DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Is there even a point to having a DVD Clubs section anymore? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/624527-there-even-point-having-dvd-clubs-section-anymore.html)

The Infidel 01-11-15 07:31 AM

Is there even a point to having a DVD Clubs section anymore?

Just curious. The place is totally dead. There are threads on the very first page that haven't been posted in for three years. It's like having a room in a mansion that either nobody uses at all or even knows about. Board that sucker up.

Cardsfan111 01-11-15 02:14 PM

Re: Is there even a point to having a DVD Clubs section anymore?

Originally Posted by The Infidel (Post 12359601)
Just curious. The place is totally dead. There are threads on the very first page that haven't been posted in for three years.

Wait a second, every thread is on the first page since that's the only one. :lol:

I'll admit, there's not much activity. Though I think that's always been the case in that section, being viritually ignored by folks. Even by bargain hunters who just didn't want to mess with enrolling/cancelling, etc. to take advantage of a deal.

But there is some activity. The main CH sales/codes thread just had another terrific sale at the first of the year.

The Infidel 01-11-15 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12359838)
Wait a second, every thread is on the first page since that's the only one. :lol:

I'm seeing 37 pages of threads. The last page dates back to '04.

Norm de Plume 01-11-15 10:27 PM

DVD Clubs? What's that?

Cardsfan111 01-11-15 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel (Post 12360158)
I'm seeing 37 pages of threads. The last page dates back to '04.

Interesting.

I only had a list of threads with activity in 2014 (less than a single page). Went into my user settings and discovered a setting which was set at "show all threads from the last year". I changed it to "show all threads" and now I have all 37 pages.

VinVega 01-12-15 09:18 AM

I think the problem is when we completely delete a forum, the existing threads become homeless and cause issues with searching for them. We did that with another forum and had some issues. It's not impossible, but there is work on the back end from the web admins to clean up the mess after the sub forum is deleted.

So the balance is:
How annoying is it? vs. How much back end work will it take to properly clean up the orphan threads?

The Infidel 01-12-15 04:16 PM

Well, I never said it was "annoying".

But hey, if you guys want to keep an obsolete room around like a dead animal head on the wall to look at, it's none of my business.