DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Ads redirecting on mobile (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/635465-ads-redirecting-mobile.html)

Breakfast with Girls 08-09-16 03:32 PM

Ads redirecting on mobile

On iPhone using Safari, and these ads are redirecting me to various sites including cam girls. It only happens here, gamefaqs.com, and politico.com for me—no other sites—so whatever ad network you guys are using has a shady ad that needs to be reported.

https://s10.postimg.org/cv61oqukn/im...249.1470774591

IBJoel 08-10-16 01:10 PM

re: Ads redirecting me to cam girl site MERGED

Thanks Breakfast! I'll get this reported. Were you on mobile skin or full? And was it an automatic redirect, without clicking on anything?

Breakfast with Girls 08-11-16 02:26 PM

Great, thanks. Mobile and automatic redirect.

b2net 08-16-16 03:21 PM

I don't get directed to a cam girl site but I sure do get hit with scamming supposed virus hits coming from some ads that load while in here and only when on this site. It is becoming very hard to use the mobile site as I have to completely kill the browser each time it happens....

IBJoel 08-17-16 01:33 PM

b2net, Thanks for the info. I'll add this to the tech ticket. Always helps to have more evidence!

The Cow 08-17-16 02:12 PM

I hardly use the mobile skin (also iOS) due to frequent redirecting.

b2net 08-17-16 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 12876549)
b2net, Thanks for the info. I'll add this to the tech ticket. Always helps to have more evidence!

I would love to provide evidence... The issue is when it happens it takes over the browser blasting the vibrate mode with panic pop-ups... Can't get passed that without killing browser...

I will try to get something if possible...

Btw, I am using chrome browser on an Android phone...

IBJoel 08-26-16 10:13 AM

Would anyone happen to notice which ads that are on the page when this occurs?

Mabuse 08-27-16 12:37 AM

Can someone post pics of said "cam girls"?

P.S. I'm a mod and want to get right to the bottom of this.

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 09-06-16 02:01 PM

Im getting alot of redirect ads too. Fake FB looking page for visa giftcards. Most recent was looking at the tv show atlantas thread. iOS on safari browser

Groucho 09-06-16 02:03 PM

why you no like our cam girls?

VinVega 09-06-16 03:53 PM

^ Mine redirects me to Korean bobblehead spam. Oh wait, that's the full browser version.

Deftones 09-06-16 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rex Power Colt-Robot Man (Post 12892112)
Im getting alot of redirect ads too. Fake FB looking page for visa giftcards. Most recent was looking at the tv show atlantas thread. iOS on safari browser

I have been getting that for a while here. The site it redirects to is luckyyou.mobi, which is about winning some prize. Also on chrome for mobile in android.

GhostLee 09-06-16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 12875714)
I don't get directed to a cam girl site but I sure do get hit with scamming supposed virus hits coming from some ads that load while in here and only when on this site. It is becoming very hard to use the mobile site as I have to completely kill the browser each time it happens....

I got hit with one of those last week; I also had to kill the browser to clear it.

Rex Power Colt-Robot Man 09-08-16 08:18 PM

Just had 3 more in a row on TV Talk. This is getting GD out of hand.

Edit: make it 4

Shannon Nutt 09-08-16 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 12875714)

I get hit with the same when using the site on my Kindle Fire. Never have this issue on my laptop.

OldBoy 09-11-16 07:31 PM

Why does this pop up on iPhone on this site?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ds/image_7.png

Every time I pop into a thread this pops up like an annoying ad that can't get rid of. I can understand on PC, but never had such a malware on phone...

VinVega 09-11-16 08:27 PM

Re: Ads redirecting me to cam girl site MERGED

Oldboy, I merged your post with this thread. Seems to be on the same topic. I get the crappy redirects too on both Android and iPhone.

bunkaroo 09-12-16 09:51 AM

Also getting the redirects Oldboy posted. Seemed more common on the random image thread in Otter.

DVDChris 09-12-16 12:00 PM

I keep getting the same ad as OldBoy. It's making the mobile site unusable

Mike86 09-12-16 02:31 PM

Website Redirect Issues

Hello,

I've been experiencing issues lately when using the website on my iPhone where I'll constantly get redirected to a page telling me that I've won some sort of prize. It's been happening a lot lately over the past week or so and is really irritating as I pretty much have to constantly close the tab and open a new one but even then a lot of times it'll still happen. I have pop ups blocked on Safari on my phone but it's still a pretty consistent issue. This is the only website I regularly frequent where this happens. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Edit: it just happened again after I posted this thread. Irritating as hell.

OldBoy 09-14-16 04:53 PM

This ad redirect stuff is getting hella annoying...

Superman07 09-14-16 09:26 PM

Add me to the list. Happening on my iPhone and iPad. I have not tried switching to the desktop site.

VinVega 09-14-16 09:29 PM

I got the camgirl crap on my iPhone today. :doh:'

PM'd IB about it.

IBJoel 09-15-16 11:53 AM

Our tech guys are on this. They've managed to replicate it (I couldn't) and are currently working on resolving it.