manage preferences previously, and that is not on my browser.
This is the only site I am having issue with.
Old 10-05-22, 03:36 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
Thread Starter
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,431
Received 805 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by dex14
Can you give like some screenshots or something on what we are supposed to be doing?
You mentioned manage preferences previously, and that is not on my browser.
This is the only site I am having issue with.
Same here. In that little blue box on the bottom, the last entry says top.
Old 10-05-22, 04:30 PM
  #94  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,975
Received 1,051 Likes on 611 Posts
Re: Format change?

So I found out Manage Preferences is only viewable for those in California and Europe.
To accept all cookies...
Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/an...-block-cookies

FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/si/questions/976723

Safari (and Chrome for Android): https://akohubteam.medium.com/how-to...s-f9a8143b8cc5
Old 10-05-22, 10:32 PM
  #95  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,719
Likes: 0
Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Re: Format change?

Followed the directions and cleared the browser data. It worked temporarily but it still is an issue with them not showing.
Old 10-06-22, 05:16 AM
  #96  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,054
Received 422 Likes on 289 Posts
Re: Format change?

For those of you with a problem, have you tried using the browser Console to see if there are any error messages when it's not loading?

Another thing to possibly try, for Chrome-based browsers, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Cookies and other site data. Under "Customized behaviors", try clicking "Add" for "Sites that can always use cookies" and adding "forum.dvdtalk.com" as well as checking the box for "Including third-party cookies on this site".
Old 10-06-22, 10:34 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 14,817
Received 211 Likes on 169 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by dex14
Followed the directions and cleared the browser data. It worked temporarily but it still is an issue with them not showing.
I also followed the directions on Firefox, couldn't get it to work.
Old 10-07-22, 05:53 PM
  #98  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,719
Likes: 0
Received 4,450 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Re: Format change?

I keep seeing more and more people comment about YT videos not showing up when looking at the site on a phone...
Old 10-12-22, 07:31 AM
  #99  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 14,020
Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts
Re: Format change?

Originally Posted by dex14
I keep seeing more and more people comment about YT videos not showing up when looking at the site on a phone...
This is happening to me with YT videos and Twitter links. I have to refresh the page 1-5 times to see either one of them
Old 10-12-22, 10:58 AM
  #100  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 7,942
Received 303 Likes on 206 Posts
Re: Format change?

Maybe the GDPR/CCPA plugin that the devs changed to just sucks?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.